Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 171 of 173 FirstFirst ... 71121161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,907 of 2933

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Little Guy

Matt - Long time lurker! Thanks for all the info! Questions is about sodium for a Natural BB in prep. On average, how much sodium do you recomend per day for a natural BB during prep? Thanks!

Matt, quick question. do you recommend carbing up wed and Thursday then lower carbs Friday to dry out? I'll cut water at 9-10 pm and rely on dry carbs until sat morning?
    Show/prejudging is Saturday 10am

I watch your video on YouTube on how you carbed up nick and you did kind of the same, you carbed him up wed then Thursday with half the carbs. did you do that so he can make weight or regardless you would've still followed that protocol ?

Thanks

Hey Matt,

What's your basic protocol on taking dyazide leading up to show time? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    I believe its an angiotensen 2 antagonist.....not so dure it replicates triamterene.... then you are left with non potassium sparing HCTZ...

Id stick with dyazide. I would avoid potatoes, dates, raisins, yams etc.... your ratios could get so skewed ,,,, you could risk severe cramping and heart problems from hyperkalemia

-Matt

No its a B blocker with a diuretic given to people with CHF(Congestive Heart Failure).

inject winny has caused MORE INFECTIONS than any inject I can think of -- plus lumps and redness... crap if you ask me!

Oral is the way to go --- end of story.

-Matt
    Depending on brand and Quality, i GUARANTEE you Desma amps will never do that.

Little Guy

Hey matt, I started dieting 8 weeks out and pretty much did 25 grams carbs or less the entire time. my coach wants me to do all that water tapering and carb loading crap but I don't think itll be good. I am using AAS. My question is about my final week. How/when should I reintroduce carbs and deplete sodium/water and when and how should I use dyazide.

Weigh ins are Friday 4pm-9pm and prejudging is 10am Saturday morning and night show is 7pm

I cut insulin at 10 weeks out. I'm thinking of using it as part of my carb load. Last year I did with good results but left it in the entire prep. I'm 6 days out and plan to load on Wed, cut back on Thursday, and gauge where I'm at on Friday and take it what I need. Have you seen a lot of success loading using insulin? I just worry a little because I haven't used it since 10 weeks out.

Little Guy

Matt - Last few weeks of my prep I'll be down to zero carbs try to get down as lean as possible. When sticking to your normal load protocal, how many carbs would you suggest on Wed, Thurs, Fri? I am a natural competitor. Thanks!

Matt, right off the bat, I lurk-never post. I have read all 171 pages. I have notes upon notes as well as my own 12 years if competition notes (bad and good). This year, I've decided to use the method of drying up and carbing up with low sodium carbs and reintroducing sodium/carb/fats 3 hours before pj. I actually did a similar method like this way back in 2004 and it worked (sorta). It was more of a shitload and I went dumb and added water at an inopportune time. I also bloated because I thought shitloading was a free for all.. Lesson leaned. I Floated away... But for a wee moment I was stupid shredded. My question for you Matt is about the low sodium carbs after water is turned off. Rice cakes, (baked) red potatoes, (dry) steel cut oats and I think you made a mention one time of having low sodium, breakfast bars. I've looked and looked but have not seen you recommendation of fat content on these carbs... As well as water content of these carbs. Obviously we wouldn't want to add water to the oats, and not boil the potatoes.. I get that.. (Other than dry steel cut oats are gonna suck eating), but do you have any recommendations of other types of sodium free/low carbs? Does the fat content need to be low or will the far help slow down the insulin sensitivity and absorption? And lastly, any thoughts on a piece of fruit to fill up liver glycogen so the rest of the carbs get into the muscle? GDA usage, yes or no? (You've answered this but for the life of me I can't find it)
    I am going to work around 300g carbs and work from there (slowly). Thank you... Appreciate the excellent posts!

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    I cut insulin at 10 weeks out. I'm thinking of using it as part of my carb load. Last year I did with good results but left it in the entire prep. I'm 6 days out and plan to load on Wed, cut back on Thursday, and gauge where I'm at on Friday and take it what I need. Have you seen a lot of success loading using insulin? I just worry a little because I haven't used it since 10 weeks out.

I honestly wont use it if I feel its not 100% necessary. I have used it when super sucking someone into weight, and ensuring they fill out insanely fast for next morning.

I really hate doing anything too dramatic,,, it raises my cortisol too high lol

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Hey Matt, just looking to get the #MattPorterApproval on this idea for my upcoming peak week!

Workouts:

• Depletion workouts Mon - Weds, 15-25 reps upper body only. Aim for 30-40 minute workout.
    • Goals are to get a good sweat, deplete gylcogen and get as much blood in muscle as possible without breaking down tissue too much.
    • Cardio still 35-40 minutes, a little lighter than normal, and wear sweater for sweating purposes.

Nutrition/Sodium:

• Diet will remain constant until Friday.
    • Use sodium as per normal until Friday, on Friday reduce all external sources of sodium. Keep sauces to a minimum, eliminate egg whites, replace protein powder with whole protein sources.
    • Friday’s diet will be 0 starchy carb until 10pm (2hr’s after water shut off). Alternating 150g of Chicken, Asparagus, and Cucumber with 150g Steak, Asparagus and Cucumber.
    • 2hr’s after water shut off, so roughly 10pm, attempt to load 150-200g of sodium free carbs: Salt free rice cakes, brown rice, 1min Oats (dry), Low sodium granola cereal, Low sodium cereal bars, and low sodium breads.
    • Once asleep keep some rice cakes, bags of rice or cereal bars in bathroom to have every time I wake up to pee.
    • Show Day: 6am Wake-up, sodium gets reintroduced with 1st and 2nd meals.
    • 1st meal will be pancakes, bacon, butter and dark chocolate OR Steak (lightly salted with seasoning), white rice and dark chocolate.
    • 2nd meal (8am roughly) will be Steak meal from two options for Meal 1.
    • Will snack on rice cakes w/ almond butter and jam, white bagel, angel food cake, and plain 1 minute oats dry until stage time.
    • Just before pump up eat Ĺ Aero Chocolate Bar.

Water Intake:

• Initial water intake is roughly 6 Litres per day.
    • Starting Sunday increase water intake at least 1 Litre per day.
    • Sunday (7L), Monday (8L), Tuesday (9L), Wednesday (10L), Thursday (11L) and Friday (12L) if possible.
    • Water gets abruptly shut off at 8pm Friday night to increase diuresis process. (Having a glass of low calorie wine before this time, it has worked in the past to really dry me out the next morning)
    • Show day: 6-8oz of water in between meals once sodium has been reintroduced, nothing more.

Supps/Notes:

• Start OTC diuretic on Tuesday, follow directions on bottle.
    • After Pre-judging, go out for a burger and fries, keep water to 6-8oz, then nap.

Little Guy

Hey, Matt.

Around what body fat% do you typically change your high carb/zero fat refeeds to full cheat meals containing fat?

Thanks!

Muscle Head

Hey matt i totally love this thread! look at all the good stuff each day

One quastion at how many Weeks out would you start to use Winstrol?

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Matt,

Are there people who contact you that you donít workwith?Maybe they have unrealistic goalsor they are too far out of shape?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

But be warned --- when you cramp punch the moron in the face who hands you dates, bananas or yams ---- triamterine SPARES potassium so if you screw up your potassium ratio with MORE potassium from potassium rich foods ---- chances of hyperkalemia will be a FATAL issue if the heart cramps.

-Matt
    Yup, and I see it over and over again. Athletes have a misunderstanding about the ''mechanism of action'' of the drug...in this case a diuretic.....

Yes, Hypokalemia can be caused be most diuretics...cramping secondary to dehydration and many other side effects (mostly minor) occur...

The most overlooked and also most dangerous part is when it goes the other way. As Matt already pointed out, one should not take additional potassium while using a potassium sparing diuretic.....NOW HERE IT COMES...taking any diuretic, especially when not knowing what you are doing and without knowledge about possible pre-existing health issues >>>>IN FACT may shut your kidneys down aka ARF (Acute Renal Failure)...Now your Potassium will shoot rocket high and leading to Arrhythmias and from there (unless treated with more than likely 1-2 boluses of 10 units Humalin-R intravenous ).....to Cardiac Arrest......and then Death....

Not scare anybody but just wanted to point this out because most users here don't understand the above "Mechanism of Action"

Muscle Head

hi matt

want to ask ur recommendation
    i hav a contest coming up.the show is the saterday and the next saterday is another one
    with regards to water intake,carbs,diuretics etc.what would u do after fiest show to make sure i can peak the next weekend again and come in really dry
    would u skip a cheat meal after the 1st show the sunday and start depleting striaght away

ur input is greatly appreciated

thanks
    Vern

Quote Originally Posted by J.Harris View Post
    Matt - Long time lurker! Thanks for all the info! Questions is about sodium for a Natural BB in prep. On average, how much sodium do you recomend per day for a natural BB during prep? Thanks!
    I would not be so anal as to count each salt shake or what have you -- I would have you just stick to the SAME the of flavorings and seasonings from the start of prep. 16 week out. For instance ,,, use sriracha, ketchup, mustard, and sea salt. we would just keep those in the whole way as well as same water intake (until final few days)

I like people to be liberated to some degree for not super crunching numbers , but not so lax that they drink 1/2 gallon 1 days and 3 gallons the next - I can't tolerate that crap

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Page 171 of 173 FirstFirst ... 71121161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast