Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    ouch,that hurts. you are talking about one of the most renown prep coaches in Florida!
    he seems nice and all --- but from what i have seen he is always looking for a magic trick or special product to do the work for him...glucagon injections, lots of orals, fat burners etc...

Just need to come in peeled but that could mean hollowing out the quads, which could make a structure issue more pronounced....you get the picture...

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "did WONDERS for you" ---- How much better did it make you look with 7 days to go? You did not lose any fullness, vascularity or the ability to get a pump, and contract muscles? DO you have pics from a week out and day of the show?

-Matt
    It was slightly difficult to get pumped. But like I said, I kept sodium fairly high. I do have pics. Just gotta find them.
    Yes, that's me in my Avatar.

What exactly do you mean by "did WONDERS for you" ---- How much better did it make you look with 7 days to go? You did not lose any fullness, vascularity or the ability to get a pump, and contract muscles? DO you have pics from a week out and day of the show?

-Matt
    Also not saying you're wrong, just my personal experience. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Good advice I fucked my last contest prep after dieting for 16 weeks by doing some last minute voodo. Even if it works once it may not work the next time as I found out the hard way :/
    why the fuck would you do voodo for a bodybuilding contest?

Attachment 275129Attachment 275130Attachment 275131Attachment 275132Attachment 275133

Of course I was tired and worn out and never should have competed in 2011. Did something effing retarded for that and you live and learn.

I am usually always like this ---

-Matt
    Ahh, you look really pretty dang dry in those pics.

If you`re shrinkwrapped a week out,you don`t need a lot of "tricks" to mess up 16-20 weeks of prep.

Seen it a zillion times,guy looks great a few weeks out,day of the show he`s spilled over or too flat and stringy.
    Strictly Business

Amateur Threat

Just a recommended dose is fine and keep drinking normally and keep sodium consistent --- just adding an herbal should not fill your fullness unless you manipulate sodium and water extremely.

-Matt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toeheadskater View Post
    Also not saying you're wrong, just my personal experience. That's all.
    So, would you say you looked your very best on the exact day of the show? As in you did NOT slightly digress since the week prior and peaked as best as you could have?

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

did you know that whole thing fits on one page if you change the font size to 10?
    http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

So, would you say you looked your very best on the exact day of the show? As in you did NOT slightly digress since the week prior and peaked as best as you could have?

-Matt
    I think I was much dryer and thin skinned using only aldacyone for 5 days at 25mg twice daily

Quote Originally Posted by toeheadskater View Post
    I ran aldactone starting a week out at 25mg twice a day. Did wonders for me. But also kept prop in till last week and shitloaded. Didn't mess with water or.sodium though. Kept bot very high up until day of.
    Ran aldactone waaaay too long

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Nothing beats a sound workout plan and diet. No water depletion no carb manipulation and defiantly no sodium manipulation.

IMG_4063 (1).jpgphoto (20).jpgAttachment 275163

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    Ran aldactone waaaay too long
    Aldactone takes several days to fully build up effects on the aldosterone receptor, androgen receptor and progesterone receptors. 3 days is thought to be the minimum to run it for some effects.

Why would you opt to choose this androgen blocker (essentially what it is) over something fast , efficient like dyazide? Aldactone competes for the same receptors that proviron, halotestin and other orals are aiming for in the final days before show time.

This antii-steroid (aldactone) has never made much sense to me? Just want to know why this over dyazide?

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Hmmm, Doc recently put me on Spironolactone 50mg tabs twice a day due to HBP...umm,stress but anyways I personally think its way too much but what do I know..am not a doctor but as for the pumps still get them but I have notice not as vascular and I gained freaking 7 lbs on a 1300 calorie intake. Gonna have ask her about that when I see her at my next appointment if am not dead by then

I prefer aldactone

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Hmmm, Doc recently put me on Spironolactone 50mg tabs twice a day due to HBP...umm,stress but anyways I personally think its way too much but what do I know..am not a doctor but as for the pumps still get them but I have notice not as vascular and I gained freaking 7 lbs on a 1300 calorie intake. Gonna have ask her about that when I see her at my next appointment if am not dead by then
    Yes. Dr's prescribe aldactone for male pattern baldness, ACNE, Hirsutism (excessive body hair for women) , so it definitely blocks androgen (testosterone) receptors for these uses. Gyno is not uncommon from usage either. I just feel this product is not necessary.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

either cooking, eating, sleeping or crapping

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    I prefer aldactone

why?

I am in my first contest prep so obviously you have a million times more experience then me but everything Matt is saying is dead on from a pharmacological perspective.

Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast