Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 2932

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

  1. #103
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Oh yea ----- another thing that is brutally retarded is scheduled "cheat meals."

    LOL! You know how many times I see dumbass competitors (that just because they competed) begin doing newbies diets?! So they regurgitate a "Palumbo Diet" which is really not Ketogenic at all and a simple low carb diet and that is it. The competitor will then give the innocent client/newbie a cookie cutter Palumbo diet and have them have their "once-a-week" cheat meal EVERY SUNDAY, when they have no damn business cheating in the first place!

    First off -- the only real reason to merit a cheat meal is if A.) You are soaring ahead of schedule and most of the Body fat is off
    B.) You are damn lean, but very flat, over trained and exhausted
    C.) It is right after a contest and your next contest is in 3-4 weeks and you need to fill out and need to "reset."

    Most the the newbie clients are NOT lean right out the gates and most of the time will never need such practices. Advanced people who cycle year around and start prep lean --- sure sometimes.

    Back to the Palumbo Diet and the word "ketogenic" being used in it.....not really the case. A true Ketogenic diet is 70% fats, 25% protein and 5% carbs --- you literally eat butter, oils and sausage.....it is great for sedentary people and NOT BB's.

    Dave's diet will have you using 2 energy substrates --- glucose and "some" ketones. With protein HIGH and fats MEDIUM --- you will convert lots of protein to glucose so you will not always be in ketosis ---NO WAY.

    Also PB is something that most people should chuck out the window win dieting --- easiest thing to cheat on. At night you will cave in. Throw that junk away and always go for pre measured nuts (100 calorie packs Almond packs, trader joes raw almond packs etc)

    Not to mention PB glorified for its "health" benefits is a sham --- it is a lectin, *anti nutrient* and also poor choice for monounsaturated fat (omega-9) when olive, almonds, and macadamia nut are superior.


    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  2. #104
    Barbarian JRob23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    450
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Would like to hear your take on this.

    If my last days of training are Sunday and Monday and Tuesday is cardio only, I start my carb up on Wed/Thurs/Fri, how do you feel about a very light upper body pump session, nothing extreme at all on Wednesday? I'll definately be doing so Thursday and Friday, but how do you feel about that first initial day of loading AND with it following a day "off" from the gym. Let the load do just that and take place on Wednesday, or enhance the uptake with some light sets?
    Jimmy Robinson - IG @jimmyrob23

  3. #105
    Pit Leader bolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My Real Name is... Jason Voorhees
    Posts
    19,617
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    The fact that Matt is more knowledgeable and more professional than Nole, just solidifies my comment. Her is the new prep-boss. Sorry Joel, you had a good run.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

    Training Log

  4. #106
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,512
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    doubtful...

    and rocky understands how wrong he is right now, he is just ruffling feathers.. 4 days ago he was giving advice to "listen to your prep coach" now he is getting tips from a fellow coach on the same boards? kinda disrespectful...he is smart enough to do it through pm if he was really questioning what his coach was telling him
    what you been smoking??? how am i getting tips from a fellow coach exactly? so far i disagree with Matt on two main issues LOL
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  5. #107
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,512
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Guy's,

    Noel is my friend and has judged me numerous times. He does not need to say much or give much explanation as his clients pictures/results speak for themselves. Noel has a sense of humor and simply gets a kick out of messing with people on here....

    He know's when to make adjustments and that is the most important part,,, not any fancy drug protocol or diet technique --- having a good eye for detail and when to pull the trigger. Rocky probing questions is fine as long as he ultimately stays true to his coaches advice, but should always be entitled to ask questions about "what and why."

    -Matt
    exactly,l i am probing questions, not second guessing my coach or sking you for advice....if anything i think you are dead wrong in having your clients on tren ONLY without test, or have them use injectables too close to the show when localized trauma can lead to unexpected water retention...
    i think Carnge loves to always portray me in a bad light because he has some issues with me...well buddy it aint working, i know you have no reading disabilities so if you read my posts you'd know better than to talk out of your ass about me.

    Matt you are a good dude,and i know you mean well, i just think some of your prep beliefs wouldnt work for certain individuals
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  6. #108
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    what you been smoking??? how am i getting tips from a fellow coach exactly? so far i disagree with Matt on two main issues LOL
    What main issues?

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  7. #109
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,512
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    What main issues?

    -Matt
    1. taking tren without any test
    2. taking injects too close to the day of the show
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  8. #110
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    exactly,l i am probing questions, not second guessing my coach or sking you for advice....if anything i think you are dead wrong in having your clients on tren ONLY without test, or have them use injectables too close to the show when localized trauma can lead to unexpected water retention...
    i think Carnge loves to always portray me in a bad light because he has some issues with me...well buddy it aint working, i know you have no reading disabilities so if you read my posts you'd know better than to talk out of your ass about me.

    Matt you are a good dude,and i know you mean well, i just think some of your prep beliefs wouldnt work for certain individuals
    If you are a husky fuck, who carries more BF and never stays lean in off-season keep test low and cut early and run anabolics higher or cut it 14 days out --- Injecting until Thurday is fine and as long as you do not inject somewhere you are NOT accustom to you will be fine.....anything after thursday is unnecessary.

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  9. #111
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    1. taking tren without any test
    2. taking injects too close to the day of the show
    Just to clarify --- it all depends on the person....

    I would not ALWAYS cut test out for a person --- it is all based on how they are looking and responding. NOTHING is ever 100% set in stone.

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  10. #112
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,035
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Hey I cant help it am MEXICAN...its all the tortillas we eat that causes big butts

    Wish you knew how bad blue balls feels. LMAO
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

  11. #113
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,512
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Just to clarify --- it all depends on the person....

    I would not ALWAYS cut test out for a person --- it is all based on how they are looking and responding. NOTHING is ever 100% set in stone.

    -Matt
    that is not what you said in your original post....but it's ok. i know me personally, i will never run tren without test again,unless my prep coach 100% guaranteed me my class win plus overall LOL!
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  12. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Actually according to Vida text it is Androgenic: 24 and Anabolic: 322 ---- this is why FEMALES will choose anavar due to its LOWER ANDROGENIC effects......

    YES -- masteron +tren + win/var all to the show

    -Matt
    Interesting.....Everywhere else has oxandrolone listed as 322-630(anabolic) and 24(androgenic). I thought females were mostly to avoid the higher anabolic rated steroids?

  13. #115

    Default

    Great thread. Don't agree with you re 'cheat' meal but each to his own

  14. #116
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked!!! View Post
    Great thread. Don't agree with you re 'cheat' meal but each to his own
    What dont you agree with? I see high body fat people having scheduled cheat meals because they are told to do so -----an d the reason is "it keeps the metabolism turning and replenishes glycogen" --- utter BS because if your body fat is high --- you have much more room to diet before "cheat meals" or calorie loads are even merited. To fully initiate a metabolic boost worthy --- 1 cheat meal wont do anything other than satiate your psychological cravings ----to elevate leptin and increase thyroid via --t4-->t3 conversion a legit 4-7 days of over feeding would spark the metabolism --- not 1 or 2 cheat meals. That is hog wash. Half the people are on T3 anyways so that reasoning is blown out the window anyways......

    Cheat meals are for super in shape people --- not people just starting off their preparation. Just my opinion --- like always, tons of ways to get there , just some ways make sense and are more efficient.

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  15. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Oh yea ----- another thing that is brutally retarded is scheduled "cheat meals."

    LOL! You know how many times I see dumbass competitors (that just because they competed) begin doing newbies diets?! So they regurgitate a "Palumbo Diet" which is really not Ketogenic at all and a simple low carb diet and that is it. The competitor will then give the innocent client/newbie a cookie cutter Palumbo diet and have them have their "once-a-week" cheat meal EVERY SUNDAY, when they have no damn business cheating in the first place!

    First off -- the only real reason to merit a cheat meal is if A.) You are soaring ahead of schedule and most of the Body fat is off
    B.) You are damn lean, but very flat, over trained and exhausted
    C.) It is right after a contest and your next contest is in 3-4 weeks and you need to fill out and need to "reset."

    Most the the newbie clients are NOT lean right out the gates and most of the time will never need such practices. Advanced people who cycle year around and start prep lean --- sure sometimes.

    Back to the Palumbo Diet and the word "ketogenic" being used in it.....not really the case. A true Ketogenic diet is 70% fats, 25% protein and 5% carbs --- you literally eat butter, oils and sausage.....it is great for sedentary people and NOT BB's.

    Dave's diet will have you using 2 energy substrates --- glucose and "some" ketones. With protein HIGH and fats MEDIUM --- you will convert lots of protein to glucose so you will not always be in ketosis ---NO WAY.

    Also PB is something that most people should chuck out the window win dieting --- easiest thing to cheat on. At night you will cave in. Throw that junk away and always go for pre measured nuts (100 calorie packs Almond packs, trader joes raw almond packs etc)

    Not to mention PB glorified for its "health" benefits is a sham --- it is a lectin, *anti nutrient* and also poor choice for monounsaturated fat (omega-9) when olive, almonds, and macadamia nut are superior.


    -Matt
    Dave had some success with a few clients. The one that stood out most to me was Toney Freeman in 2007. Toney has not been able to nail his conditioning since. Ben White also looked great on Dave's diet.
    Seems it works great for some people (mostly Afro Americans?)
    Z

  16. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    What dont you agree with? I see high body fat people having scheduled cheat meals because they are told to do so -----an d the reason is "it keeps the metabolism turning and replenishes glycogen" --- utter BS because if your body fat is high --- you have much more room to diet before "cheat meals" or calorie loads are even merited. To fully initiate a metabolic boost worthy --- 1 cheat meal wont do anything other than satiate your psychological cravings ----to elevate leptin and increase thyroid via --t4-->t3 conversion a legit 4-7 days of over feeding would spark the metabolism --- not 1 or 2 cheat meals. That is hog wash. Half the people are on T3 anyways so that reasoning is blown out the window anyways......

    Cheat meals are for super in shape people --- not people just starting off their preparation. Just my opinion --- like always, tons of ways to get there , just some ways make sense and are more efficient.

    -Matt
    Agree with that one
    Z

  17. #119
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Dave had some success with a few clients. The one that stood out most to me was Toney Freeman in 2007. Toney has not been able to nail his conditioning since. Ben White also looked great on Dave's diet.
    Seems it works great for some people (mostly Afro Americans?)
    I would like to believe Dave doesn't cookie cutter top level guys as much and caters to their needs and customizes their plan. I spoke with toney in 2007 and he ate 55g of fat per meal! plus his cheats were different---- so if you have a watchful eye monitoring you ----any diet works just about...

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •