Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 173 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Tricky because the natural can "flatten out" out and deflate in a blink of an eye. They do not have anabolic and androgenic help to keep the muscles full and round looking. AAS aid in intracellular water, and makes you look full.

A natural should not do anything crazy and just do pretty much ZERO fine tuning before a show because they are not taking X + Y + Z compounds which aas users have to account for. If anything the natural athlete could take a 1/4 -1/2 tab of dyazide and simply KEEP drinking water to stay somewhat full. But never completely CUT FLUIDS!

-Matt
    hey mate, great thread.

so you think a natural should not worry too much about re-feed days, carbing up and manipulating sodium for a show and just diet your fucking ass off?

Would this not cause you to be "flat"?

a friend of mine who has had some success competing but is a bit "old school" said this is how he dieted and i thought he was being well, "old school" lol.

cheers.
    Last edited by bigdealbaby; April 7th, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Totally agree on the cheat meal advice..............seen lots of fatasses cheating at just a few weeks into their diets.

Had guys just start dieting for a show and ask me when they could have a cheat meal.

Once you are extremely lean,then you can cheat a bit IMO.
    Strictly Business

What dont you agree with? I see high body fat people having scheduled cheat meals because they are told to do so -----an d the reason is "it keeps the metabolism turning and replenishes glycogen" --- utter BS because if your body fat is high --- you have much more room to diet before "cheat meals" or calorie loads are even merited. To fully initiate a metabolic boost worthy --- 1 cheat meal wont do anything other than satiate your psychological cravings ----to elevate leptin and increase thyroid via --t4-->t3 conversion a legit 4-7 days of over feeding would spark the metabolism --- not 1 or 2 cheat meals. That is hog wash. Half the people are on T3 anyways so that reasoning is blown out the window anyways......

Cheat meals are for super in shape people --- not people just starting off their preparation. Just my opinion --- like always, tons of ways to get there , just some ways make sense and are more efficient.

-Matt
    I have one cheat meal a week. Post leg training because I really blast my legs. Had one last night sushi. Yesterday weighed in at 204.4 this morning 203.2... Definently look better today, drier and harder. I don't go over board with cheats like some do kinda just like a refead. 6 days 100 carbs then one day of 600 carbs. Working well for me this year. Last year was different crazy how body changes

Totally agree with you on the whole carb up thing I will prob keep my carbs at like 50-100 til Friday before the show then Friday 300, cut water at 8pm then have a burger before prejudge just for sodium( noticed a burger fills me out in like an hour) with maybe 8 oz of water. Just using MHP expel Friday

what do you think about diet soda?

i hear sodium is my friend but can i just drink diet soda because it is diet instead of water?

i used to drink 4-6 litres of it a day and i remain suspicious that it made my midsection soft

i don't drink a drop of it any more
    http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

What dont you agree with? I see high body fat people having scheduled cheat meals because they are told to do so -----an d the reason is "it keeps the metabolism turning and replenishes glycogen" --- utter BS because if your body fat is high --- you have much more room to diet before "cheat meals" or calorie loads are even merited. To fully initiate a metabolic boost worthy --- 1 cheat meal wont do anything other than satiate your psychological cravings ----to elevate leptin and increase thyroid via --t4-->t3 conversion a legit 4-7 days of over feeding would spark the metabolism --- not 1 or 2 cheat meals. That is hog wash. Half the people are on T3 anyways so that reasoning is blown out the window anyways......

Cheat meals are for super in shape people --- not people just starting off their preparation. Just my opinion --- like always, tons of ways to get there , just some ways make sense and are more efficient.

-Matt
    I think you forget the mental part of having a cheat meal. it lets competitors have something to look forward to at the end of the week. which helps them stay on there diet for the rest of the week.

it also helps keep people from flattening out too much and refilling them with muscle glycogen. Where as a I do agree a high carb day is a better a choice to do that, don't discount the mental value of having a cheat.

lastly, one cheat meal a week will not ruin a contest prep, if so then something else is probably wrong with your nutritional plan and/or cardio plan as long as you plan it accordingly.

I think diet soda is garbage and it's horrible for you!! Plus carbonation prevents digestion of nutrients

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    I think you forget the mental part of having a cheat meal. it lets competitors have something to look forward to at the end of the week. which helps them stay on there diet for the rest of the week.

it also helps keep people from flattening out too much and refilling them with muscle glycogen. Where as a I do agree a high carb day is a better a choice to do that, don't discount the mental value of having a cheat.

lastly, one cheat meal a week will not ruin a contest prep, if so then something else is probably wrong with your nutritional plan and/or cardio plan as long as you plan it accordingly.
    cant you look forward to something other than food at the end of the week? food is just fuel, no more no less
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by KrohDaddi View Post

i hear sodium is my friend but can i just drink diet soda because it is diet instead of water?

i used to drink 4-6 litres of it a day and i remain suspicious that it made my midsection soft

Diet mountain dew is the shit 6 weeks in on the diet

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    Diet mountain dew is the shit 6 weeks in on the diet
    NOEL what do you think of all the hardcorz bodybuildas who drink gallons of crystal light every day while prepping for a show? it that good at all?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    I have one cheat meal a week. Post leg training because I really blast my legs. Had one last night sushi. Yesterday weighed in at 204.4 this morning 203.2... Definently look better today, drier and harder. I don't go over board with cheats like some do kinda just like a refead. 6 days 100 carbs then one day of 600 carbs. Working well for me this year. Last year was different crazy how body changes
    What you having is called a higher carbohydrate day --- not what I call "cheat meal" --- which is pizza, burgers desserts, empty calories etc...... If you go super low carbs 100g or less + cardio + intense training + are not in fat ass condition that is totally fine and I do that all the time with CERTAIN people.

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    hey mate, great thread.

so you think a natural should not worry too much about re-feed days, carbing up and manipulating sodium for a show and just diet your fucking ass off?

Would this not cause you to be "flat"?

a friend of mine who has had some success competing but is a bit "old school" said this is how he dieted and i thought he was being well, "old school" lol.

cheers.
    Dude -- unless you are the genetically gifted black athlete who already is born with delt tie ins, and round muscles ---- being white and natty......chances are you will be pretty damn "flat" looking ----in fact VERY FLAT looking with clothing on etc... but if you get peeled ---- you will POP and EXPLODE on stage and that wont matter.

Sure -- I had my natural guy have maybe TWO refeed days of 800+ grams of carbs, but he was in shape before he was permitted those and his husky ass finally got flat. I actually did his water and sodium and diuretic as if he was JUICED and I regretted it. He looked better the night before full of gallons of water. NOW I KNOW.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    NOEL what do you think of all the hardcorz bodybuildas who drink gallons of crystal light every day while prepping for a show? it that good at all?
    Im not hardcorez enough for that.

<<<not a true bodybuilda

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post

I simply do not care about the mental aspect if the cheat meal is NOT NEEDED. If the body fat is not single digits and LOW ENOUGH --- I wont permit such practices as the competitor needs to be mentally tough and able and willing to endure the pain of getting lean.

Will 1 cheat meal kill the whole diet??? No -- but it wont help and I only do things that hold reason and progressively move us forward. I tell them to go buy a battle for olympia video, magazines etc...entrench themselves into their prep and do what ever it takes to stay motivated......unless you have veins running up and down your abs and side of glutes ---- forget cheat meal.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    Totally agree with you on the whole carb up thing I will prob keep my carbs at like 50-100 til Friday before the show then Friday 300, cut water at 8pm then have a burger before prejudge just for sodium( noticed a burger fills me out in like an hour) with maybe 8 oz of water. Just using MHP expel Friday
    That is fine --- but hopefully you can take a dump after the burger because you want that mid section tight and able to crunch on abs/thigh --- I like theburger and fry after PJ because you are almost guaranteed a nice bowel movement. Be careful about distending yourself.

I like funyuns, and pizza combos for sodium. lol.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrohDaddi View Post

I have most people drink a REQUIRED 1.5g spring water a day ----- diets are what I call "extra credit" and do not count towards the 1.5 gallons.

Crystal light has glucose polymers for fillers and IMO will ignite mild insulin release and fuck you up hunger wise and perhaps from oxidizing as much fat.....

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

That is fine --- but hopefully you can take a dump after the burger because you want that mid section tight and able to crunch on abs/thigh --- I like theburger and fry after PJ because you are almost guaranteed a nice bowel movement. Be careful about distending yourself.

I like funyuns, and pizza combos for sodium. lol.

-Matt
    ^^^ Dude knows his 'shit'. Oh the drama..

Page 8 of 173 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast