Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curbing hunger during contest prep

Default Curbing hunger during contest prep

How does everyone help curb the hunger pangs when contest dieting? I'm 10 weeks out and hungry as shit all day. I eat a lot of veggies, drink some flavored BCAA's and Crystal Light, and drink coffee to help some...but are there any other good ideas out there?

Quote Originally Posted by workoutfreakk View Post
    How does everyone help curb the hunger pangs when contest dieting? I'm 10 weeks out and hungry as shit all day. I eat a lot of veggies, drink some flavored BCAA's and Crystal Light, and drink coffee to help some...but are there any other good ideas out there?
    Gum? Diet soda...that's all I got.
    "When a vacuum was a badge of honor." - Pecan

"I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Vegetables.
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    I prefer the Mint Chocolate chip, Key lime, and the strawberry shortcake dessert delights but the apple pie isn't bad either.

Key lime is actually my favorite. Orange creamesicle would be bomb if it had more flavor.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    Key lime is actually my favorite. Orange creamesicle would be bomb if it had more flavor.
    Yeah I agree I'm not a huge fan of the orange creamsicle but it's still pretty good...One of the better gums currently on the market is Stride's nonstop mint flavor.

glucomannan (konjac root) 5 caps 20 mins before meals. 5-HTP to elevate serotonin. L-dopa to increase dopamine and regulate leptin a little better --- I chew nicorette, but feel terrible advising someone else to do so.....

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    glucomannan (konjac root) 5 caps 20 mins before meals. 5-HTP to elevate serotonin. L-dopa to increase dopamine and regulate leptin a little better --- I chew nicorette, but feel terrible advising someone else to do so.....

-Matt
    Those are all good (besides the nicotine lol). Just make sure the dosage is high enough that you actually get an effect from it.

A trick I always did was after I drank my post workout shake I'd fill the shaker up with water and chug that as quick as I could. It'll leave you feeling full for an hourish.

pretty much the same as what OP said...veggies (mainly broccoli), flavoured BCAA drink, lil coffee here and there

Hunger is a good indication the body is burning fat, usually worse at night, my advise is to eat your protein close to bed with veggies. Own it. The difference between you and the rest of America is you suffer to look good.

Sugar Free metamucil

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    Hunger is a good indication the body is burning fat, usually worse at night, my advise is to eat your protein close to bed with veggies. Own it. The difference between you and the rest of America is you suffer to look good.
    this is the truth.....the need to cheat is almost overpowering at night for me. i just usually eat some veggies drink copious amounts of water and go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by teenbodybuilder3 View Post
    this is the truth.....the need to cheat is almost overpowering at night for me. i just usually eat some veggies drink copious amounts of water and go to bed
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post

-Matt

I've heard some stupid shit, but damn.

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

well how rude and disrespectful and I will not have you disrespecting paying members on this site Oh wait...wrong site. Anyways behave

Quote Originally Posted by barbellman View Post
    I've heard some stupid shit, but damn.

I have a VERY hard time mentally when I get hungry. I feel like if im hungry im eating muscle tissue. Im still dieting on 4,200 calories though, so i havent been hungry too often. Mainly at night now that I dot get any carbs my last 2 meals.
    Im going out now to buy some of that gum. Ive been going nuts with the cheat food cravings lately

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast