Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie after Team U (natural)

Quote Originally Posted by quattro View Post
    DNTS....THANK YOU. You basically went into detail far better then I did. So I take your post and say......X2
    This.
    Moral of the story: Ronnie is a genetic anomaly, so to assume he was natural even into the IFBB pro ranks isn't too far fetched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro View Post
    DNTS....THANK YOU. You basically went into detail far better then I did. So I take your post and say......X2
    X 1000!!
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Dedicated Noob

I'm sorry, but genetics or not, I simply refuse to believe that the pics from him in 89 or that video of him in 1990 are of a drug-free bodybuilder. That's just my own opinion, as much as part of me would like to believe a man can get that kind of muscularity without steroids.

The only believeable photo was of him in Grade 10 with his trophies. He doesn't look like a genetic freak there, and I've personally seen guys back in high school who looked similar. But even those college football photos make you wonder. It's very easy for me to understand what happened with Ronnie, just like any other pro: they had great genetics in that they were naturally muscular before they ever touched a weight. So after training naturally, they realized there was a sticking point. So they took steroids to continue their growth. That's completely believable to me, because that's the pattern with just about all pro bodybuilders.

The video of him in 1990 looks like a bodybuilder on steroids. That kind of development is unreal, and I used to think the only way to get that kind of muscularity we with chemical assistance. I knew a guy about six years ago who won not only his weight division but the overall in his weight category (middleweight). The first thing he told me after I met him outside the show was "I'm a natural bodybuilder". I didn't want to be rude, so I just shook his hand and marvelled at the fact that, if it were true, that he completely destroyed his competition, most of which were established amateur bodybuilders who were on steroids.

A year later, this same guy switches to a drug-free federation and, no surprise, wins their national level competition. His photos were a little less impressive from what I saw onstage at the untested show, but judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W54O1WoxV9k

He's not as tall (around 5'7) but if this can be so for him, then there must be a way for it to be possible for someone taller like Ronnie.

Part of me still rebels against the fact that some people can attain this kind of physique without steroids, but just because I can't (or others) doesn't mean that it's impossible.

But in Ronnie's case, he took his physique as far as it could go without drugs. And then he switched over and the rest is history. Even with them, it took a long time for him to win the O. Dorian also was natural many years before progressing to drugs. The lesson I think is that if you're not willing to put in the work without chemicals first, then you're probably not going to have the will, the patience or the guts to keep you moving to the top of the sport.

What Ronnie said is that he didn't understand how all these guys were ahead off him (proving my point that he's mildely retarded) and that he went to Flex' hotel room while they were on a European tour...he asked Flex what the hell were the top guys doing and that he did this this and this...Flex replied that he's doing it wrong and he should do this this and this...now that might mean that he either told him about steroids and what he should use or that Ronnie didn't use the right stuff or whatever...I think that for a guy who pushed himself to over 310 pounds in the offseason it is maybe possible that he turned pro natty...I guess we will never know..

Dedicated Noob

a true freak!

Banned

i said the same, if thats natural, damn he is one freak!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whwatson82 View Post
    is it me or does he kinda sound like Mike Tyson in this vid?

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    You don't have personally know Ronnie to know that
    If you have head on your shoulders you would do the same conclusion

Ronnie is genetic freak, he looked better even before starting lifting weights than 50% population on juice (165 pounds, no training) about 1980
    Attachment 276078Attachment 276079

Ronnie a bit bigger as a middle linebacker at Grambling State University (still no juice, maybe a bit training, probably 190 pounds) arround 1982-1986
    Attachment 276080

Graduated GSU in 1986, started working as police officer and joined Metrofelx for the first time. After 2-3 years training in 1989 weighted 215 (still jo juice):
    Attachment 276082

In 1990 was offered to compete for free gym membership (no interetes in competing at all, why to juice + he was officer = clearly natural here)

Took 4th at NPC show, was offered to compete at World Amaters, because 2 top bodybuilers whose were ahead of Ronnie in that competition didn;t want to compete (why? World Amaterus was drug tested show, they knew they won't pass the drug test, Ronnie was natural why not try?). 1991 at World Amateurs and NPC shows (still natural)
    Attachment 276083 Attachment 276084

The video was made right after Amateurs where he got his pro card. Got his pro card still competed as natural in few of his first shows as a pro, not placed well, then as was stated in one of MD videos Flex Wheeler introduced him to the real world - want to be competitive you have to do what everyone does.

Ronnie at first Olympia in 1992 vs 2004 Ronnie in 2004 Olympia (difference 80 solid pounds of muscle)
    Attachment 276085

Do you still think he juiced up untill 91-92???
    This is the absolute truth, i wish this post could be made a stick somewhere because it's so accurate. 100% agree with everything you've stated. The guy is a 1 in a billion genetic freak who have a perfect mindset. He was like Mike Tyson in his Prime, Lawrence Taylor in his prime, Michael Jordan in his prime, Tiger Woods in his prime, Michael Jackson in his prime...should i continue, those guys are what they are for a reason. Ronnie was natural at that time and Ronnie will always be the most dominant bodybuilder of all time.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_29 View Post
    He was like Mike Tyson in his Prime, Lawrence Taylor in his prime, Michael Jordan in his prime, Tiger Woods in his prime, Michael Jackson in his prime...should i continue

Yep, please continue !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post

Yep, please continue !!
    well as far as making an impact and the amount of records he set in the music industry at the time no one was on his level. He surpassed everyone he was up against in the billboards and everyone went crazy over his music back in the day. Im just naming people who set the bar really high and he was def one of them. Not a sport but still in a sense of success...hope you get what i meant when i meantioned him, MJ was meant for greatness from the very beginning.

Him and Kai were supposedly natural amateurs. I'd love to know if thats true

Yes clearly natural. With the right genetics all he had to do was just train hard and eat right lol. Ronnie was amazing as a bodybuilder, but Ronnie as a human being.. not so much. Hypocritical police officer/drug abusing bodybuilder/self proclaimed Christian. Just doesn't add up
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    Yes clearly natural. With the right genetics all he had to do was just train hard and eat right lol. Ronnie was amazing as a bodybuilder, but Ronnie as a human being.. not so much. Hypocritical police officer/drug abusing bodybuilder/self proclaimed Christian. Just doesn't add up
    He also has like 10 kids or something ridiculous. He only married like 4 years ago... and it would appear he is no longer married.
    ironmaglabs.com

Banned

I think he was on a lil sumthin sumthin

Beach Body

I really can't believe some people would question if he was natural or not there. Look at his contest history and pictures. you can tell when he hit the gear. People say they follow bodybuilding but i have no idea how genetic response to gear works and just how good someones genetics have to be naturally in order to be MR.O

Quote Originally Posted by bandit2011 View Post
    I really can't believe some people would question if he was natural or not there. Look at his contest history and pictures. you can tell when he hit the gear. People say they follow bodybuilding but i have no idea how genetic response to gear works and just how good someones genetics have to be naturally in order to be MR.O
    Word.

Many people with average genetics who have never seen one of those rare people with ridiculous genetics just doesn't believe they can exist. It SUCKS that they do - but they do.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Him and Kai were supposedly natural amateurs. I'd love to know if thats true
    If anyone could do it,it is these 2.

OCB102012MD 3904.jpg

I've been a trainer for 8 years now as my main profession. When you actually start working with hundreds of people, in my opinion, you start to get a MUCH clearer picture of what "genetics" is and means. And in my opinion, I think a LOT of people can get a LOT farther than they think (no drugs), with just great genetics.

I prepped the girl above for her first show this past October, an OCB show. She LITERALLY started working out in May of last year-- had never touched a weight prior-- and started dieting in June. Somebody else trained her with weights, I just did her diet programming. But based on the conversations we had, she didn't have the FIRST CLUE of what she was doing with her training.

She walked into the show and won every division (novice, masters, open) at a pretty competitive show, I want to say around 70 total figure girls. 100% clean (tested), 6 total months training, and walked in looking like a lot of IFBB pros wish they could.

Granted, this is a figure girl, not nearly as much muscle needed. I get that. But I've seen plenty of examples of "freaky-ish" genetics on male bodybuilders around here, etc.

Unfortunately, it mostly comes down to bone structure and muscle bellies. All the drugs in the world can't help give you those two things.

-lifepulse

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast