Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: JAY COMPETING IN THE ARNOLD??

  1. #1
    IFBB PRO chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,480
    Gender
    Male

    Default JAY COMPETING IN THE ARNOLD??

    Never say never, as I ask the champ this very question in the newest episode of THE LAST REP

    Check it out...

  2. #2
    Forum Leader: No Bull Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    13,311
    Gender
    Male
    Last edited by Carnage; May 2nd, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Amateur Threat FlashRob.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Jay's loaded, healthy and young. IMHO, he should just sign autographs and gie seminars for the next 5 years. He must really love the competition side of it.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

  4. #4
    Beach Body Mpressive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Curling in the Squat Rack
    Posts
    688
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    There is 0 benefit of him competing in the Arnold. This shouldn't even be a question. He competes and loses not only will it tarnish his Arnold record, but also lose all of the hype of a "big Jay comeback" at the Olympia. If you need interesting questions to ask I'm sure we can provide you some...
    Favorite Superset: Cheeseburger and Milkshake. -Lee Priest

  5. #5
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpressive View Post
    There is 0 benefit of him competing in the Arnold. This shouldn't even be a question. He competes and loses not only will it tarnish his Arnold record, but also lose all of the hype of a "big Jay comeback" at the Olympia. If you need interesting questions to ask I'm sure we can provide you some...
    I'd go along with everything you said there. I don't see the point unless he's chasing the dollars and has complete faith that he would win.

  6. #6
    IFBB PRO chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,480
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpressive View Post
    There is 0 benefit of him competing in the Arnold. This shouldn't even be a question. He competes and loses not only will it tarnish his Arnold record, but also lose all of the hype of a "big Jay comeback" at the Olympia. If you need interesting questions to ask I'm sure we can provide you some...
    There was a specific reason I asked Jay that question...which you would know if you actually watched it....

  7. #7
    Beast KrohDaddi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    exquisite torment
    Posts
    7,808
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    did your cell-phone start vibrating in the middle of the interview?
    http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

  8. #8
    Amateur Threat bantamweightchamp2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,063
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    To me that is a great bodybuilder........don't do it for the money Jay.....do it for the love of bodybuilding......that is a true champion win or lose !.................

  9. #9
    Amateur Threat reformathard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    damn, he said it! considering doing the arnold!

  10. #10
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    i didnt watch the video but i would guess that he needs to qualify for the olympia again next year no?

  11. #11
    Beach Body cutlerdisciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    499
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    i think if you have won the o before you are always qualified to compete (unless the IFBB changed that rule too)

  12. #12
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just peed down to the undies
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Why? So Branch will beat him with torn lats, legs and arms? It's Branch's show to lose. He just has to show up, if that.

  13. #13
    IFBB PRO chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,480
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyluong2001 View Post
    i didnt watch the video but i would guess that he needs to qualify for the olympia again next year no?
    All mr Olympias are qualified for life, would only need to request to compete...

  14. #14
    Amateur Threat FlashRob.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaizenro View Post
    Why? So Branch will beat him with torn lats, legs and arms? It's Branch's show to lose. He just has to show up, if that.

    branch can't tough Jay at the O.... I doubt he'd beat him at the Arnold.


    My own belief, however outside the box, is that Jay is best served NEVER COMPETING AGAIN. Remember when Ronnie stretched it out with "getting ready for a comeback..." People bought into it for 2 or 3 years as he kept waffling about which show he'd do. Over and over he'd say "I'm doing the Olympia THIS year!" Now, only fools believe it.

    In retrospect, it was a smart move. Instead of immediately becoming irrelevant, he was still brought up for at least 2 years in every O conversation. He still had people waiting in likne 3 hours to meet him, 2 years after he was done with the stage.

    He could skip the O due to the biceps... flirt with everyone about the Arnold, then announce he'll REALLY bring it to the Olympia. Then something can come up and a small injury or "excellent opportunities" keep him out of the the 2013 Olympia. And the game continues... he's the backup QB that everyone begs for, but he gets to avoid the stage (and getting 3rd at a show and losing a lot of marketability).

    That's my advice to Jay, since he didn't ask for it ENjoy your success, string em along and don't compete again.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

  15. #15
    Spotter _ROBERTiNHO_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashRob.com View Post
    branch can't tough Jay at the O.... I doubt he'd beat him at the Arnold.


    My own belief, however outside the box, is that Jay is best served NEVER COMPETING AGAIN. Remember when Ronnie stretched it out with "getting ready for a comeback..." People bought into it for 2 or 3 years as he kept waffling about which show he'd do. Over and over he'd say "I'm doing the Olympia THIS year!" Now, only fools believe it.

    In retrospect, it was a smart move. Instead of immediately becoming irrelevant, he was still brought up for at least 2 years in every O conversation. He still had people waiting in likne 3 hours to meet him, 2 years after he was done with the stage.

    He could skip the O due to the biceps... flirt with everyone about the Arnold, then announce he'll REALLY bring it to the Olympia. Then something can come up and a small injury or "excellent opportunities" keep him out of the the 2013 Olympia. And the game continues... he's the backup QB that everyone begs for, but he gets to avoid the stage (and getting 3rd at a show and losing a lot of marketability).

    That's my advice to Jay, since he didn't ask for it ENjoy your success, string em along and don't compete again.
    What a loser mindset.

  16. #16
    Beach Body Mpressive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Curling in the Squat Rack
    Posts
    688
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I like Jay. I think he's one of the greatest of all time and by far the best representative for the sport, ever. He's an amazing business man and he needs to stick to that side of it at this point. I'm sure he loves to compete. He has the drive and determination, but he's got to realize that competing only tarnishes the brand that is Jay Cutler. Sell supplements, guest pose, endorse products, and make a hell of a lot of money for very little work.

    It's time to stop being Jay the competitive bodybuilder and start being Jay the bodybuilding businessman!
    Favorite Superset: Cheeseburger and Milkshake. -Lee Priest

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •