Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JAY COMPETING IN THE ARNOLD??

Default JAY COMPETING IN THE ARNOLD??

Never say never, as I ask the champ this very question in the newest episode of THE LAST REP

Check it out...

Last edited by Carnage; May 2nd, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Jay's loaded, healthy and young. IMHO, he should just sign autographs and gie seminars for the next 5 years. He must really love the competition side of it.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

There is 0 benefit of him competing in the Arnold. This shouldn't even be a question. He competes and loses not only will it tarnish his Arnold record, but also lose all of the hype of a "big Jay comeback" at the Olympia. If you need interesting questions to ask I'm sure we can provide you some...
    Favorite Superset: Cheeseburger and Milkshake. -Lee Priest

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Mpressive View Post
    There is 0 benefit of him competing in the Arnold. This shouldn't even be a question. He competes and loses not only will it tarnish his Arnold record, but also lose all of the hype of a "big Jay comeback" at the Olympia. If you need interesting questions to ask I'm sure we can provide you some...
    I'd go along with everything you said there. I don't see the point unless he's chasing the dollars and has complete faith that he would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpressive View Post
    There was a specific reason I asked Jay that question...which you would know if you actually watched it....

did your cell-phone start vibrating in the middle of the interview?
    http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

Amateur Threat bantamweightchamp2014's Avatar

To me that is a great bodybuilder........don't do it for the money Jay.....do it for the love of bodybuilding......that is a true champion win or lose !.................

damn, he said it! considering doing the arnold!

Dedicated Noob

i didnt watch the video but i would guess that he needs to qualify for the olympia again next year no?

i think if you have won the o before you are always qualified to compete (unless the IFBB changed that rule too)

Iron Addict

Why? So Branch will beat him with torn lats, legs and arms? It's Branch's show to lose. He just has to show up, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by andyluong2001 View Post
    i didnt watch the video but i would guess that he needs to qualify for the olympia again next year no?
    All mr Olympias are qualified for life, would only need to request to compete...

Quote Originally Posted by kaizenro View Post
    Why? So Branch will beat him with torn lats, legs and arms? It's Branch's show to lose. He just has to show up, if that.

branch can't tough Jay at the O.... I doubt he'd beat him at the Arnold.

My own belief, however outside the box, is that Jay is best served NEVER COMPETING AGAIN. Remember when Ronnie stretched it out with "getting ready for a comeback..." People bought into it for 2 or 3 years as he kept waffling about which show he'd do. Over and over he'd say "I'm doing the Olympia THIS year!" Now, only fools believe it.

In retrospect, it was a smart move. Instead of immediately becoming irrelevant, he was still brought up for at least 2 years in every O conversation. He still had people waiting in likne 3 hours to meet him, 2 years after he was done with the stage.

He could skip the O due to the biceps... flirt with everyone about the Arnold, then announce he'll REALLY bring it to the Olympia. Then something can come up and a small injury or "excellent opportunities" keep him out of the the 2013 Olympia. And the game continues... he's the backup QB that everyone begs for, but he gets to avoid the stage (and getting 3rd at a show and losing a lot of marketability).

That's my advice to Jay, since he didn't ask for it ENjoy your success, string em along and don't compete again.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashRob.com View Post
    branch can't tough Jay at the O.... I doubt he'd beat him at the Arnold.

My own belief, however outside the box, is that Jay is best served NEVER COMPETING AGAIN. Remember when Ronnie stretched it out with "getting ready for a comeback..." People bought into it for 2 or 3 years as he kept waffling about which show he'd do. Over and over he'd say "I'm doing the Olympia THIS year!" Now, only fools believe it.

In retrospect, it was a smart move. Instead of immediately becoming irrelevant, he was still brought up for at least 2 years in every O conversation. He still had people waiting in likne 3 hours to meet him, 2 years after he was done with the stage.

He could skip the O due to the biceps... flirt with everyone about the Arnold, then announce he'll REALLY bring it to the Olympia. Then something can come up and a small injury or "excellent opportunities" keep him out of the the 2013 Olympia. And the game continues... he's the backup QB that everyone begs for, but he gets to avoid the stage (and getting 3rd at a show and losing a lot of marketability).

That's my advice to Jay, since he didn't ask for it ENjoy your success, string em along and don't compete again.
    What a loser mindset.

I like Jay. I think he's one of the greatest of all time and by far the best representative for the sport, ever. He's an amazing business man and he needs to stick to that side of it at this point. I'm sure he loves to compete. He has the drive and determination, but he's got to realize that competing only tarnishes the brand that is Jay Cutler. Sell supplements, guest pose, endorse products, and make a hell of a lot of money for very little work.

It's time to stop being Jay the competitive bodybuilder and start being Jay the bodybuilding businessman!
    Favorite Superset: Cheeseburger and Milkshake. -Lee Priest