Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: DLB chest and back circuit

Another good vid by Rob. The DLB trains hard!

I love the warehouse gym

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    I don't understand why she is arching so bad on the incline presses. All that is doing is making it more into a flat press and therefore making it easier. Whats the point?
    the weight is too heavy for her, plain and simple...you can sugar-coat it all you want, or tell me how we will never understand such high level of training, but she is doing no more or less that what any high school punk at my gym does to lift more weight then they should, only they dont take supps and dont watch their diets
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    the weight is too heavy for her, plain and simple...you can sugar-coat it all you want, or tell me how we will never understand such high level of training, but she is doing no more or less that what any high school punk at my gym does to lift more weight then they should, only they dont take supps and dont watch their diets
    Remind me again, what's wrong with ego lifting?

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Thanks Rocky for just stating what YOU think the problem is on her form but rather than add fuel to the fire by adding the rest of your commentary which was unnecessary why not add something more informative to help us and her as well in what proper form should be with proper weight (which is different for all of us depending on our strength) like this illustration .....

Downward-Movement Phase

While breathing in, flex your elbows and horizontally abduct your upper arms, moving them away from each other, at the same time to lower the barbell toward the top of your chest. Stop when the barbell is about an inch above your chest or when it gently touches your chest, but avoid bouncing the barbell off your body. Keep your back flat against the bench and your feet on the floor throughout the movement.
    Upward-Movement Phase

The upward-movement

or concentric phase of the incline bench press exercise involves pressing the barbell back to the starting position after completing the downward-movement phase. This requires powerful shortening contractions from the involved muscles. While breathing out, or exhaling, extend your elbows and horizontally adduct your upper arms, moving them back together in front of your body, to lift the barbell back above your chest. Avoid arching your back to assist with the movement; keep your back flat against the bench and feet on the floor, just like the eccentric phase of the exercise.

I know that you can be of help sometimes so Please try to continue to do so instead of all this back and forth nonesense...okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post

whatever she does and takes its working, she looks great.

I'd put a baby in both her and rob.

[QUOTE=Hardly Krishna;3049563
    I'd put a baby in both her and rob.[/QUOTE]

WTF?LOL
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by NITRO300 View Post
    What's wrong with ego lifting? Anybody says they don't do it from time to time is a liar. Well those who are actually strong enough to have an ego in the gym anyway.

Second question, why does form matter in the first place? It's not Dancing With The Stars or "Lifting With The Pro's" -- they're just in the gym lifting how they please. Does it really matter if they do full range, half reps, Branch style, Yates style, Huh style? How about we all lift how we want and worry about ourselves?
    I second that motion

That's the first response to the question I posed. Seriously, why does it matter if someone is ego lifting or using bad form? Is it for concern of injury lol I highly doubt poeple on this board give a shit if any pro tears a pec because of piss poor form.

Honestly, I know why it's mentioned all of the time. People are constantly looking for approval - especially OCD and insecure gym rats. All you have to do is google overhand bent over rows vs. underhand bent over rows and you'll find dozens and dozens of threads across several forums of people asking "which is better". How about you figure it out for yourself with trial and error you retards!!! I might like something different from somebody else, doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong or vica versa.

DLB might prefer have reps, Evan might prefer squatting barefoot, Kai might prefer lifting in a red sweatsuit, Larissa Reis might prefer wearing a bikini to the gym, etc...who gives a shit!? What works for one person might not to shit for another.

Final message: Stop being drones and think for yourselves!

Pro-Primal

Great work Rob and Dana.

The close minded nature of people is amazing...
    - do it my way or you are wrong
    - do it the way I was taught or you are wrong
    - do it how my grade 8 PE teacher said or you are wrong

Full range of motion is not what a machine creates or a bench press causes. If bench press was originally created by using a bar while lying on the floor then people would think it was insane to go all the way to the chest....and from a human body mechanical point of view if bench was from the floor most shoulder issues, pec tears, etc probably would be greatly reduced.

Through any movement the body switches stresses to different muscles and to that end Jason Huh is the pro that understands best how to keep the time under tension on the target muscle.

Rocky - you are correct about delts/tris at high end but step back and look at the workout as a whole....you came off as mean spirited. I challenge anyone to immediately go do a tabata protocol set of sprints at full intensity you will better grasp how intense Dana was working and would support her. ....the Tabata will be 4 mins of hell that will amaze you.

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by 44324 View Post
    Great work Rob and Dana.

The close minded nature of people is amazing...
    - do it my way or you are wrong
    - do it the way I was taught or you are wron
    - do it how my grade 8 PE teacher said or you are wrong

Full range of motion is not what a machine creates or a bench press causes. If bench press was originally created by using a bar while lying on the floor then people would think it was insane to go all the way to the chest....and from a human body mechanical point of view if bench was from the floor most shoulder issues, pec tears, etc probably would be greatly reduced.

Through any movement the body switches stresses to different muscles and to that end Jason Huh is the pro that understands best how to keep the time under tension on the target muscle.

Rocky - you are correct about delts/tris at high end but step back and look at the workout as a whole....you came off as mean
    spirited. I challenge anyone to immediately go do a tabata protocol set of sprints at full intensity you will better grasp how intense Dana was working and would support her. ....the Tabata will be 4 mins of hell that will amaze you.

Maybe she shouldn't have skipped 8th grade then!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NITRO300 View Post
    What's wrong with ego lifting? Anybody says they don't do it from time to time is a liar. Well those who are actually strong enough to have an ego in the gym anyway.

Second question, why does form matter in the first place? It's not Dancing With The Stars or "Lifting With The Pro's" -- they're just in the gym lifting how they please. Does it really matter if they do full range, half reps, Branch style, Yates style, Huh style? How about we all lift how we want and worry about ourselves?
    That's a great sentiment, too bad it only comes up when the form being criticized is that of someone with some degree of celebrity. No one bats an eye at the talk trashing any and everything about some nameless, average joe.

Also, it's a bit ironic that you drop that underhanded slap against people who aren't strong enough to lift for ego in the first paragraph then get all kumbayah over form in the next.

If we're gonna get all cuddly and accepting lets be consistent about it. Lets not worry about how people lift, how much they lift or what they look like. Lets be all open, accepting and compassionate of everyone and everything.

Oh wait...

What am I talking about? This is a message board dedicated to worshipping the elite right on down to D-list Internet celebrities for the most superficial reasons possible.

Fucking hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by 44324 View Post

Rocky - you are correct about delts/tris at high end but step back and look at the workout as a whole....you came off as mean spirited. I challenge anyone to immediately go do a tabata protocol set of sprints at full intensity you will better grasp how intense Dana was working and would support her. ....the Tabata will be 4 mins of hell that will amaze you.
    i wasnt questioning the intensity of the workout itself...i too can superset 3 exercises with sloppy form and beat my body to the ground...i get that.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567