Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q&A with Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Today, 05:01 AM View Post
    Jim, do you think there are specific foods that are beneficial for gaining strength?
    Damn, thanks for that buddy. That really is a good question.

In this instance I'd like to leave this open for anybody to chime in with their own thoughts before I add mine

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

hey Jim, do you have a YT channel with guitar covers? I'd like to see how you play the guitar..

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

My YouTube channel is in my signature mate, there's a couple of short clips on there.

Will try and get my amp pugged up sometime and get the one of the Strat's screaming !!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

^^^^ nice!!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I simply feel compelled to post this video, that girl is Emily Miazga who is the creator of PowerCookie and 3 x winner of NZ's 243km Coast To Coast adventure race. I know her well, she's a top girl and she shares exactly the same thoughts and views as I do with regards to diet (you'll probably notice that if you watch the video).

Fairly easy on the eyes too
    Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ; July 12th, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Just got hold of one of the strongest Spirulina products around:

It's a real nutritional powerhouse.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

This is pretty mind blowing

Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ; August 12th, 2012 at 11:52 PM.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by July 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM View Post
    Do you believe you can completely get rid of the risk of a heart attack or stroke by overhauling someone's diet?
    I think a lot can be done to improve the overall health of the individual, and definately improve their chances of not having one, but honestly? No, not 100% anyway.

Diet, exercise, and a healthy weight are not the only markers for a healthy heart. Anyone ~ Even the most healthy and successful athletes, due to genetic factors may be at risk for transient ischemic attack, stroke, or myocardial infarction. Genetic predispositions are still factors that can lead to atherosclerosis (even if the person appears healthy), and even if they low LDL levels. Doctors have been using an enzyme called Lp-Pla2 (lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2) to measure the risk of someone suffering a heart attack, as Lp-Pla2 has been linked to unstable and rupture-prone plaque in the arteries.

Diet can no doubt help, certain supplements can be of even further benefit but if you're going to go out that way then often there's very little control you have over that.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Some good info in there

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Anyone ever used oat milk? I've kinda drifted onto it, just bought a few cases of the stuff and actually tastes really good with muesli, shakes etc etc.

Attachment 283377

I guess what I like about it is that it has zero cholesterol, zero saturated fat content and doesn't contain lactose. I can see myself mainly using this from now on

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

For anybody that drinks soda and fizzy drinks...

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday, 11:25 AM View Post
    Since I have implemented more RAW plant-based nutrition I have noticed that I think less about food as I feel now the cells of my body are getting the nutrients they are calling for. Some of the many benefits I have experienced so far are a better state of general and physical well-being, eating less, digestion improvements, less irritations and allergy’s to food, waking up fresh with less sleep and a lot more energy.
    Great to hear, that's what I'm talking about

MF,

You are a genius! what's your input of eating simple-carbohydrates before bed? Is the body burning or meaning you didn't eat throughout the day therefore you are suffering at night for it. Excess of fruits - good or bad? every once in awhile.

Also do you eat fruits like dried figs, etc.

Cheers

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    MF,

You are a genius! what's your input of eating simple-carbohydrates before bed? Is the body burning or meaning you didn't eat throughout the day therefore you are suffering at night for it. Excess of fruits - good or bad? every once in awhile.

Also do you eat fruits like dried figs, etc.

Cheers
    Thanks

My thoughts on eating simple carbohydrates before bed would steer in the direction of not to have them. Why? Simple carbohydrates are basically just sugars that are going to be quickly absorbed into the body. Any processed, refined, man-made food contains sugar. This tends to be in the form of things such as added sugar (glucose, sucralose, corn syrup, dextrose etc etc) which isn't a good thing. You'll get a nice fat spike in your blood sugar level and so your pancreas will blast out insulin in order to try and regulate your blood sugar levels. After this has all taken place, the insulin has met the sugar, they've had a few wines and a chat and gone home for the night then you get the dip in blood sugar level (3-4pm is a classic time for this to happen, cheesecake companies need to get something happening in this hour as they could make a real killing from grumpy, dopey and hungry women). Bear in mind that a well conditioned athlete technically should have enough stored glycogen to train for 3 hours in a fasted state !!

Fruits are a little different, as fruits contain different componenets that help to slow down the absorption of the sugars. Yes, absolutely fruit does contains sugar. BUT as you eat a piece of fruit and the fibre from the banana, fibre and pectin from the apple or whatever you are eating slows down the release rate of the sugars into your bloodstream. The other advantage with eating fruit that you don't have from eating the processed food (which incidentally may even contain the same/less amount of sugar than the fruit), is that the fruit comes complete with all of its' natural cofactors, minerals, antioxidants, vitamins and phytonutrients that are in their whole, complete form for your body to absorb.

It has been shown and proven (by a well respected Alzheimers study group in Europe using 193 healthy people ranging in age from 45 to 102), that people who eat a high intake of fruit have better cognitive and memory functioning than minimal fruit eaters because their blood contained higher antioxidant and phytonutrient plasma levels. Interesting part is that the groups that ate the HIGHEST intake of fruit also had the best blood glucose readings and the least chance of developing Onset or Type II Diabetes. Bet your last dollar if they switched the fruit out to cereal bars or another sugary energy food the results would not be the same.

If you're hungry before bed IMO you should emphasise protein; if you did want (or feel that you need) the carbs then go for complex carbs rather than simple carbs ~ things like nuts, seeds, legumes, oatmeal etc and ones with a low glycemic load.

Hope that all makes sense, cheers MF.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THE DETAILED RESPONSE YOU ROCK!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

No problems at all, anytime mate.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast