Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q&A with Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    I personally think that on a spiritual level your statement holds true.

From a scientific perspective it's my understanding that frequent, regular ejaculations are beneficial for testosterone production. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I don't think there are that many studies that have been done on what happens to testosterone levels after sexual activity? However it is widely accepted that sexual stimulus triggers a rise in serum testosterone in both men and women. Abstaining from sexual activity apparently has little effect on testosterone levels, although I would take a guess that long term abstinence would cause a decrease in total testosterone.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Cheers for that link.

Jim, I just read through the last few pages; great write ups. I will be trying your chia-blend soon.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Bro Scientist

Jimbo, I finally got around to going to my local vegan farmers market early in the morning so I got the best picks.

For $110 I got:
    Strawberries, Rasberries, Mangos, Lemons, Sweet potatoes, reg potatoes, goji berries, anasazi beans, avocados, 1 pound flaxseeds, 4oz wheat grass, 2 pounds Spirulina, tumeric powder, broccoli, carrots, mint tea, a big pineapple, peppers, bananas, 12oz honey unfiltered/raw, and some other random stuff I'm probably forgetting and it will last me at least a week, some stuff more.

Attachment 281369Attachment 281370Attachment 281371

This organic/natural thing isn't so hard and in the end, I ended up saving money bc there is no middle man. The guys at the "checkout" had calculators and gave deals on some of the stuff and worked for the local farm. I'm amazed at how good this food looks and I've already tried some of it and it's fucking amazing.

Question: I mixed the spirulina powder with water in my shaker and it went down fine but do you take yours at a certain time of the day or mix it with anything in particular?
    Any ideas on what to put this tumeric powder on?

Fight the good veggie fight against the evil sugar....

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Whoa man, look at that haul !!!! Glad you liked it, looks like they have some great stuff there! How much did you pay for the turmeric as typically that's usually pretty expensive? If you're taking spirulina separately to your protein shake I'd probably take it morning/lunch time so you get the energy benefits from it. Otherwise you can just throw a teaspoon straight into your protein shake, same for the turmeric. I run turmeric the same way as I would run an anti-inflammatory. The studies at ergo-log (see link below) regarding it being anti catabolic, possibly anabolic, and it's effects on ampk/glut4 activity seem promising.

http://www.ergo-log.com/turmericarchives.html

Bolsen ~ what did you think of the chia smoothie?

Canuckle ~ I'll address the Paleo clip and the 'diet' tomorrow, it was my daughters 6th Birthday yesterday so it's a busy weekend here. Thanks for posting it up JIM.

Whoa man, look at that haul !!!! Glad you liked it, looks like they have some great stuff there! How much did you pay for the turmeric as typically that's usually pretty expensive? If you're taking spirulina separately to your protein shake I'd probably take it morning/lunch time so you get the energy benefits from it. Otherwise you can just throw a teaspoon straight into your protein shake, same for the turmeric. I run turmeric the same way as I would run an anti-inflammatory. The studies at ergo-log (see link below) regarding it being anti catabolic, possibly anabolic, and it's effects on ampk/glut4 activity seem promising.

Canuckle ~ I'll address the Paleo clip and the 'diet' tomorrow, it was my daughters 6th Birthday yesterday so it's a busy weekend here. Thanks for posting it up JIM.
    Happy birthday to her! That's cool, my daughter turned six in March. It's a great age, young enough to still be super excited about little kid stuff, but old enough to actually talk to and reason with a bit. I like Clint Darden's stuff, he has some good vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontour View Post
    Jimbo, I finally got around to going to my local vegan farmers market early in the morning so I got the best picks.

For $110 I got:
    Strawberries, Rasberries, Mangos, Lemons, Sweet potatoes, reg potatoes, goji berries, anasazi beans, avocados, 1 pound flaxseeds, 4oz wheat grass, 2 pounds Spirulina, tumeric powder, broccoli, carrots, mint tea, a big pineapple, peppers, bananas, 12oz honey unfiltered/raw, and some other random stuff I'm probably forgetting and it will last me at least a week, some stuff more.

Attachment 281369Attachment 281370Attachment 281371

This organic/natural thing isn't so hard and in the end, I ended up saving money bc there is no middle man. The guys at the "checkout" had calculators and gave deals on some of the stuff and worked for the local farm. I'm amazed at how good this food looks and I've already tried some of it and it's fucking amazing.

Question: I mixed the spirulina powder with water in my shaker and it went down fine but do you take yours at a certain time of the day or mix it with anything in particular?
    Any ideas on what to put this tumeric powder on?
    I do like to buy organic stuff, but sometimes the cost is prohibitive... all that stuff you got would cost me $30 max at my local non-organic veggie store... H&W Produce FTW. I think only other Edmontonians would know what I'm talking about though. H&W stores sell veg for cheap, huge selection, you just have to fight your way through the crowds of south asians and east indians, lol. Popular because they have a large variety of 'ethnic' veg as well.

Bro Scientist

4oz Turmeric organic=$3.50

And thanks for the other info man. You rock MF!
    Last edited by Kontour; June 16th, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    I do like to buy organic stuff, but sometimes the cost is prohibitive... all that stuff you got would cost me $30 max at my local non-organic veggie store... H&W Produce FTW. I think only other Edmontonians would know what I'm talking about though. H&W stores sell veg for cheap, huge selection, you just have to fight your way through the crowds of south asians and east indians, lol. Popular because they have a large variety of 'ethnic' veg as well.
    2 pounds of Spirulina anywhere costs more than $30 man. So that can't be true. Trust me, what I got is not as expensive as you think.

2 pounds of Spirulina anywhere costs more than $30 man. So that can't be true. Trust me, what I got is not as expensive as you think.
    Spirulina- about $10-15/pound or so at the bulk store... no I didn't notice that you got that much. I do know that some places charge ridiculous amounts for it, like $50/lb. But hey, I guess if people are willing to pay it, why not sell it for as much as you can get. Supply and demand and all that shiz.

Bro Scientist

Spirulina- about $10-15/pound or so at the bulk store... no I didn't notice that you got that much. I do know that some places charge ridiculous amounts for it, like $50/lb. But hey, I guess if people are willing to pay it, why not sell it for as much as you can get. Supply and demand and all that shiz.
    Yeah. No doubt I spent more than at costco or something. But I'm supporting local farmers and getting great quality and it's not that bad man. I also got some dried Goji Berries and Jack fruit and guineps which they don't have at any stores around there that I have found. In the end, you are right, we all gotta watch our budget and pick and choose when to buy the higher quality food. Organic chicken and meat is outrageous.

Yeah. No doubt I spent more than at costco or something. But I'm supporting local farmers and getting great quality and it's not that bad man. I also got some dried Goji Berries and Jack fruit and guineps which they don't have at any stores around there that I have found. In the end, you are right, we all gotta watch our budget and pick and choose when to buy the higher quality food. Organic chicken and meat is outrageous.
    Organic and free range meat here is pretty decently priced, but only if you buy like half a pig or cow at a time. Things like bison and wild meat (deer, moose, fish also) are easier to get/cheaper here than in US cities.

Bro Scientist

Organic and free range meat here is pretty decently priced, but only if you buy like half a pig or cow at a time. Things like bison and wild meat (deer, moose, fish also) are easier to get/cheaper here than in US cities.
    I've NEVER seen Bison, deer, moose, elk or any of that at a store here. I'm sure I could find a store somewhere in Florida but who knows what it would cost. That kind of wild meat would probably taste so good. I had Elk in Colorado once and it was phenomenal.

I've NEVER seen Bison, deer, moose, elk or any of that at a store here. I'm sure I could find a store somewhere in Florida but who knows what it would cost. That kind of wild meat would probably taste so good. I had Elk in Colorado once and it was phenomenal.
    You can get farmed (free range, grass fed) bison, and elk from some stores, deer and moose are easy to get here because there are lots of hunters/wildlife and it's less densely populated. Fish, well, there are 31752 lakes larger than three square kilometres in Canada, 561 larger than 100 square kilometres. Literally countless smaller lakes. If you like fishing, Canada is a good place to be.

You can also get grass fed beefalo here...

beefalo.JPG

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Fight the good veggie fight against the evil sugar....
    If anyone wants to try Stevia for the first time but not sure about buying a whole pack/bottle etc, send me a PM with your address. I am more than happy to post some out to you free of charge, I have already done this for a number of guys on here and it's not a problem at all for me to do that. Cheers

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast