Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Q&A with Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by frankdaddy View Post
    I am at work right now but yes I can find some clinical studies I do believe I have some saved.
    BUMP

hello my man..have you got any experience with bodybuilders with non alchocholic fatty liver? i dont know how high i can go on fats on a bodybuilding mass diet..im 200 pounds now about v10% bodyfat trying to gain as much fat free mass as possible..i have a clean bill of health according to my recent bllodwork expect the fattty liver condition that i have to watch closelly..

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    hello my man..have you got any experience with bodybuilders with non alchocholic fatty liver? i dont know how high i can go on fats on a bodybuilding mass diet..im 200 pounds now about v10% bodyfat trying to gain as much fat free mass as possible..i have a clean bill of health according to my recent bllodwork expect the fattty liver condition that i have to watch closelly..
    Hi Bill,
    Do you know what your ALT/AST values were at? I would look to start taking some herbs which are going to benefit the liver and have a cleansing/cleaning effect on both the liver and your blood. Silymarin/Silybum Marianum (aka Milk Thistle) is the most well known one and a good place to start; it helps by preventing the uptake of toxins into the liver cells as well as aiding with the regeneration of new liver cells, which is exactly what you want to be happening. Look for one that is a good strength, either 12-15g OR up to 1g if it's as a raw powder that provides a high total content of flavanoids (80% is probably the minimum you would want).

If the product is a complex (contains more than one ingredient) then other good ones would be:

Dandelion: Contains sesquiterpene lactones plus other phytochemicals that stimulate bile flow, digestion and gall bladder function
    Schizandra and/or burdock: Both of these contain lignans with antioxidant properties that can reduce damage to the liver
    Taurine: This amino forms part of the bile salts produced in the liver that help with digestion of fats. Can form complexes with toxic compounds which can help reduce tissue damage
    Vitamin C: Often overlooked as an antioxidant for healthy liver function

Hope some of that helps, thanks MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Hi Bill,
    Do you know what your ALT/AST values were at? I would look to start taking some herbs which are going to benefit the liver and have a cleansing/cleaning effect on both the liver and your blood. Silymarin/Silybum Marianum (aka Milk Thistle) is the most well known one and a good place to start; it helps by preventing the uptake of toxins into the liver cells as well as aiding with the regeneration of new liver cells, which is exactly what you want to be happening. Look for one that is a good strength, either 12-15g OR up to 1g if it's as a raw powder that provides a high total content of flavanoids (80% is probably the minimum you would want).

If the product is a complex (contains more than one ingredient) then other good ones would be:

Dandelion: Contains sesquiterpene lactones plus other phytochemicals that stimulate bile flow, digestion and gall bladder function
    Schizandra and/or burdock: Both of these contain lignans with antioxidant properties that can reduce damage to the liver
    Taurine: This amino forms part of the bile salts produced in the liver that help with digestion of fats. Can form complexes with toxic compounds which can help reduce tissue damage
    Vitamin C: Often overlooked as an antioxidant for healthy liver function

Hope some of that helps, thanks MF.
    thanks.. my liver values were at 100 + range..i investigate it further with a sonograph and the doc saw that the fatt accumulation...since than i load up on the sups you mention and i was able to reduce it allmost at zero....i dont know how much high i can go on fats on my bodyduilding diet..trying to gain mass now and the maxx i consume daily is 100 gr. healthy fats of cource..have you got any info on that..how high i can go safely..?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Congrats on getting your liver values back down Bill, nice to hear that. Which product(s) did you use to achieve that?

Like you said, you just need to put the emphasis on getting your fats from healthy sources. Eat processed foods as minimally as possible, keep your water, fruit and vegetable intake high and take a good Omega 3 oil if you aren't already. Fats from food... well I'd be looking at things like raw nuts and seeds, fish, black olives, avocados etc. Coconut oil is also a good choice despite it's high saturated fat content; it is very easily utilised by the body and excellent for heart health.

Congrats on getting your liver values back down Bill, nice to hear that. Which product(s) did you use to achieve that?

Like you said, you just need to put the emphasis on getting your fats from healthy sources. Eat processed foods as minimally as possible, keep your water, fruit and vegetable intake high and take a good Omega 3 oil if you aren't already. Fats from food... well I'd be looking at things like raw nuts and seeds, fish, black olives, avocados etc. Coconut oil is also a good choice despite it's high saturated fat content; it is very easily utilised by the body and excellent for heart health.
    i took sylimarin from NOW foods and a product for liver regeneration with various ingredients for liver health from the same company..i dont remember the name now...choline"+inositol, liv-52, 30-45 gr fish oil daily.cyctone, l-carnitine ,vit e vit d , prety much that for a year now plus every day cardio and 5 wheight training sessions..my last sonograph past octomber revealed almost zero fatty accumulation..trying to keep that way..
    i wrote my diet a few posts back..im still trying to figure how high i can co safely on healthy fats of cource..can you give me a number? 100? 150?200?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    i wrote my diet a few posts back..im still trying to figure how high i can co safely on healthy fats of cource..can you give me a number? 100? 150?200?
    I didn't see your diet, can you repost it?

Working from a basic 2,000cal per day, I would be looking at around 400-500 cals of that coming from healthy fats. This works out at 44-55g fat and would comprise around 25% of your total daily calories. I personally wouldn't really go above 80g if you are prone to developing non-alcoholic fatty liver.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Also Bill, do you use TRT/AAS or on any medications at all? If so they can often have a big effect on liver values, lipids, BP etc.

As I mentioned before, get stuck into the coconut oil. Choose a virgin cold pressed type, organic if possible.

Also Bill, do you use TRT/AAS or on any medications at all? If so they can often have a big effect on liver values, lipids, BP etc.

As I mentioned before, get stuck into the coconut oil. Choose a virgin cold pressed type, organic if possible.
    my current macros are 350-400 pr 80-100 healthy fats as i mentioned and cycle the carbs through the week from 100-400 with one day preety high ( like 800-1000 clean carbs..my cheat day..) main goal to gain fat free mass of cource.. im on TRT at 80 mg weekly and 50 mcg T4 due to a slight yupothroid from an endo..200 pounds right now at 5.10 and 10 % bodyfat..i did a 14 week cycle of 500 mg test which i finished yesterday..i plan to cruise on my trt dose until april where im planning to diet on 500 mg test also..i think the higher i should go on test is maybe 750 mg and thats it.. only test no other compound..

my cals range from 3000-4300 plus my cheat day which are around 6000. i have found to have 2800 cals for maintenance..i have also 5 weekly wheight training sesions plus every day cardio, hiit and liss 30-45 min

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

On your high carb day (800-1,000g) personally I would probably lower that a little, and I would look at bringing the fat down to 80g or less a day. I'd also question the 6,000cal cheat day, just seems to me like your calories will be negating the daily cardio you are doing. Your calories in general seem quite high for an older man whose metabolism is naturally going to be slightly slower, even more so taking into account your slight thyroid issue.

Other than that keep up the good work, what I have said are merely suggestions Bill. Good luck with your training and goals

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by petter View Post
    In terms of taking omega 3 supps, how does cod liver oil play into this? I’ve heard things from both sides of the fence, with some saying it’s a cheap way to get your Omega-3 if you can stand the taste, and others saying it’s nothing like taking Omega-3 capsules.
    Cod liver oil is actually pretty low in omega 3 content, so it wouldn’t be a suitable option to use as a source omega 3 source. It’s primarily comprised of Vitamin A & D. It’s the DHA and EPA content of omega 3 that you are after, and simply put the cod liver oil does not contain them in any significant amounts.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213