Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any Newbie's with questions?

Default Any Newbie's with questions?

Are there any new people to the board or bodybuilding out there that have any questions? Throw it out there and I will try to give you my 2 cents?

www.championphysiques.com
    Contest Coach = Myself Youtube EZBODYBUILDING

Nobody

Are there any blood pressure meds that will effect an AAS cycle?

I am a natty competitor. I think the chemical enhancement section will be a good place to check.
    Sorry I couldn't answer

Nobody

Hi Matt, I'll try keep this as short as possible. I'm 28 and use to weightlift 10 years ago, and am having problems trying to jump back in. I also went from a trades occupation to one in the IT field where I sit on my ass for hours a day, needless to say, I'm pretty out of shape. I'm still in the soreness stage, but I find that after about 3 sets of an exercise, my body cramps up pretty easy sometimes even during the exercise itself and at that point I'm almost done. I'm only lifting about 50% of my 1RM so I don't think I'm going to heavy. You got any tips on how I can ease though this phase of excruciating soreness relatively unharmed? And is there anything I can do to minimize the cramping(mainly happens in my hams)?

Quote Originally Posted by razixx View Post
    Hi Matt, I'll try keep this as short as possible. I'm 28 and use to weightlift 10 years ago, and am having problems trying to jump back in. I also went from a trades occupation to one in the IT field where I sit on my ass for hours a day, needless to say, I'm pretty out of shape. I'm still in the soreness stage, but I find that after about 3 sets of an exercise, my body cramps up pretty easy sometimes even during the exercise itself and at that point I'm almost done. I'm only lifting about 50% of my 1RM so I don't think I'm going to heavy. You got any tips on how I can ease though this phase of excruciating soreness relatively unharmed? And is there anything I can do to minimize the cramping(mainly happens in my hams)?
    Hey raz here are my thoughts. First if you are at 50% of 1RM then you should be fine with that, but I would still work yourself in slowly, because if you are still going to failure, then you are pushing pretty hard. I wouldn't push to failure. Also, take it easy on the number of sets. If you are doing like 9 for chest, why not reduce it to like 4 or 5. I think a major issue might be water intake. I know it is a pain, but you have to drink that water and flush the by products out.
    A little something I advise people to do too is 2 days after lets say a chest workout, do about 3 really easy sets of about 12 to 15 reps just to get some blood in the area.

Just some thoughts. Lets me know what you think.

Nobody

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here! I've been going to the gym for a year now but am now starting to take my diet and training seriously. @BigJoeRobson on Twitter suggested I join the MD forums, so here I am! (thanks Joe)

I have a diet plan sorted, but need to get a new training plan. I'm looking for advice on building a good plan, one that will challenge me but not be too advanced for me.

Thanks

Gavin

Hey Matt,

I used to casually lift weights when I was younger but now I want to get serious about it. This year i've lifted on and off a coupla times but im having trouble finding the motivation to stick with it. I wonder what kinda things i should/shouldnt be eating, how alcohol/beer affect progress, and should I try to incorporate bicycling into my workouts. Been searching the net for a few beginners workout plans and I i think i'm going to try one of the 4-day. Then work my self up to 7 days. I drink and party alot and I tend to eat out alot so what should i be eating?

matt ,hope you are alive and well. I was wondering about how to find the right partner who has the same mind as mine- I am working my way to enter the contest soon next year and would love to get motivated and get a great workout from a new friend and am aiming the body that I definitely want to achieve. I also want to look my best when I get on the stage. any ideas what I need to do? I don't like to do it alone. I know I am too picky who I want to workout with. lol.

I just joined this forum, and I have a couple of questions? Are the moderators as strict as on bodybuilding.com, where I got IP banned? How long before I can create threads? Inb4 wouldbanusername/10......