Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do You Train Arms On a Separate Day?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 64.66%
  • No

47 35.34%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arm Day: Yes or No

i don't do arms day anymore. i hit triceps though when doing push exercises. biceps, barely to nil.
    "you won't win whining all the time" - A.B. Flores

Quote Originally Posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
    I was curious to hear everyone's opinion on having a separate day for arm training. I'm still on the fence about it so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you asking if we train biceps and triceps on a different day? Like they are too demanding to train on the same day? Lol
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    Are you asking if we train biceps and triceps on a different day? Like they are too demanding to train on the same day? Lol
    No.... I'm asking if you train arms on a separate day.
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

No.

I do arms three days a week after a main bodypart rotation of chest, shoulders, back, legs, repeat.

Everything rotates because I work out 5 days per week. For some reason doing arms on their own day once a week never worked for me, I have seen a night and day difference with the aforementioned.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post

No.

I do arms three days a week after a main bodypart rotation of chest, shoulders, back, legs, repeat.

Everything rotates because I work out 5 days per week. For some reason doing arms on their own day once a week never worked for me, I have seen a night and day difference with the aforementioned.
    x2.

I actually think my arms were weak and small because I gave them their own day once a week, that method never worked for me either.
    Now I train them in a similar way as this quoted post, but only twice a week, after chest/back one day and after shoulders the second day.
    What is important in my opinion is not separating biceps from triceps too. I train them after a major bodypart/bodyparts, but always do them together as supersets. As another poster pointed out, the pump is important for arms.

Arm day alone never worked for me very well... A little bit more often is better. I did try arms after every bodypart a while, but i seems like chest plus arms, followed by back the next day, affected the back workout too much.
    my favorite spilt, which can easily have me training 14days in a row without breaks due to no overlapping is
    chest/tris ,back/bis, shoulders/tris,legs/bis....etc. Insert rest when needed...

But splitting like above poster, chest/arms, shoulders, back/arms, legs could work .... Execept my shoulders cannot take a beating two days in a row very well... But a rest day after chest/arms, and back/arms might

Quote Originally Posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
    No.... I'm asking if you train arms on a separate day.
    Separate from?...
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

I can tell you that I have tried every different way of splitting up arms: tris after chest, tris after back, bis after chest, bis after back, bis and tris separate, but on the same day, and supersetting bis and tris. I gained an inch in one month by supersetting bis and tris (arms are one of my most stubborn parts) and I still make progress on my arms each month. I take a normal amount of rest between sets so that I can go as heavy as possible, and man does it work. When I say supersetting I don't do it in the traditional sense of rush back and forth between exercises. All that does is leave me winded

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    In my experience arms grow from pumps more so then other bodyparts, and the only way I can get a crazy pump is to do bi's/tri's together. I am rather gifted in arm size genetically so I ditched the arm day and just did chest/bi's and shoulders/tri's for about a year thinking it wouldn't matter and I felt like my arms no longer were a strong point. So I went back and good things happened
    LOL, arms grow from progressive tension overload, not a 'pump'

Quote Originally Posted by kentykentkent View Post
    LOL, arms grow from progressive tension overload, not a 'pump'
    Pumps are a sign of solid hydration and nutrition, obviously a key to growth. So yes they do grow from the pump=)
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    Pumps are a sign of solid hydration and nutrition, obviously a key to growth. So yes they do grow from the pump=)
    I would say they're more of a sign that you are targeting a specific muscle more so than anything else, if you progressive overload the pumped muscle, along with proper nutrition, then yes it will grow :0

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

Big fan of Arm Day.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Nobody

I train bi's and tri's with medial delts. I superset overhead presses with a curl, upright rows with a tricep extension, and finish all 3 individually. This setup avoids training the triceps three times in one week, which is what you would be doing if you trained chest, medial delts and tris on different days.

TigerStealth

well i went back to having just an arms day a month ago and already have seen some increased size, definition and strength in my arms. I do not think it is necessary for everyone, but i do think it helps if you want to bring up your arms

I wish i knew the answer. My arms suck ass and i have tried it all, all I can think of anyway.

But, I train them together, becuase when my entire arms is pumped, it looks kinda big for about 45 minutes. Better than it never being big i guess. And i have my touch up days, if they are recovered.

So frustrating.
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    I can tell you that I have tried every different way of splitting up arms: tris after chest, tris after back, bis after chest, bis after back, bis and tris separate, but on the same day, and supersetting bis and tris. I gained an inch in one month by supersetting bis and tris (arms are one of my most stubborn parts) and I still make progress on my arms each month. I take a normal amount of rest between sets so that I can go as heavy as possible, and man does it work. When I say supersetting I don't do it in the traditional sense of rush back and forth between exercises. All that does is leave me winded
    maybe i need to go heavier? I dunno i have tried that but then i get a shitty contraction.
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

No. I don't have a seperate arm day

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast