Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do You Train Arms On a Separate Day?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 64.66%
  • No

47 35.34%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arm Day: Yes or No

Default Arm Day: Yes or No

I was curious to hear everyone's opinion on having a separate day for arm training. I'm still on the fence about it so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Arms on a seperate day is good. Thats what I do now. Allows you to hit them hard and fresh. In my case I usually did triceps first since they are much smaller then my biceps. Or I would alternate exercises. A bicep exercise supersetted with a tricep exercise to keep the arms fully pumped. Ive blasted the fuck out of my triceps so its most likely just my structure at this point. My arms would fluctuate between 18 1/4 to 19 throughout the year depending on injuries and food intake. They are back to 19 now, but for some reason they have never gone past that mark. That may happen this year, but I will definately continue to give them thier own day to make the most out of those sessions. I space my arms day so that it is not before back training, or before chest training. Since biceps and triceps are heavily used in back and chest training

KILLLL THAT SHIT

Yea def man, I've always wanted to bring my arms up. I saw toney freeman at a local show, I'm 6'2 as is he. So I was asking how he brought his arms up. He told me to train them together and don't worry about the weight really go for as good a contraction as possible, it's worked wonders. Also I've been following some of John meadows workouts, he's all about the pump on arms, I think it was John who said to grip the bar as tight as possible is every exercise you do also. It works man try it. I get a good pump and do the compound movements towards the end of my workout, and don't forget to squeeze the hell out of the bar. You won't be disappointed.

If I were to do arms followed by a day off then chest or back would that be okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

no, because biceps get hit twice and triceps get hit 3 times "arms, chest, shoulders".
    I like doing them separate but it gives me bad elbow pain and lower bicep pain.
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

Quote Originally Posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
    If I were to do arms followed by a day off then chest or back would that be okay?
    All depends how hard you hit it and your recovery ability. It may vary weekly. usually a day or two off between is fine for me though. I just wont hit arms the day before chest or back. In the past when my recovery was better, with less injuries it wasnt as much an issue

if arms were a strong body part and they grew easy i would just train them after chest and shoulders (too spent after back) but since they are not i think a day for arms is important just to be able to do more volume and to have more energy and strength

sammysosa20

if your arms are a weak point then hittin bi's and tri's together is a better idea

Quote Originally Posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
    I wold do chest/back, then take a day (or two) off before hitting arms by themselves.
    Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

i always hit bi's / tri's in their own workout.. after i have done chest and back

I'd prefer to use that extra day to hit my hams and calves, but saying that it depends what your strengths and weaknesses are, if youre arms need bringing up then would make sense to give them their own day.

Yup.. but I also do touch up for the triceps on chest day!

Freak of Nature

of course because for that 1 hour at the gym I actually look like I have big arms. Unless you got super arm genetics then having an arm day is probably a good thing.

In my experience arms grow from pumps more so then other bodyparts, and the only way I can get a crazy pump is to do bi's/tri's together. I am rather gifted in arm size genetically so I ditched the arm day and just did chest/bi's and shoulders/tri's for about a year thinking it wouldn't matter and I felt like my arms no longer were a strong point. So I went back and good things happened

Hell if I know....

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    Hell if I know....
    stay humble my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Yup.. but I also do touch up for the triceps on chest day!
    This and touch up bi's on back day.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast