Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: "It works for me"

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Because of the type of training they do.
    But with that knowledge, shouldn't they have a better, thicker, more muscular physique than someone who trains lighter or can't pull that heavy?

And you seem to have missed the fact that I'm not talking about singles and reps sub 5.

I'm talking getting strong enough to handle heavy ass weight through a medium rep range with the BASICS. Him starting on a fucking machine weighing 157 pounds just shows how his cute little studies don't matter in the real world. The only people who sit there and quote study after study are the ones who won't ever weigh more than 200 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    But with that knowledge, shouldn't they have a better, thicker, more muscular physique than someone who trains lighter or can't pull that heavy?
    No, the word "strength" is relative. Being strong as a powerlifter may mean being able to deadlift 600 pounds for one or 500 for a triple. Where as being a bodybuilder strength lies more in being able to get 495 for 10 and then go back and do it again in 3 minutes.

There is not a 'better' physique type related to a power lifting physique vs bodybuilding physique.
    Power lifters are usually not concerned with the goal of a bodybuilding physique appearance.
    The goals of the training types are different.
    Differences in appearances are the results of the different training types and the diets vary as well.

I am lost here. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2020 View Post
    I am lost here. Lol.
    Lots of little skinny bitches in a "my dick is bigger" contest because they feel like their knowledge is more superior than bigger/stronger guys.

Dude said "experience has no value."

Fool.
    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Quote Originally Posted by CHOSEN01 View Post
    And you seem to have missed the fact that I'm not talking about singles and reps sub 5.

I'm talking getting strong enough to handle heavy ass weight through a medium rep range with the BASICS. Him starting on a fucking machine weighing 157 pounds just shows how his cute little studies don't matter in the real world. The only people who sit there and quote study after study are the ones who won't ever weigh more than 200 pounds.

This!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

The argument may as well be, "It doesn't matter what works in the real world, only on paper and in studies." F that, I only care about what WORKS.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Beach Body

I'm gonna make a video and it's going to say is lift heavy shit off the ground, eat when you're hungry, and take drugs. Welcome to bodybuilding.
    AMEN BROTHERRRRRRRR! Eat, lift, sleep, inject, and kill all competition

Quote Originally Posted by fro88 View Post
    AMEN BROTHERRRRRRRR! Eat, lift, sleep, inject, and kill all competition
    WTF do you know about injecting? You're like 18.

Glad to see some actual experienced knowledge starting to permeat this thread.

Kid's clueless. Regurgitating stuff out of Muscle&Fitness, Flex and MD doesn't make you a fitness guru. Next!!

I have no idea how I managed to go starting in 1974 from 174 lbs to 250+ lbs and able to squat 500 lbs in 10 years as a natural without these gurus posting youtube bodybuilding theory videos on the internet to show me how to do it.

Thank god for the internet.
    I am certain that the percentage of trainers weighing 250+ able to squat 500 as a natural is much higher now than it was back then due to modern you tube internet bodybuilding gurus.
    Last edited by Daibhí O'Buadain; July 22nd, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

all the past greats like arnold franco pearl olivia zane and lou were constantly reading scientific studies about what to eat and how to do exercises properly and in what rep range to build their legendary physiques ha give me break. they and many others have built great physiques by going into the gym and lifting heavy ass shit for 8-10 reps then putting that down and doing it again until they cant anymore then going home and eating some chicken and rice plain and simple. all the people that are constantly talking about studies and science need to do less time reading and learning from studies and get to the gym and just do and LEARN FROM EXPERIENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Glad to see some actual experienced knowledge starting to permeat this thread.
    permeate
    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

I like how he bashed keto and then turned right around and said Lyle Mcdonald is an expert.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast