Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "It works for me"

lol "fighting theists"
    I'm part philosophy major and I know loads of guys in my program like this kid who think everything HAS to be black and white, and the world beyond themselves is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontour View Post
    If this kid was on radio (and you couldn't see him), many more people wouldn't have a problem with it. He has some good points. People get big using drugs and say "it works for me." But they don't know, and we will never know, whether during that exact same frame what would have happened if he trained differently or got more sleep or used full range of motion, etc. Drugs make everything complicated. It would be and is much, much easier to talk about building muscle in human beings who are not taking any extra hormones. Then science pretty much makes sense, but when different types, amounts, purities of drugs come into play, it ends up being a complicated mess. We don't know what Jason Huh would look like if he never started using short range of motion, same with Max Charles. We do know they are huge, but they have done many things to be huge besides using a specific range of motion and that is what this kid seems to be saying, which isn't crazy or stupid at all.
    This article is much better at providing a very similar message/idea: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ig_through_tut
    STFU you stringy, no leg having twerp.

I trained from age 14 to 35ish drug free, and usually smoked everyone around me. I had a natural propencity to add muscle as did my older brother. That all said, the rule still applies. Drugs have nothing to do with it. Do all fully natural athletes grow and look the same? NO. Each human creature is an individual machine with GENERAL needs that need to be tweaked on a specific PERSONAL level. (what works for me, may NOT work for you...)

Fact:

We know smoking and alcohol cause health issues, yet, some people tolerate it better than others. The same principles apply to training and almost everything else in life. Even gear usage. One guy could pump 3grams of gear a week and have mildly elevated profiles, while another guy could just look at a bottle of test and suffer a heart attack. Even the best of gurus take a template and tailor it to each client cause eveyone is different. What works for one client may or may not work for another or may work even better!

Who cares if we/they know what works at what specific time? Our bodies and circumstances are always changing. Imagine if humans had a survival guide from prehistoric times till now and it was never updated, edited and adhered to rigidly despite differing situations and circumstances? The human race would have been dead a long time ago.

Humans are dynamic and adaptable creatures. In order to maximize our success of survival, we are ALWAYS changing and adapting to our specific needs. Or in other words: What works for me (which in itself is a dynamic and fluid statement allowing for change, growth, adaptation of what works and discarding what doesnt).

This kid is over analyzing shit and trying to sound intelligent to idiot sponges sitting behind their monitors willing to absorb the nonsense he spews out.

If his ideas are so sound, why does he look like I did when I was in 8th grade?

He talked like a young Mike Mentzer minus the 18" arms and nasal voice. Forget what he looks like- listen to his points. Pretty impressive for a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by intenceman View Post
    He talked like a young Mike Mentzer minus the 18" arms and nasal voice. Forget what he looks like- listen to his points. Pretty impressive for a kid.
    Talk is cheap. He needs to apply all his talking to his physique. Mike Mentzer had no issues backing up his ideas with a brick house physique.

I can't believe I watched two minutes of this vid. I need to slap my damn self for wasting two minutes of my life.

Kid is so empty its insane. His Phil Heath example at the end is the end all...

Why does Phil have to know the inctricate details of physiology? If he was a medical professional, then fine.

He is a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is SELF mastery. Phil only needs to know what works for Phil and then continually strive to maximize that.

Drugs or no, Phil still has to find, discover and apply what works for him.

Regardless of science fact, the individual human equation cannot be discounted and has to be applied.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    STFU you stringy, no leg having twerp.

I trained from age 14 to 35ish drug free, and usually smoked everyone around me. I had a natural propencity to add muscle as did my older brother. That all said, the rule still applies. Drugs have nothing to do with it. Do all fully natural athletes grow and look the same? NO. Each human creature is an individual machine with GENERAL needs that need to be tweaked on a specific PERSONAL level. (what works for me, may NOT work for you...)

Fact:

We know smoking and alcohol cause health issues, yet, some people tolerate it better than others. The same principles apply to training and almost everything else in life. Even gear usage. One guy could pump 3grams of gear a week and have mildly elevated profiles, while another guy could just look at a bottle of test and suffer a heart attack. Even the best of gurus take a template and tailor it to each client cause eveyone is different. What works for one client may or may not work for another or may work even better!

Who cares if we/they know what works at what specific time? Our bodies and circumstances are always changing. Imagine if humans had a survival guide from prehistoric times till now and it was never updated, edited and adhered to rigidly despite differing situations and circumstances? The human race would have been dead a long time ago.

Humans are dynamic and adaptable creatures. In order to maximize our success of survival, we are ALWAYS changing and adapting to our specific needs. Or in other words: What works for me (which in itself is a dynamic and fluid statement allowing for change, growth, adaptation of what works and discarding what doesnt).

This kid is over analyzing shit and trying to sound intelligent to idiot sponges sitting behind their monitors willing to absorb the nonsense he spews out.

If his ideas are so sound, why does he look like I did when I was in 8th grade?
    Do you think everything Phil Heath has done to get to where he is at was the most optimal way to get there? How about other top bodybuilders? What worked for them was the only thing that could have worked? So when pros who have trained for many years eventually partner up with a knowledgable "guru" or a guy like JM and completely come in different, that has to do with self mastery? Just srs questions.
    Last edited by Kontour; July 20th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Bro Scientist

lol
    Last edited by Kontour; July 20th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

LOL

This guy insults Top pros by saying they mindlessly do things that work....and people listen to him. LMFAO

Do you think everything Phil Heath has done to get to where he is at was the most optimal way to get there? How about other top bodybuilders? What worked for them was the only thing that could have worked? So when pros who have trained for many years eventually partner up with a knowledgable "guru" or a guy like JM and completely come in different, that has to do with self mastery? Just srs questions.
    Sure, because what I stated before, a guru still has to apply their knowledge tailored to that specific individual. The guru helps the individual understand themselves better and improve their self mastery.

Take your line of questioning further. The guru works with Phil and helps him improve by leaps and bounds. Does that guru then take what just improved Phil and apply it to all his clients, or was what he did tailored on Phils pysiology to make Phil the best Phil possible?

Just because someone says "it works for me" does not automatically negate anything else from possbily working or that its even the best possible result. Thats not what the saying means.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by eroc613 View Post
    This guy insults Top pros by saying they mindlessly do things that work....and people listen to him. LMFAO
    I think this entire vid is not about Top pros. He uses shitty analogies and that's why everyone is so upset. The thing is (and many intelligent guys/top bodybuilders have said similar notions) that top pros don't have to listen or read science and follow strict guidelines about mTor, range of motions, muscle fiber types, etc because they are blessed with some of the best genetics and drug responses than the rest of the billions of people in the world. They also train hard and take good drugs and eat a shit load of food, many people don't do those things. For the many people who do the same as pros but look shitty, this video is for them. Just my 2 cents. He made a few points that are hard to argue with. Sleeping for 4 hours would not help most of us here get bigger. That is Phil Heath, we shouldn't mimic what that mutant can do to get huge.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Sure, because what I stated before, a guru still has to apply their knowledge tailored to that specific individual. The guru helps the individual understand themselves better.

Take you line of questioning further. The guru works with Phil and helps him improve by leaps and bounds. Does that guru then take what just improved Phi and apply it to all his clients, or was what he did tailored on Phil pysiology to make Phil the best Phil possible.

Just because someone says "it works for me" does not automatically negate anything else from possbily working or that its even the best possible result. Thats not what the saying means.
    Both. But the extremes like the Levrone taking off 6 months or Phil sleeping 4 hours are NOT things that a guru would tell a natty or amateur to do in order to improve. That's what I tried to fucking say before you attacked me for missing limbs. I do have legs, they take me everywhere.

I think this entire vid is not about Top pros. He uses shitty analogies and that's why everyone is so upset. The thing is (and many intelligent guys/top bodybuilders have said similar notions) that top pros don't have to listen or read science and follow strict guidelines about mTor, range of motions, muscle fiber types, etc because they are blessed with some of the best genetics and drug responses than the rest of the billions of people in the world. They also train hard and take good drugs and eat a shit load of food, many people don't do those things. For the many people who do the same as pros but look shitty, this video is for them. Just my 2 cents. He made a few points that are hard to argue with. Sleeping for 4 hours would not help most of us here get bigger. That is Phil Heath, we shouldn't mimic what that mutant can do to get huge.
    Well here is your fucking problem right here, for you and anyone else who does this.

Dont do what the pros do. DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!! OMG!!!!!

The saying "It works for me" Means just that. It means this is what I do. YOur results may vary.

JESUS CHRIST.... YOu skinny intellectual "gym nerds" are making this shit WAAAY more difficult than it needs to be...

He is a pompous idiot about certain things, but his nutritional/supplement knowledge is top notch. The training videos are good in terms of learning the biomechanics and idea behind certain exercises, however you're definitely not going to get big lifting the way he does, unless you've got unreal genetics.

Lettuce be reality, you can learn a lot more from Ian than you can from your average IFBB pro who have a very basic understanding in those subjects.

Both. But the extremes like the Levrone taking off 6 months or Phil sleeping 4 hours are NOT things that a guru would tell a natty or amateur to do in order to improve. That's what I tried to fucking say before you attacked me for missing limbs. I do have legs, they take me everywhere.
    Dude. Just be quiet. The first thing any pro (decent, honest) will tell you is train hard, learn your body and adjust your training accordingly. In other words, what works for you.

I have had advice from trainers and gurus and some of their most clinical information DID NOT APPLY TO ME. So, after a few weeks they had to adjust their programs to my specific physiology and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post
    Lettuce be reality, you can learn a lot more from Ian than you can from your average IFBB pro who have a very basic understanding in those subjects.
    Sure. Cause pros are pros for a reason. They didnt have to fiddle faddle with all the small shit like most peons.

Matter of fact, Im done, cause whatever bullshit hes selling or promoting, my physique was past in 10th grade...

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast