Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "It works for me"

Quote Originally Posted by bantamweightchamp2012 View Post
    I respect your post...but the problem is bodybuilding doesn't seem to want to learn and progress in terms of reciprocation ...if we collectively want to improve bodybuilding...for example...why hasn't bodybuilding improved over the last thirty years in terms of morale and community/public value ?
    Bodybuilding is what it is. It's a niche sport (let's not get into the argument of sport or not). It always will be. IMO there is nothing wrong with that. We all have reasons why we are drawn to it, and there will always be people who are. I don't think that there is anything you can do to make it generally accepted and popular with everyone. Even all of the guys who outcry and proclaim that they'll never watch another show because so and so got screwed. They are all still here.
    Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BB.com twinks.
    EARTHQUAKE WEATHER FOREVER!

He's just passing info and knowledge he has read up on and trained a little here and there... nothing serious anyways.. it's like in any sport, the coaches, mgrs, etc., etc... They were never any good at their craft, nor excelled at the highest level, but were able to teach it, communicate it to others..

That's it in a nutshell..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Some of you guys crack me up. Just because someone doesn't have a great physique it doesn't mean that they're not full of useful knowledge. Ian is a pretty sharp dude for his age. Does he know everything? No he doesn't. However, what he says and claims is backed by science and fact and not backed by what the big guy at the gym said (and he has to be right because he's swole and ripped). The truth is the best coaches and or teachers are seldom the people who were the best athletes and or had the best physiques. Those people usually had to fight tooth and nail to make progress so they know what works and actually produces results. There are quite a few good prep coaches out there without good physiques (plenty right here on this sight) who are pretty knowledgeable and get their clients shredded. Sure it helps when a guy has a lot of experience in what he preaches, but Ian lives to learn and spends A TON of time researching and speaking with some very experienced and very well educated people who know their stuff.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by zzmacman View Post
    Some of you guys crack me up. Just because someone doesn't have a great physique it doesn't mean that they're not full of useful knowledge. Ian is a pretty sharp dude for his age. Does he know everything? No he doesn't. However, what he says and claims is backed by science and fact and not backed by what the big guy at the gym said (and he has to be right because he's swole and ripped). The truth is the best coaches and or teachers are seldom the people who were the best athletes and or had the best physiques. Those people usually had to fight tooth and nail to make progress so they know what works and actually produces results. There are quite a few good prep coaches out there without good physiques (plenty right here on this sight) who are pretty knowledgeable and get their clients shredded. Sure it helps when a guy has a lot of experience in what he preaches, but Ian lives to learn and spends A TON of time researching and speaking with some very experienced and very well educated people who know their stuff.
    I like that line. Good post man.

Quote Originally Posted by eroc613 View Post
    I honestly beleive people should do before they start spouting out insults on the internet.
    My progress that disagrees with most of these guys philosophies.

Skinny one is 2006 ( around 170 lbs).................second one is late 2011 (about 245 lbs)
    Both are in my 30's (yrs old)
    I admit, I know don't know what's optimal......so I'm very sure these guys don't either.

Dude, get it onto your head!!
    YES, you did make great results, fair dues!

That does not meant for one second that what you did was optimal! So dont try and say just becuase you made good results it was optimal. I am not say what you did was bad, just you may have gotten even BETTER results, or the same results in a shorter period.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    I wonder why he disabled comments for the video.
    I was just going to head over to YouTube and drop a comment. Shiiiiiiitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Sorry, but he should still look a little better than most 19-year-old kids I see in the gym with all his vast knowledge (and he does sound quite intelligent).

Whoever said he is 'built like a brick shithouse' needs to stop smoking crack. I looked better than he did at 19, also drug-free, and being an ectomorph. I doubt anyone would claim for a minute my genetics are anything special either.
    That comment was complete sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by kentykentkent View Post
    The kid is a natural 19 year old, who has gained 100pounds in the last 2-3 years iirc. whilst eating 5-6k calories a day, and isn't exactly a fat fuck.
    He is more intelligent than most of you imbeciles here that are all hating on him.
    I'm no fan of the guy, but i can say he knows what he's talking about, he has put that information to good use and continues to do so.
    Do you expect him to look like a top natural pro or something after a few years?
    It is hilarious you are all hating on him, insecurities ? I think so.
    No one is expecting him to have a pro physique. However it is highly annoying how any kid with a video camera and YouTube account is now an expert. Congrats to the kid on putting on some size, but the gap in his lack of experience in bodybuilding and lack of accomplishment when compared to a real expert or guru is vast. I'm glad that the kid is motivated and he should keep it up but he should do us all a favor and keep it off YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Yourlastchance89 View Post
    No one is expecting him to have a pro physique. However it is highly annoying how any kid with a video camera and YouTube account is now an expert. Congrats to the kid on putting on some size, but the gap in his lack of experience in bodybuilding and lack of accomplishment when compared to a real expert or guru is vast. I'm glad that the kid is motivated and he should keep it up but he should do us all a favor and keep it off YouTube
    Oh, like youtube is all of the sudden serious business only... lol.

Oftentimes studies are wrong:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...tool=pmcentrez

So if you are one of these people that only follows the "science", what happens when it's wrong?????

At some point you have to do trial and error and find out "what works for you" which this kid admits to doing in his own video lol
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawks View Post
    Dude, get it onto your head!!
    YES, you did make great results, fair dues!

That does not meant for one second that what you did was optimal! So dont try and say just becuase you made good results it was optimal. I am not say what you did was bad, just you may have gotten even BETTER results, or the same results in a shorter period.
    Dude!!! re-read the last line of my post!!!

I don't think kid is not smart....I personally get sick and tired of beginners with a little knowledge, acting as though they have it all firgured out.
    That's it very simple. America is full of people that will listen, yet don't have enough knowledge to see beyond. It's the American way.
    When he equals the muscularity of about 10 guys in my gym his same age, then he could come to my gym and be the 11th. Is that really an accomplishment, or he average?
    Last edited by eroc613; July 21st, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawks View Post
    Kontor seems to be the only one that is making any logic here.

I am not ass kissing this guy, I even think he is quite patronizing and arrogant but hes extremely intelligent and clearly quite knowledgeable, and thats beside the fact he is 19.

It is absolutely asinine to base your views of his intellect on his appearance. First he's 19, he used to be anorexic, he finds it hard to eat alot due to this and hes natural.

Now considering genetics play a huge role in this sport my point is strenghtened. Do you think Phil Heath had a clue when he started, he was probably huge within a year. Going by looks=knowledge Phil must be the smartest, right?

All this guys videos(If any of you watched them) are based on studies, not anecdotal evidence. Hes not trying to say what IFBB pros are doing is wrong, maybe just not optimal. If any of you are familiar with Alan Aragon, this kid goes on a lot of his work.

I can't believe you all take advice from people who just look the part. So if you wanted to become better looking, would you ask a naturally beautiful model for advice, or someone who has alot of knowledge in anti ageing, and personal care. Jesus, I am surprised by a few of you, most of you are probably 10+ years older than me yet are non the wiser, get over your ignorance. /Rant
    I didnt even watch the video...I've seen too much of these types. Jayhawks, sorry man but you tend to take a very authoritative condescending tones in your posts about bodybuilding and nutrition.....if you are not a monster I certainly hope you've helped create some. Not saying the pros are the most knowledgeable , as we all know damn near anything works for lots of them, but there is a gap between bodybuilding and science....not everything ghat works on paper works in real life on EVERYBODY. It's funny that some of the brainiest guys with great physiques ( John meadows, Justin Harris, skip, Shelby) are some of the most humble non-condescending guys and the ones with not much physique to speak of are the most arrogant
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Quote Originally Posted by zzmacman View Post
    Maybe less time researching and more time training is in order
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    I didnt even watch the video...I've seen too much of these types. Jayhawks, sorry man but you tend to take a very authoritative condescending tones in your posts about bodybuilding and nutrition.....if you are not a monster I certainly hope you've helped create some. Not saying the pros are the most knowledgeable , as we all know damn near anything works for lots of them, but there is a gap between bodybuilding and science....not everything ghat works on paper works in real life on EVERYBODY. It's funny that some of the brainiest guys with great physiques ( John meadows, Justin Harris, skip, Shelby) are some of the most humble non-condescending guys and the ones with not much physique to speak of are the most arrogant
    Well put. Listen, Ian has a ton of 'book knowledge.' The only reason he lacks credibility in my eyes is because he still sorely lacks real-world experience and has no track record that I know of.

Guys like Hany, Dante, and Meadows all have legions of followers for their training methods because so many bb's have experienced better results using those systems than they had got for years previously with standard methods. Ian may one day do the same, but for now he's just spouting off a lot of facts and figures that he gleaned from reading.

Frankly, I am only interested in 'what works for me,' not what worked for 70-year-olds, burn victims, untrained college students, etc, who are often the subjects of the studies he reads.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Well put. Listen, Ian has a ton of 'book knowledge.' The only reason he lacks credibility in my eyes is because he still sorely lacks real-world experience and has no track record that I know of.

Guys like Hany, Dante, and Meadows all have legions of followers for their training methods because so many bb's have experienced better results using those systems than they had got for years previously with standard methods. Ian may one day do the same, but for now he's just spouting off a lot of facts and figures that he gleaned from reading.

Frankly, I am only interested in 'what works for me,' not what worked for 70-year-olds, burn victims, untrained college students, etc, who are often the subjects of the studies he reads.
    Studies come and studies go. I tend to look at them and go "ok, interesting I guess" and then move on to what works in real PEOPLE. I also don't prescribe to the studies that show the human male "tanks" as they get older (hormone wise, fat wise, etc). Their "test data" is not made up of people who lead a true healthy bodybuilding lifestyle.
    Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

Who is arguing with who in this thread?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast