Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: "It works for me"

I have yet to se a study where they try to make somebody a bodybuilder, or one that used steroids gh t3 and clen to make a guy with a certain amount of muscle get shredded with out losing muscle. Until they do side by side tests specificaly for bodybuilding I will stick to what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    I have yet to se a study where they try to make somebody a bodybuilder, or one that used steroids gh t3 and clen to make a guy with a certain amount of muscle get shredded with out losing muscle. Until they do side by side tests specificaly for bodybuilding I will stick to what works for me.
    Amen!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpump View Post
    Studies come and studies go. I tend to look at them and go "ok, interesting I guess" and then move on to what works in real PEOPLE. I also don't prescribe to the studies that show the human male "tanks" as they get older (hormone wise, fat wise, etc). Their "test data" is not made up of people who lead a true healthy bodybuilding lifestyle.
    There are so many studies that show this or that elevates GH or spikes test - but they never seem to make any connection with ACTUAL MUSCLE GAIN!!!!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

I was just watching another one of his vids and I was thinking the kid sounds smart, I can see why people would listen, uses big words correctly, then he stated that GH does nothing, its a fact studies have shown it does nothing for fay loss or muscle growth.

I was just watching another one of his vids and I was thinking the kid sounds smart, I can see why people would listen, uses big words correctly, then he stated that GH does nothing, its a fact studies have shown it does nothing for fay loss or muscle growth.
    Nor does insulin. The IFBB is tested, all naturals

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Bodybuilding was better pre internet. Yes its nice getting instant contest results instead of calling Gold's Venice or Wayne Demillia's office, but there are a LOT of douche bags that out there that really dont know crap
    There were lots of douche bags in bodybuilding pre internet that did not know crap.
    They were the under 180 pound weak skinny fat douche bags in a gym, who instead of minding their own business and being focused on their training were always giving out free training advise to guys that out weighed them by 50 pounds and could out lift them by 100 pounds on any lift.

Youre taking excerpts, does nothing in the physiological range (natural) this is true. Hes not taking about injectable stuff, nor do any of his videos focus on enhanced bodybuilders.

This is a ridiculous statement.

That is so general. "In this study we tried to make the subjects turn into bodybuilders"...

Have you not seen studies on protein synthesis, meal timing, and fasted cardio? Use your brain

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    I didnt even watch the video...I've seen too much of these types. Jayhawks, sorry man but you tend to take a very authoritative condescending tones in your posts about bodybuilding and nutrition.....if you are not a monster I certainly hope you've helped create some. Not saying the pros are the most knowledgeable , as we all know damn near anything works for lots of them, but there is a gap between bodybuilding and science....not everything ghat works on paper works in real life on EVERYBODY. It's funny that some of the brainiest guys with great physiques ( John meadows, Justin Harris, skip, Shelby) are some of the most humble non-condescending guys and the ones with not much physique to speak of are the most arrogant
    Alot of these guys keep their material to themselves, you seem to only mention guys who work mainly with enhanced athletes, ever heard of 3DMJ or Alan Aragon, these guys talk no BS.

I may come across that way because I think its fine if someone is blissfully ignorant, but I dont think its okay if they start spreading that ignorance. I will stop though, you will never change everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawks View Post
    Youre taking excerpts, does nothing in the physiological range (natural) this is true. Hes not taking about injectable stuff, nor do any of his videos focus on enhanced bodybuilders.
    No he said theres empirical proof injectable gh does nothing for muscle growth or fat loss.

These studies may not take into account everything a bodybuilder does to gain muscle, while useful I wouldn't be going around basing everything I do on them. Hell I have done about a thousand of my own studies if you want to go that route, Book smarts are great but trail and error will kick your bespeckled book reading ass everytime.

Did you even watch the video posted? Yes, he talks about drugs

Alot of these guys keep their material to themselves, you seem to only mention guys who work mainly with enhanced athletes, ever heard of 3DMJ or Alan Aragon, these guys talk no BS.

I may come across that way because I think its fine if someone is blissfully ignorant, but I dont think its okay if they start spreading that ignorance. I will stop though, you will never change everyone
    Excellent statement!!! And ironic that your stating it.

Isn't learning to listen to your body (aka finding what works for you) the essence of bodybuilding?
    Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

Banned

Kontor seems to be the only one that is making any logic here.

I am not ass kissing this guy, I even think he is quite patronizing and arrogant but hes extremely intelligent and clearly quite knowledgeable, and thats beside the fact he is 19.

It is absolutely asinine to base your views of his intellect on his appearance. First he's 19, he used to be anorexic, he finds it hard to eat alot due to this and hes natural.

Now considering genetics play a huge role in this sport my point is strenghtened. Do you think Phil Heath had a clue when he started, he was probably huge within a year. Going by looks=knowledge Phil must be the smartest, right?

All this guys videos(If any of you watched them) are based on studies, not anecdotal evidence. Hes not trying to say what IFBB pros are doing is wrong, maybe just not optimal. If any of you are familiar with Alan Aragon, this kid goes on a lot of his work.

I can't believe you all take advice from people who just look the part. So if you wanted to become better looking, would you ask a naturally beautiful model for advice, or someone who has alot of knowledge in anti ageing, and personal care. Jesus, I am surprised by a few of you, most of you are probably 10+ years older than me yet are non the wiser, get over your ignorance. /Rant
    Who the hell is to say what is optimal though?
    You? Your idol Layne? Alan Aragon? Lyle the douche? Scientific studies?

Studies are NOT the end be all of training or nutrition for bodybuilding. Individual variability is so big that whatever is produced in a clinical setting, with a small group of people for a specific period of time becomes almost void. Studies are just a guide as to what might work for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Well here is your fucking problem right here, for you and anyone else who does this.

Dont do what the pros do. DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!! OMG!!!!!

The saying "It works for me" Means just that. It means this is what I do. YOur results may vary.

JESUS CHRIST.... YOu skinny intellectual "gym nerds" are making this shit WAAAY more difficult than it needs to be...
    QFT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kontour View Post
    Optimal vs idiotic habit and ignorance

No one will understand that, or wants to. We are creatures of habit and we do often copy what we see or repeat what we have been doing. That is not always optimal. It rarely is, in fact, optimal when trying to reach any specific goal that involves physicality. We are all different, but that is of no relevance when saying that bro-science is almost always less superior than real science. My dick is bigger than BITBs but I don't bring that up into these arguments bc it wouldn't make sense, just like having an opinion of someone's words based on what they look like and not what they say. Ignorance is bliss. Type on warriors. I may even post a pic update to prove I have two working legs, not 0.
    What is optimal though? What works for you and it just so happens to be based on a scientific study?

Give me a break. No one in this thread is saying to copy what others do, that is idiotic. Do what works for you.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast