Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: "It works for me"

I'm gonna make a video and it's going to say is lift heavy shit off the ground, eat when you're hungry, and take drugs. Welcome to bodybuilding.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by jprc10 View Post
    What is optimal though? What works for you and it just so happens to be based on a scientific study?

Give me a break. No one in this thread is saying to copy what others do, that is idiotic. Do what works for you.
    One quick example. The inner head of my triceps (long head) used to be non existent. I mean, it was soft as fuck and didn't pop out at all. I read some stuff about biomechanics and a lot of literature stated that bc of where the long head attaches, doing anything over the head will allow it to activate a lot more. So for the past 2 months I've been doing over the head extensions (on the seated bench so back is perpendicular to the ground) instead of skull crushers laying on a flat bench. I've also been doing rope extensions while standing straight up. The inner head of my triceps is now starting to take over. This kind of logic is hard to argue with, go try it yourself. I rarely see people with shitty triceps do heavy barbell extensions in a vertical position. It's a little harsh on the elbows but with proper warmup it doesn't feel bad at all for me, and I get the craziest pump and triceps have grown significantly in just two months.
    I've been reading and doing various other exercises for legs and arms and both have been coming up slowly while on no supplements besides BCAAs and protein. If I wouldn't have read that article, I would have never focused on many of the exercises I'm doing now that are working much better for my weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by eroc613 View Post
    Excellent statement!!! And ironic that your stating it.
    I am not spreading anything anecdotal

You obviously lack experience. Many here could have told you this. That said, biomechanically it may not be a favorable excercise for some and they will have to try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontour View Post
    One quick example. The inner head of my triceps (long head) used to be non existent. I mean, it was soft as fuck and didn't pop out at all. I read some stuff about biomechanics and a lot of literature stated that bc of where the long head attaches, doing anything over the head will allow it to activate a lot more. So for the past 2 months I've been doing over the head extensions (on the seated bench so back is perpendicular to the ground) instead of skull crushers laying on a flat bench. I've also been doing rope extensions while standing straight up. The inner head of my triceps is now starting to take over. This kind of logic is hard to argue with, go try it yourself. I rarely see people with shitty triceps do heavy barbell extensions in a vertical position. It's a little harsh on the elbows but with proper warmup it doesn't feel bad at all for me, and I get the craziest pump and triceps have grown significantly in just two months.
    I've been reading and doing various other exercises for legs and arms and both have been coming up slowly while on no supplements besides BCAAs and protein. If I wouldn't have read that article, I would have never focused on many of the exercises I'm doing now that are working much better for my weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawks View Post
    I am not spreading anything anecdotal
    I feel what you fail to realize what most people in this thread are trying to explain is that both sides are anecdotal. Their is no research based on bodybuilding extremes.
    Once you post evidence that you can get massive following some of this guys theories, then maybe people will give you or him credit. But everytime someone is giving this type of advice, they produce no evidence of people's results of getting superior results along with achieving "optimal" gains following their protcol......JUST THEORIES and average results.
    I really hoping you will think about what I'm stating.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    You obviously lack experience. Many here could have told you this. That said, biomechanically it may not be a favorable excercise for some and they will have to try something else.
    Case in point. In my overhead tricep stuff I've learned that i get a much better stretch and harder contraction if I bend backwards over the top of the back support (I usually lean up against a preacher bench) and get really get your elbows back instead of straight up and down. Picked it up watching a Skip Hill video, he calls them skip extensions. That way works much better for me.

I don't lean back quite as far as he does, cuz that's what works best for me.
    Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

Theres an easier way to solve this, lets see his clients.

I feel what you fail to realize what most people in this thread are trying to explain is that both sides are anecdotal. Their is no research based on bodybuilding extremes.
    Once you post evidence that you can get massive following some of this guys theories, then maybe people will give you or him credit. But everytime someone is giving this type of advice, they produce no evidence of people's results of getting superior results along with achieving "optimal" gains following their protcol......JUST THEORIES and average results.
    I really hoping you will think about what I'm stating.
    Anecdotal means not necessarily based on science.

Its all relative, you cannot simple say let see how big you get. Lets say I did everything that was 100% optimal and got to sixe "x" (this being the best shape I could possibly get in). You could easily say that I would have got in that shape anyway, or I am not as big as this guy or that guy, but it would be the best shape I could personally get in. I don't follow his theories, its not the first time I have encountered these lines of thinking, I just stumbled upon this recently.

I think we should agree to disagree

He comes across as a know it all which is really off putting especially when he himself has not got the results you would expect from someone with"vast" knowledge. He does have some really good points if you got the time to shift through alot of bull of his many vids.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawks View Post
    Anecdotal means not necessarily based on science.

Its all relative, you cannot simple say let see how big you get. Lets say I did everything that was 100% optimal and got to sixe "x" (this being the best shape I could possibly get in). You could easily say that I would have got in that shape anyway, or I am not as big as this guy or that guy, but it would be the best shape I could personally get in. I don't follow his theories, its not the first time I have encountered these lines of thinking, I just stumbled upon this recently.

I think we should agree to disagree
    I think I may given you more credit than I should have....I feel I will lose you if explain any further. Which is why most people of a certain level of intelligence and experience tend to keep things to themselves. (It's genarally not worth the effort, to find out their comprehension level is not capable of grasping the concept) While others whom think they are of higher intelligence (that are not really even much above average), really feel a need to try to prove their intelligence.
    Good luck on your journey.

Exactly. Fuck these guys. Youre beastmode, Im beastmode, and others here and on the pro stage that get it are beastmode. We'll leave these guys to clinically build themselves with all their "knowledge" and build optimal, superior physiques than all of us bros and our psuedo science...

I think I may given you more credit than I should have....I feel I will lose you if explain any further. Which is why most people of a certain level of intelligence and experience tend to keep things to themselves. (It's genarally not worth the effort, to find out their comprehension level is not capable of grasping the concept) While others whom think they are of higher intelligence (that are not really even much above average), really feel a need to try to prove their intelligence.
    Good luck on your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Master View Post
    your like a 40 year old man, hating some kid online. who owned who here? he looks like a healthy young guy. Id listen to this kid over a drug abusing IFBB pro any day.
    Hahahahaha...is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    These studies may not take into account everything a bodybuilder does to gain muscle, while useful I wouldn't be going around basing everything I do on them. Hell I have done about a thousand of my own studies if you want to go that route, Book smarts are great but trail and error will kick your bespeckled book reading ass everytime.
    Amen
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Hahahahaha...is that you?
    Lmao....that was exactly what I was thinking when I watched it.

Lmao....that was exactly what I was thinking when I watched it.
    Really? My first thought was that the kid looked pretty healthy. Then I thought to myself "Yeah, I'd listen to this kid." And then I pointed my finger at my computer screen and was like "BOOM! That kid just OWNED you Ron Harris! He straight up owned you because you're hatin' on him!"
    Last edited by Evan Centopani; July 21st, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Exactly. Fuck these guys. Youre beastmode, Im beastmode, and others here and on the pro stage that get it are beastmode. We'll leave these guys to clinically build themselves with all their "knowledge" and build optimal, superior physiques than all of us bros and our psuedo science...
    Makes sense...

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast