Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: QUATTRO'S PREP NPC NEW ENGLAND.....AND BEYOND.....

Default QUATTRO'S PREP NPC NEW ENGLAND.....AND BEYOND.....

DAY 1-2
    Hey guys my name is Trey, an I'm 14weeks away from my first NPC show. Ive competed numerous times in 3 different (natural) organizations previously. A few months back I decided it was time to really push myself and start a new challange. So with help from Primordial Performance Im hoping to push my physique's potential to where I can hang with the big boys. Ive never had a problem with conditioning but now size will be a huge factor. Right now Im finishing up a slight bulk. I tend to do my off-season and on-season nutrition in cycles. I started my prep a few weeks earlier then normal so I can keep moderate- high carb weeks in longer. Right now my diet food and supplement wise looks like this
    Wake up 630am
    I take my 6pills of ANDROlean and ANDROhard with 3 pills of ANDROmass.
    1 multivitamin and then a shake with 30g protein,water and a quarter cups of oats.
    TRAIN.....
    (Meal2)30g protein with 40g dextrose with creatine blend
    11am... Protein fruit smoothie, and 4-6 ounces of chicken with a couple fish oil pills
    I own a restaurant so between 1-6pm I pick at chicken breast.
    I also have a quarter cup of oats at 2pm and then 5pm. I also take another multi and a couple fish oil pills.
    8-9pm 30g protein with fruit or quarter cup of oats.
    TRAIN...
    30g protein and 40g dextrose with creatine blend
    I usually drink a gallon and a half of water a day. With a half gallon of coffee(usually black)
    I only train 2x a day when getting ready for a show, I tend to grow into them but I can only do it for a couple months before I burn out. Training sessions last 30-40mins tops. Right now Im only doing an hour walk a day for cardio which I do year round. I usually wait til 8-10 weeks to do my contest cardio. I do cardio and eat clean year round so Im usually never concerned with the cutting aspects of prep.
    My training split right now is
    Chest/bi's
    Back
    Shoulder's/tri's
    Legs..... Off days are usually before and after leg days.
    Anything I missed just ask. Thank you for following. Ill be posting pics in the next couple days and giving almost daily updates as to how Im feeling and doing. Just started the ANDRO series so Im excited to see where it takes me.
    SPECIAL THANK YOU to PRIMORDIAL PERFORMANCE and MATT PORTER for sponsoring me and helping me on my path.
    All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

Cool. With your training sessions, do you do minimal rest, few sets/exercises or a combination of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Peri View Post
    Cool. With your training sessions, do you do minimal rest, few sets/exercises or a combination of both?
    Usually I'll superset any chance I get or I might do triple sets. So there's no rest at all when I do that. With straight sets I'll only rest 15-20 seconds to catch my breath or drink something. In my logs going forward I'll post my actual training log sets & reps included. I usually do 3-4 sets but only a handful of exercises.
    All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

Lol soooo random....thanks Pit

Day 3
    So Ive been feeling solid the last couple of weeks so I haven't been doing my normal double sessions. Usually in the morning Id focus on isolation movements and at night Id do compound movements. Well with size being an issue Ive been doing mostly compound movements in both.
    A.M/P.M Training BACK
    Dead lifts 4 sets
    Barbell rows 4 sets
    Dumbell rows 3 sets
    Rack pulls 3sets
    T-bar rows 3 sets
    Hybrid dumbell lat pull(hard to explain) 3sets
    Barbell shrugs 3 sets
    Dumbell shrugs 3 sets
    All sets are taken to about a 90% failure. I don't like to limit myself with a certain number or weight.
    Ive been eating more chicken throughout the day. Probably an extra pound or two divided up. Thanks again for reading....

Awesome! Can't wait to follow this.

current pics please!

Kill it!
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by brutalermensch View Post
    current pics please!
    Im a bit bloated after 2wks of high carbs but here are a few I just took.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/189925309256284945/

DAY 4 Shoulders/Tris
    4 sets dumbell press
    4 sets upright rows
    3 sets side laterals
    3 sets front raises
    3 sets tricep exten.
    3 sets dips

Livin' it up as a www.aaefx.com Board Rep

Looks like a fun ride. Good luck!
    NGA PRO BODYBUILDER
    Team P/RR/S Warrior

^^^^ Thanks buddy, follow along then....

DAY 5 LEGS
    4 sets squats
    4 sets Leg exten
    3 sets walking lunges
    3 sets walking backwards lunges
    4 sets calf raises
    3 sets Romanian deadlifts
    3 sets leg exten.
    My legs have been feeling heavier. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but I feel like my legs are harder. Im assuming the ANDRO is playing a role in that. It's a hard feeling to explain but it's something I haven't noticed before.
    Last edited by Trey Dunbar; July 26th, 2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: im a bit slow

Quote Originally Posted by quattro View Post
    DAY 5 LEGS
    4 sets squats
    4 sets Leg exten
    3 sets walking lunges
    3 sets walking backwards lunges
    4 sets calf raises
    3 sets Romanian deadlifts
    3 sets leg exten.
    My legs have been feeling heavier. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but I feel like my legs are harder. Im assuming the ANDRO is playing a role in that. It's a hard feeling to explain but it's something I haven't noticed before.

is your strength coming up?

My strength is up but id have to give the credit to the extra weight Im carrying. For me, this is heavy. Its hard to gauge my size from the pics because Im 6'2 so my weight fits my frame differently. My thighs are a little over 27inches right now.

DAY 6
    Chest/Bis
    3 warm up sets alternating curls
    3 sets dumbell flys
    3 sets dumbell bench
    3 sets incline bench
    3 sets cable flys(upper chest)
    3 sets cable flys(lower chest)
    3 sets Zottman curls
    My water weight/ bloat is just about gone. Switching back into a restricted carb phase. Had extra time today so I did an additional hour of cardio. Thanks again for reading.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast