Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First Prohormone Log - Dewman/Trenavar

Okay guys... an extra saw palmetto tab in the am (up to 3) and in the eve (up to 4) & my drive is right back where it normally is. It (luckily) was never a matter of being able to... it was just that I had no desire to... which is something that really never happened before.
    Things are going well, I thought I reinjured my stomach muscle, but I have hod no pain for a few days... tonite is back... lats & Traps. Going to do calves as well.

Did my Plyometrics today... I have only been doing the cardio discs for P90X in the am... I still have a ton of fat I want off of me.

Tomorrow is my 2 week mark... interested to take measurements, BF, the whole shebang. 1/3 through.

Starting to lose a bit of energy, but pushing through... man the first few days I felt invincible! Now coming back to earth a bit!

Here we go!

Okay, woke up at my 2 weeks mark 184.6

I cooked 2 pork roasts and a bunch of pork loin chops today, about 7 lbs worth. I also set myself up with chicken for the next few days by cooking 2 roasters and deskinning & boning them.

This has been quite a different ride for me this time around (lifting)... though I am nursing injuries, and I think I am over training a bit... I am getting results... that is new for me. My whole life I have never been able to put on much muscle... just my small light frame, and biology. I was able to put on quite a bit of muscle over a 2 year lifting run (A lot by my standards, & that means about 30lbs of muscle in 2 years). As you can see, even though I was eating 2-3 grams of protein per pound, I wasnt putting on a ton of muscle. I believe that was a great foundation for this!

I am making progress, but am going to take tomorrow completely off. I need a rest day... I think that is why I have a lack of energy... too many days in a row, no resting. (As Rockoid said, I may be over training)
    So, as usual, I willl take the advice offered to me, and take a day off...lol

So I will eat as much meat, fruit and veggies as I can tomorrow... and just rest my body.. we will see if I feel better after that!
    Thanks for reading!

Okay, wrist is better today, stomach muscles are fine, ankle still hurts a bit... elbow getting better?

So odd to have ailments getting better "AS" I keep working...lol So used to being sidelined with injuries that I am really beside myself.

I was feeling so good today, I upped my Bench, Inclines, Declines & flies today... Bench & Declines I upped 33%, and inclines and flies I upped 50%. I needed to do this as now I am failing 3-4 sets in at 8 or 9, and by the time I hit set 8 & 9 I am failing at rep 6 & 7. I take a 60 second break after set 9 instead of 30-45 seconds and do my very best to crank out 11 reps in set 10... but tonite, in every instance I failed before 10...lol

My chest & shoulders are rough now! I could barely breathe or lift my arms for about 10-15 mins after! I was working for almost 90mins... didnt even realize it!

I did my Plyo today... felt good, soaked my entire tshirt & hand towel.

Listen... food for thought for anyone doing anything like this... I stopped taking my vit. C with my Trenavar & Epistane 2 days ago. I heard a rumor that the Vit. C was to acidic and could ruin some of what I am taking... I swear, I feel it a lot more taking my Vit C an hour later then my supps. I do the vit C & multi after the sups now and my strength & energy is starting to go back up.

I am even antsy again. The bench doesnt lie, and my strength is way up this week, so I wonder if my Vit C (3,000mg twice per day) was interfering with my supps.

Just food for thought as I feel back on track again!

Tomorrow is my off day... I am so sick of eating meat 6-8 times per day...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
    Okay... prepping for Tuesday/Wednesday.

I stocked up on some meat. About 90lbs of chicken, 75lbs of unbutchered pork loin & buts, 6 St Louis cut rib racks (as a treat when things get rough), (16) 12lb eye round roasts equaling almost 200lbs of beef.
    A few other things like 6 dozen eggs, Casein, Creatine, 100% gold standard Whey (tropical punch!), Some NytroWhey to add flavor to plain whole Oatmeal... which I get 6 canisters of, & 4lbs of green tea (gunpowder).

I cooked up 2 whole chickens today in the oven, then pulled all the skin, fat and bones out of it. Got just under 10lbs

Then I cut up 10 Jalapenos & one large white sweet onion and fried them in a skillet until they were soft. I butchered a whole pork loin that gave me 9 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick pork loin chops weighing around 1lb each after cooking. I cut them down the middle, stuffed some onions & Jalapeno inside, put some of my Thyme rub on them, then cooked them out on the grill!

When I get through this, I will half & cut a roast and add it to my shelf for meat in the fridge.
    I picked up about 8lbs of fresh veggies from a farm stand here in NH for salads etc (with no dressing) to help pass this meat easier...lol

Tomorrow I clean the weight room, work on my first playlist for the first month, do some plyo, & start planning out my 7-10 meals per day.
    I also picked up 20lbs of raw shelled almonds for snacks... sometimes I need to much and they are great for that.

That's all for today... check in tomorrow!
    hell yeah buddy, welcome and look forward to following.
    hope it all goes well for ya.
    that fridge looks like my deep freeze, lol
    good luck buddy!
    md is a great place to log, good people on here man. not a bunch of trolls like most sites.
    The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten

Okay, wrist is better today, stomach muscles are fine, ankle still hurts a bit... elbow getting better?

So odd to have ailments getting better "AS" I keep working...lol So used to being sidelined with injuries that I am really beside myself.

I was feeling so good today, I upped my Bench, Inclines, Declines & flies today... Bench & Declines I upped 33%, and inclines and flies I upped 50%. I needed to do this as now I am failing 3-4 sets in at 8 or 9, and by the time I hit set 8 & 9 I am failing at rep 6 & 7. I take a 60 second break after set 9 instead of 30-45 seconds and do my very best to crank out 11 reps in set 10... but tonite, in every instance I failed before 10...lol

My chest & shoulders are rough now! I could barely breathe or lift my arms for about 10-15 mins after! I was working for almost 90mins... didnt even realize it!

I did my Plyo today... felt good, soaked my entire tshirt & hand towel.

Listen... food for thought for anyone doing anything like this... I stopped taking my vit. C with my Trenavar & Epistane 2 days ago. I heard a rumor that the Vit. C was to acidic and could ruin some of what I am taking... I swear, I feel it a lot more taking my Vit C an hour later then my supps. I do the vit C & multi after the sups now and my strength & energy is starting to go back up.

I am even antsy again. The bench doesnt lie, and my strength is way up this week, so I wonder if my Vit C (3,000mg twice per day) was interfering with my supps.

Just food for thought as I feel back on track again!

Tomorrow is my off day... I am so sick of eating meat 6-8 times per day...lol
    i must be the opposite of most bodybuilders, i have no problem with meat but eating carbs is the hard part for me man.
    i try to eat about 65-100g carbs per meal and it kills me, lol, while on the other hand, the lb or more of meat i eat every meal to be no problem.

Treed! Thank you for the reply.

I was away for a couple of days, but now I am back.
    So, at the halfway point, I am down to 17% BF (from 21-22). My strength is up, and eating is not easier...lol

I have no problem with the carbs as I love fruit... watermelon especially at this time of year, so I just add a salad or watermelon... I am good!

I tried to take pictures of my mid point but the lighting was off and flash didnt go off... I will try again today or tomorrow.

Cooking up a roast and 2 chickens today... going to try to step the diet up a bit more.

Okay, just in case anyone out there still reads this...lol
    BF down to about 15%, weight up to 185.4

That means... and this is a loose calculation as I am only doing a 5 spot BF measurement... 12lbs+ of fat gone and 14lbs+ of muscle added. I am not sure if I can believe what I am seeing. I do my measurements 2 & 3 times to be sure... but here we are. We are about 3.5 weeks in (give or take) I think I have enough stuff for 2.5 more weeks.

I am cramping up... & not during the workout. I am cramping up between workouts. Also, something a little interesting is happening, in that, my muscles feel like they are about to fall asleep in the middle of the night. As I am getting up 4-6 times per nite to piss... they just feel weird, like they are about to fall alseep, but never get there... almost like bad circulation.

I am sure the two are related, because I had a lat go into cramp/spasm on me, followed today by a trap... and a day or two ago my top right stomach muscle cramped so badly it brought me to me knees... for real.

Now, first... I drink a shit ton of fluids. When I dont have water in my hands, it is a protein shake, or green tea neat. My pee is clear, and I go pee about every 30 mins or more... like a 10 year old girl on a cross country car trip... it is maddening.

So I doubt highly it is water in take. I also take 2 multis... one morning, one evening.

Not sure... was given some advice for supps, but I was told to post it and get further input... so if anyone has any advice... please give me some!

Been upping my weights again this week... not all, but about 2/3 of my workouts went up in weight this week... feels awesome!

Okay, just in case anyone out there still reads this...lol
    BF down to about 15%, weight up to 185.4

That means... and this is a loose calculation as I am only doing a 5 spot BF measurement... 12lbs+ of fat gone and 14lbs+ of muscle added. I am not sure if I can believe what I am seeing. I do my measurements 2 & 3 times to be sure... but here we are. We are about 3.5 weeks in (give or take) I think I have enough stuff for 2.5 more weeks.

I am cramping up... & not during the workout. I am cramping up between workouts. Also, something a little interesting is happening, in that, my muscles feel like they are about to fall asleep in the middle of the night. As I am getting up 4-6 times per nite to piss... they just feel weird, like they are about to fall alseep, but never get there... almost like bad circulation.

I am sure the two are related, because I had a lat go into cramp/spasm on me, followed today by a trap... and a day or two ago my top right stomach muscle cramped so badly it brought me to me knees... for real.

Now, first... I drink a shit ton of fluids. When I dont have water in my hands, it is a protein shake, or green tea neat. My pee is clear, and I go pee about every 30 mins or more... like a 10 year old girl on a cross country car trip... it is maddening.

So I doubt highly it is water in take. I also take 2 multis... one morning, one evening.

Not sure... was given some advice for supps, but I was told to post it and get further input... so if anyone has any advice... please give me some!

Been upping my weights again this week... not all, but about 2/3 of my workouts went up in weight this week... feels awesome!

cramps are part of orals man.
    2 gallons of water per day is a must.

longer rest between sets helps too, and keeping reps low. i know you said it happens after workouts but it still helps.
    also it helps me when i drank 32oz of gatorade per day.

Hey bud. Good to see ya again. It's been a long time neh?

You can def. listen to Treed. He is full of great advice IMO.

Treed: Thank you for the advice, I am picking up a couple of bundles of bananas for some potassium, and I will get the non-flavored pedialyte for the electrolytes. Hopefully that will help. I cant take all the sugar in the Gatorade... even though I have a ton of the powder to make it. But I figure that is what you are talking about... the electrolytes, so I will get it the way babies do...lol Thank you for the advice! I will measure how much fluid I am taking in today... something dawned on me... The cramps a worst on the days I dont do protein shakes. Some days it just works out that I have a meal after my workout instead of a shake... so maybe that has something to do with it too.

Woodwise!!!!!! How the hell are you? I went over to the dark side here and am trying some orals. I have been trying so hard to get back at things but just keep getting injured... so i figured I would try this, and it is working out in that I seem to be able to work around and through any injuries I have gotten. How are things in your neck neighbor?

Treed: Thank you for the advice, I am picking up a couple of bundles of bananas for some potassium, and I will get the non-flavored pedialyte for the electrolytes. Hopefully that will help. I cant take all the sugar in the Gatorade... even though I have a ton of the powder to make it. But I figure that is what you are talking about... the electrolytes, so I will get it the way babies do...lol Thank you for the advice! I will measure how much fluid I am taking in today... something dawned on me... The cramps a worst on the days I dont do protein shakes. Some days it just works out that I have a meal after my workout instead of a shake... so maybe that has something to do with it too.

Woodwise!!!!!! How the hell are you? I went over to the dark side here and am trying some orals. I have been trying so hard to get back at things but just keep getting injured... so i figured I would try this, and it is working out in that I seem to be able to work around and through any injuries I have gotten. How are things in your neck neighbor?
    Hey bud. Things are good here. I am still bulking and cutting. I got pretty fat on a big (40lb) all nattie bulk a couple years ago, and have been cutting and bulking my way back down. I am sub 20% and have gained about 10lbs of muscle since March. My diet is spot on, and exercise is the same. I am hoping to get to gain another 10lbs of muscle, then diet down to 10%bf or less by the end of the year.

Check out my log in the Training Journal Section, to see what I am really doing!

ok well with that being said about the shakes, the more carbs you eat the more "pump" you can achieve and that "can" lead to cramps. maybe on the days you are drinking shakes post workout you are probably not eating whole carbs, which would mean less pump, glycogen, etc.. which would/could lead to less cramping.
    just a thought.

overall for cramps:
    couple grams of taurine
    potassium
    2 gallons of water
    electrolytes during/post workout

also just my opinion, i would be easy on orals. that being said i have taken plenty, but designer's and and otc orals are harsh man and you would be better off just doing test/tren/deca, etc......
    not really trying to tell you what to do, just saying in the long run it's healthier and safer. that's all.
    hope to you see you continue to post.
    i also have a log.

oh yeah and on the banana's i would advise only getting a few at a time. you would be amazed at how fast those fuckers will rot, lol.
    i used to buy 10 or so at a time, but i only eat 1 a day and half would rot, the slightest touch will bruise them and then they are fucked.
    now i buy 4 at a time and i get all my veggies and fruit fresh, every 4 days.
    i don't have kids and actually enjoy grocery shopping so maybe that's not the best for everyone.

Dewman. Check your PM's bro.

Hey Wood! I have actually been reading your log believe it or not. I was reading before, I just hadnt said anything as of yet... there are a lot of pages to get through, and I wanted to get through them! I will reply to the PM today... we lost internet all day yesterday and could only check this on my phone... but being 41 and a dinosaur... phone replies are not for me...lol You look great brother!!!!

Treed, I actually will be doing trenazone in November... I would have no idea how to get anything other than oral at this point... living where I do, there isnt even a gym within 30-40 mins...lol I am in the woods of NH and my mail is delivered like in the movie "Funny Farm"...lol

Bananas.... I buy them about 10-12 at a time... I only eat 1 per day as well, and understand about them going bad so quickly... trick I use (as I am a foodie and that is 3/4 my issues with weight...lol) I cut them up into discs like mom used to to to corn flakes, then lay them flat in a ziplock and stack them in the freezer. I lay them flat so that they freeze quickly. When done, they will last about a month with no discoloration, but they actually taste like banana ice cream! The correct texture and everything! So it feeds my sweets/ice cream cravings all at once. I do eat them unfrozen until they start getting the brown spotting on the peel... then cut them up... you should try it... given what we are and are not allowed to eat... this feels like cheating it is damned good!...lol

I will check out your log!!!!!

good idea about the bananas man, i'm going to give that a try.
    i forget how much stuff you can freeze and it still be good.

New Hampshire and Delaware are 2 states that are often forgotten about.
    i have thought about moving to a place like that or vermont to just get away from it all and retire in the woods, ha ha.....but then i think about the cold and i say hell no

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast