Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First Prohormone Log - Dewman/Trenavar

Quote Originally Posted by treed View Post
    New Hampshire and Delaware are 2 states that are often forgotten about.
    i have thought about moving to a place like that or vermont to just get away from it all and retire in the woods, ha ha.....but then i think about the cold and i say hell no
    I live in VT and love it here. But it is rather poor where I live and hard to make a living if you're not a farmer or logger. . . I have a house in the middle of the woods, and a camp that is even more in the woods, 30 miles from my house! I go to camp when I need a break from the stress of living at my house. Lol.

No doubt, I am on 20 acres, but it is deceiving... My house just looks like another small house in the woods, but when you pull up I have 2 big weeping willows on each side of the driveway that lead to 3 clear acres of field that have several brooks, a pond (with peepers), blueberry bushes and apple trees (small ones), and a nice 26x26 raised veggie garden... but the house is over 3,000sqf (does not look it from outside as it is a ranch) and tricked out will all kinds of tech stuff... including a working and stocked 1970's to early 90's arcade with pins, arcades & even one of those metal typers from the boardwalks...lol

You hardly ever hear traffic here, and we own (for the time being) two of the 3 bordering lots as well, so nobody can build on top of us... it left me with no retirement money... but hey...lol It will be too bad if we have to sell most of it and move to AZ next summer... uhg!

For the past two days (yesterday & day before) I have been so frikin hungry it is scarey. Two days ago I had to go to the grocery store, so I bought a pre cooked 5 lb chicken (with bones) took it home, stripped the skin (and tossed it) and through out the day I ate the whole thing, including some hot wings (homemade so not loaded with crap), some pork loin, 3 cups of black bean salad, half a watermelon a banana, 3 protein shakes and few other small things... some ham, and a slice of full fat white American cheese... who knows how many calories... so much food... & I still woke up hungry at 1 am even with a double casein shake. That was my off day...lol I lost 1.4lbs from the morning of, to the morning after... crazy

Yesterday... I ate every hour it seemed, but ended up eating 10 meals as well as 3 shakes. More chicken, ham, pork, watermelon, a banana, black bean salad... I was hungry twice, AFTER I had just finished a meal. I upped from 6oz of meat to 8-10 all day and was still starving at 1 am. I also ate just as much yesterday , if not more, than the day before. I only did arms yesterday and the Ab ripper X from P90X... I gained only .4 lbs back... within the margin of error I would say. I am already really hungry this am and I just ate less than an hour ago... so more chicken I guess... uhg!

So frikin hungry... my wife is horrified... she had to leave the house for a bit yesterday as seeing me eat all that meat the past couple of days was turning her stomach....lol She could not believe the volume, but more so... that I kept to my diet and just ate meat & veggies with some fruit earlier in the day. We are laughing about it now... but she stated she has to leave again if I start that shit up again. I cant believe how hungry I have been... and not gaining weight is so odd.

That all being said, I hit a new personal best for curls! I am not talking a one time lift, I am talking about a full workout weight! I am not a bodybuilder at 41, always been a very hard gainer, and at 5'7" and 185 running between 15-17% BF... I am not a huge guy... but this was awesome. I was actually a little nervous putting the weight on due to the elbow (like WW I have a bad case of tennis elbow)... but I got through it! I couldn't believe it! I needed 15 mins after my workout to start getting my arms to function again... but it was great! My arms are also measuring (1 weeks ago) a 1/4 inch bigger than ever before, not pumped. Doesnt sound like much... but these things represent the small edge I have been looking for at my age... I still cannot believe I hit a personal best at 41 after trying so hard for almost 3 years... and always pushing too hard and going down to injury and having to stop. so frustrating!

It is a sad amount of weight compared to what I see out here... but I am keeping track of my free weights, so i will post it all at the end.

That is my update... I need to go frigin eat... my stomach is getting impatient & yelling at me!

PS Woodwise, check your PMs!
    Last edited by Dewman; September 1st, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

WTF?

OK, who switched Dew's tren with EQ?

Hell, if shipping wasn't so costly, I'd send over an OX!

when it comes to weight the actual numbers dont really matter, it's all relevant.
    what i mean by that is:
    it's all about the individual lifting "their" max amount of weight they can lift for quality sets. that's what grows muscle, lifting heavy weights tears the muscle then it repairs and becomes bigger. not everyone can lift crazy weights, a guy that can bench 550 for 8 reps has the same effect to his muscles as a guy that can only manage to get 225 for 8 reps. it's the same because the muscle for both men will tear the same. it's just about tearing the muscle then repairing it with food, supps, and rest. so dont worry about numbers man, they increase over time so long as every time you lift you do enough work to tear the muscle, and that happens by lifting weights that are heavy to the individual.
    it's kind of like the chicken and egg thing, with size comes strength or with strength comes size??

when i started lifting i could not bench 95lbs for 8 reps, could not even squat 95lbs for 8 reps.
    but over time with proper training strength and size come at the same time. but not training to your max constantly will get you nowhere, you have to tear the muscle in order for it to grow and the muscle has to grow in order to become stronger.

ramble, lol
    The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten

saw that in your post you said you did p90x, is that all you do or do you have a gym that you go to?

Bud:

You logging your food and keeping track of macros? I have had numerous people who know this business tell me (and I am finding it true myself) that diet is more important than anything else. First, you need to be eating the right types of food (wholefood, no processed junk) mostly meat and veggies and complex carbs. Then you should train yourself to measure the components of what you are eating, and log that information into a food diary. Once you get good with doing that, you will learn what certain foods contain, and you will know what you can and cannot eat to meet your goals.

There is a whole system of calculating your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), then figuring what your diet should look like for bulking versus cutting. Let me know if you need any help. I have it all written up and could share it with you if you like.

Anyway, AAS without the right diet, is like dumping gasoline on the ground . . . just sayin'

Check your PM's.

I have 40 acres with my house, on both sides of a busy dirt road right next to my house and I have 10 acres with my camp. I love going for walks in the woods right out my door. If I walk out my door and cross the road, I can go for miles without hitting any roads. My house has a meandering stream next to it and my camp has a nice small pond and a rock cliff next to it. I really feel lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
    No doubt, I am on 20 acres, but it is deceiving... My house just looks like another small house in the woods, but when you pull up I have 2 big weeping willows on each side of the driveway that lead to 3 clear acres of field that have several brooks, a pond (with peepers), blueberry bushes and apple trees (small ones), and a nice 26x26 raised veggie garden... but the house is over 3,000sqf (does not look it from outside as it is a ranch) and tricked out will all kinds of tech stuff... including a working and stocked 1970's to early 90's arcade with pins, arcades & even one of those metal typers from the boardwalks...lol

You hardly ever hear traffic here, and we own (for the time being) two of the 3 bordering lots as well, so nobody can build on top of us... it left me with no retirement money... but hey...lol It will be too bad if we have to sell most of it and move to AZ next summer... uhg!

For the past two days (yesterday & day before) I have been so frikin hungry it is scarey. Two days ago I had to go to the grocery store, so I bought a pre cooked 5 lb chicken (with bones) took it home, stripped the skin (and tossed it) and through out the day I ate the whole thing, including some hot wings (homemade so not loaded with crap), some pork loin, 3 cups of black bean salad, half a watermelon a banana, 3 protein shakes and few other small things... some ham, and a slice of full fat white American cheese... who knows how many calories... so much food... & I still woke up hungry at 1 am even with a double casein shake. That was my off day...lol I lost 1.4lbs from the morning of, to the morning after... crazy

Yesterday... I ate every hour it seemed, but ended up eating 10 meals as well as 3 shakes. More chicken, ham, pork, watermelon, a banana, black bean salad... I was hungry twice, AFTER I had just finished a meal. I upped from 6oz of meat to 8-10 all day and was still starving at 1 am. I also ate just as much yesterday , if not more, than the day before. I only did arms yesterday and the Ab ripper X from P90X... I gained only .4 lbs back... within the margin of error I would say. I am already really hungry this am and I just ate less than an hour ago... so more chicken I guess... uhg!

So frikin hungry... my wife is horrified... she had to leave the house for a bit yesterday as seeing me eat all that meat the past couple of days was turning her stomach....lol She could not believe the volume, but more so... that I kept to my diet and just ate meat & veggies with some fruit earlier in the day. We are laughing about it now... but she stated she has to leave again if I start that shit up again. I cant believe how hungry I have been... and not gaining weight is so odd.

That all being said, I hit a new personal best for curls! I am not talking a one time lift, I am talking about a full workout weight! I am not a bodybuilder at 41, always been a very hard gainer, and at 5'7" and 185 running between 15-17% BF... I am not a huge guy... but this was awesome. I was actually a little nervous putting the weight on due to the elbow (like WW I have a bad case of tennis elbow)... but I got through it! I couldn't believe it! I needed 15 mins after my workout to start getting my arms to function again... but it was great! My arms are also measuring (1 weeks ago) a 1/4 inch bigger than ever before, not pumped. Doesnt sound like much... but these things represent the small edge I have been looking for at my age... I still cannot believe I hit a personal best at 41 after trying so hard for almost 3 years... and always pushing too hard and going down to injury and having to stop. so frustrating!

It is a sad amount of weight compared to what I see out here... but I am keeping track of my free weights, so i will post it all at the end.

That is my update... I need to go frigin eat... my stomach is getting impatient & yelling at me!

PS Woodwise, check your PMs!
    Last edited by woodswise; September 2nd, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Hey Rock!: It is crazy how hungry I am... I will do a food break down from the past 3 days... it is getting crazy... and way strange! BUT my body is starting to look so different it is crazy! (as always, thank you!)

Treed!: First, thank you... it is sometimes tough being in here with everyone lifting so much more than me... I sometimes worry that numbers are the big push. Rockoid had told me at the beginning of my run in a PM not to go crazy upping weight so that I, who is very injury prone, did not get injured at the top of my cycle. This was great advice. I spent the first two weeks watching videos on form, and trying to perfect mine with lighter weight. After week 3, I started to up my weights, if I started to lose form, I would step back down (even in the middle of sets) and make sure my form was better. I am capable of lifting more than I do in certain exercises, like Lat pull downs... but I lose form, So I try to pick a weight that is challenging, but allows me to keep form all the way through... even if I have to struggle to do so.

I cant go to a gym as there are not any around... but I have my own. When you go downstairs in my house, I have free weights, a Nautilus machine, punching bags, a ton of different bars... even my Total Gym and a treadmill... which were supposed to be for cardio, but I like doing the P90X Plyometrics for cardio... it remeinds me of being in the Army and the workouts we got there. I try to do the Ab things when I do legs, and the Plyo on days I am doing upper body. I do the P90X in the mornings... but only those two discs & the Stretch one on my off days... then I do my workout with weights in the evening... I have always been a "lift in the evening" kind of guy... not sure why, but I just cant "get up" for it in the am... I do much better later in the day!

Woodwise!: Tag your it on PMs...lol I have actually kept pretty good track of what I have been eating... which is amazing... for instance.
    Yesterday:

6:30am - Banana & 4oz of chicken breast
    8am - 2 cups of watermelon, 6oz of chicken (no skin, both light & dark.)
    around 9am - 8 oz of lean pork loin

10:30 - 38 grams of protein whey (dose & a half) & some coconut water (half a serving - 35 cals)
    between 11:30 & 12 - 2 cups black bean salad (homemade) Just raw veggies really, and 8 oz mixed chicken meat, not fat no skin.

1:30ish - 10 oz of pork loin
    3pm - 8 oz Chicken breast
    5pm - 40gram protein shake & 6 oz of beef roast, lean
    7pm - 4 oz lean fat free ham, 4 oz chicken mixed dark/light meat
    8:30pm - double sized (60 grams) Casein shake
    midnight - (Uhg I hate this meal but wake up shaking from hunger) - 10oz Chicken & lean pork loin mixed. 1 slice of deli American cheese (I know, but I am craving cheese like crazy)... and last night (Bad I know) 1 cup watermelon.

That was my day yesterday... on top of which, I did Plyo & legs&calves... and I LOST 1 pound from yesterday morning to today...lol

Technically, I ate 11 times yesterday... and I could have had 2 more meals if I am being honest... but I just got tired of chewing...lol

I did have 4 cups of green tea (12 ounces each) without anything in it, and just over 130 ounces of water.

I would love to figure out what my diet needs to be and all of the macros as well as BMR... so any help would be great!

Saw your pics of your camp in your thread... going over now for that comment!...lol

Ok boys & girls... and those of you pre-op!

Today i set another personal record for a workout weight with my seated cable rows. I will tell this weight... 195lbs. As my workout weight doing 10 sets with 7-11 reps... I am enjoying that! I started at around 130lbs. 4-5 weeks ago.

I am having a problem with my Lat pull downs, in that I tried to up the weight today, and the pull down is lifting me off the bench and causing me to lose form... besides tying myself down... is there a method to doing bigger weights with this that I just do not know? I had to go back down as I was afraid even coming off the bench a couple of inches was going to kill my form. So I slowed the reps way down to add intensity.

I am still cramping up/having spasms a lot on back day... had a trap cramp up on me about an hour ago in the shower that took a count down from 25 backwards to stop... hurt like hell.

I only have about 15-16 days left, so I will just suffer through the cramping...

Here is a question... if I am doing this on Trenavar... does that mean I will do it on Trenazone spray as well? I already bought it... so I hope not, but something tells me I will be cramping up over Thanksgiving & Christmas...lol

I have a new order of supplies coming... I will post pictures when it gets here... but it is my next run... wont be doing it until late November... but I wanted to get it in before everything is banned (I am only half kidding... I am really just anxious)

Off to spend some time with the family!

My 2 cents on your diet: You are getting a sugar rush from the fruit, but not enough carbs to keep you from being on the verge of ketosis. Here is what I would do at a minimum: 1. eat less fruit; 2. Add 1/2 cup of rice or sweet potato with each meat meal; 3. Log your f0ood in a food journal (I use Fitday.com; others like Livestrong Lance Armstrong's site).

If you really want to nail this here is how to approach it: You should be getting 1.5-2g per day of protein per lb of lean bodyweight. So if you are at 15% BF and (for argument's sake) weigh 200lbs you have a LBM of about 177lbs. You should be consuming 260g to 360g protein per day. If you decide to shoot for 260g to begin with, that is 4Kcals per g or 1,040Kcals of your total diet.

If you calculate your BMR and maintenance diet to be (let's say for argument's sake) 2,500Kcals. For bulking you should go above that amount by about 500Kcals to begin with. So after subtracting your protein Kcals, that leaves about 1,960 Kcals. If we assume you will get at least 100g fat, unless you are extremely careful, you will use up 900 Kcals on that, leaving about 1,060Kcals. Carbs are 4Kcals per gram. So you will need to consume 265g of carbs for your bulking diet.

The above are not calculated numbers and may not work for a 200lb guy. I just made them up for argument's sake, so you can see this only a rough idea of how to manage your diet. Some pros might tell you to take in more protein, closer to 2g per lb LBM, and adjust the carbs accordingly.

For cutting, go 500Kcals below maintenance, keeping protein above 1.5g per lb LBM. If you want to do a keto diet, your carbs must be below 50g and probably should be below 30g per day. I recently did a keto diet and hated it, but lost a lot of fat. I am planning to do another in a few months. Once I get below 10% bf I'll skip keto in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have a formula for calculating BMR, but you need to know your %BF.
    Last edited by woodswise; September 2nd, 2012 at 07:39 PM.

Absolutely... I am actually doing this first run to add a bit of bulk (which is happening) but to lose some blubber (Also happening)... but I am sure... absolutely, that if I had dialed in my diet a bit a better, I would have better results. Doint get me wrong, I am actually pretty happy with my results...lol I am guessing I could have done better though.

I am doing another run in November... so I will have to get this really dialed in by then... I am looking to get to about 8-10% BF as well.... then I have to gain weight (muscle) during my next cycle with Halo & Tenazone.

I have some Ostanish coming in a day or so that I will use over PCT with some test boosters and supps for the liver/organs... so hopefully through PCT and the 4 weeks after, I can get to that 8-10% and then start bulking during my next run. I fear bulking as I did it before and it took forever... I could say since now (2 years) to get it all back off due to injuries and set backs... so I am always afraid of adding too many calories at my age... you know, things dont get easier over 40, and fat sure takes a lot longer to come off...lol

On the 22nd I have to take a few days and get my elbow in a better place... I am doing ok with it... but I want to be able to push next run, so I have be damn sure it is right!

You make it sound a lot easier than I have read!...lol But I will be hitting you up on PMs shortly to see if we can work it out!!! Thanks!

Ok boys & girls... and those of you pre-op!
    Yeah, the beer cut the test and the chicken has a lot of pseudo estrogens, so I've gotten up to a B cup on the cheap.
    The expensive part will be the surgery in the nether regions. Fuck me!

Today i set another personal record for a workout weight with my seated cable rows. I will tell this weight... 195lbs. As my workout weight doing 10 sets with 7-11 reps... I am enjoying that! I started at around 130lbs. 4-5 weeks ago.
    Fuck an a, that's a good amount of weight!

I am having a problem with my Lat pull downs, in that I tried to up the weight today, and the pull down is lifting me off the bench and causing me to lose form... besides tying myself down... is there a method to doing bigger weights with this that I just do not know? I had to go back down as I was afraid even coming off the bench a couple of inches was going to kill my form. So I slowed the reps way down to add intensity.
    The gym pieces have a knee holder that you slide under. Sounds like yours doesn't have that.
    Maybe rig one up, or as an alternative, just hang a dumbell off your belt for chins. Trust me, that's a killer.

Here is a question... if I am doing this on Trenavar... does that mean I will do it on Trenazone spray as well? I already bought it... so I hope not, but something tells me I will be cramping up over Thanksgiving & Christmas...lol
    You may be fairly susceptible to cramping, so expect you will still have to deal with that since dienedione has some structural similarities to tren.

I have some Ostanish coming in a day or so that I will use over PCT with some test boosters and supps for the liver/organs... so hopefully through PCT and the 4 weeks after, I can get to that 8-10% and then start bulking during my next run. I fear bulking as I did it before and it took forever... I could say since now (2 years) to get it all back off due to injuries and set backs... so I am always afraid of adding too many calories at my age... you know, things dont get easier over 40, and fat sure takes a lot longer to come off...lol
    Careful not to try and slice up too much during PCT. It's a time you want to solidify the gains. Overly zealous cardio could eat up muscle (at a time you want to tell the body that it needs that muscle through continued training and only a moderate reduction in calories).

Absolutely... I am actually doing this first run to add a bit of bulk (which is happening) but to lose some blubber (Also happening)... but I am sure... absolutely, that if I had dialed in my diet a bit a better, I would have better results. Doint get me wrong, I am actually pretty happy with my results...lol I am guessing I could have done better though.

I am doing another run in November... so I will have to get this really dialed in by then... I am looking to get to about 8-10% BF as well.... then I have to gain weight (muscle) during my next cycle with Halo & Tenazone.

On the 22nd I have to take a few days and get my elbow in a better place... I am doing ok with it... but I want to be able to push next run, so I have be damn sure it is right!

You make it sound a lot easier than I have read!...lol But I will be hitting you up on PMs shortly to see if we can work it out!!! Thanks!
    The professional trainers I have worked with, have all told me to avoid fruit and sugary foods. Some of them say to eat no fruit. When bulking I still eat some, but not much. I am sure the reason is because fruit is fast absorbing sugar, which tends to be stored as fat.

My peptide elbow treatment was easy as can be, but it took about 2 months to resolve the problem completely.

Hey Rock!: It is crazy how hungry I am... I will do a food break down from the past 3 days... it is getting crazy... and way strange! BUT my body is starting to look so different it is crazy! (as always, thank you!)

Treed!: First, thank you... it is sometimes tough being in here with everyone lifting so much more than me... I sometimes worry that numbers are the big push. Rockoid had told me at the beginning of my run in a PM not to go crazy upping weight so that I, who is very injury prone, did not get injured at the top of my cycle. This was great advice. I spent the first two weeks watching videos on form, and trying to perfect mine with lighter weight. After week 3, I started to up my weights, if I started to lose form, I would step back down (even in the middle of sets) and make sure my form was better. I am capable of lifting more than I do in certain exercises, like Lat pull downs... but I lose form, So I try to pick a weight that is challenging, but allows me to keep form all the way through... even if I have to struggle to do so.

I cant go to a gym as there are not any around... but I have my own. When you go downstairs in my house, I have free weights, a Nautilus machine, punching bags, a ton of different bars... even my Total Gym and a treadmill... which were supposed to be for cardio, but I like doing the P90X Plyometrics for cardio... it remeinds me of being in the Army and the workouts we got there. I try to do the Ab things when I do legs, and the Plyo on days I am doing upper body. I do the P90X in the mornings... but only those two discs & the Stretch one on my off days... then I do my workout with weights in the evening... I have always been a "lift in the evening" kind of guy... not sure why, but I just cant "get up" for it in the am... I do much better later in the day!

Woodwise!: Tag your it on PMs...lol I have actually kept pretty good track of what I have been eating... which is amazing... for instance.
    Yesterday:

6:30am - Banana & 4oz of chicken breast
    8am - 2 cups of watermelon, 6oz of chicken (no skin, both light & dark.)
    around 9am - 8 oz of lean pork loin

10:30 - 38 grams of protein whey (dose & a half) & some coconut water (half a serving - 35 cals)
    between 11:30 & 12 - 2 cups black bean salad (homemade) Just raw veggies really, and 8 oz mixed chicken meat, not fat no skin.

1:30ish - 10 oz of pork loin
    3pm - 8 oz Chicken breast
    5pm - 40gram protein shake & 6 oz of beef roast, lean
    7pm - 4 oz lean fat free ham, 4 oz chicken mixed dark/light meat
    8:30pm - double sized (60 grams) Casein shake
    midnight - (Uhg I hate this meal but wake up shaking from hunger) - 10oz Chicken & lean pork loin mixed. 1 slice of deli American cheese (I know, but I am craving cheese like crazy)... and last night (Bad I know) 1 cup watermelon.

That was my day yesterday... on top of which, I did Plyo & legs&calves... and I LOST 1 pound from yesterday morning to today...lol

Technically, I ate 11 times yesterday... and I could have had 2 more meals if I am being honest... but I just got tired of chewing...lol

I did have 4 cups of green tea (12 ounces each) without anything in it, and just over 130 ounces of water.

I would love to figure out what my diet needs to be and all of the macros as well as BMR... so any help would be great!

Saw your pics of your camp in your thread... going over now for that comment!...lol
    well your diet is pretty good man. food every couple of hours is about right. maybe you are just not used to it but that's about how all of us eat man.
    i eat at 6,8,10,12,2,5,7,9,11. 2 to 3 of those 9 meals are shakes, and one is a cheat of some kind, but my cheats are pretty clean.
    i eat about 5-6lbs of meat per day, lol.

but what i do notice immediately about your diet is.........WHERE ARE THE CARBS MAN????????????....... you gotta have em' buddy. i would be hungry all day too without carbs man. make sure you eat good ones but you got to have them. the whole low carb thing is just basically starvation, that being said some are carb sensitive. but those who are carb sensitive still need around 100-200g complex carbs, from what you posted you had 0 man.
    fruit is not a "good" carb. it's ok to eat some, even everyday. i eat fruit with my bfast and post workout. 1 banana and 1 orange daily.
    but you still need at least 100+ carbs a day from, oats, rice, grits, potatoes, and some pasta or bread.

you can eat 15 times a day and with no carbs you are going to lose weight and muscle. you are basically doing a keto diet but without the fats.
    i would be dying if i did that, lol.

just try this for a few days, add 25g of complex carbs to each meal you eat and a fast digesting carb post workout.
    i eat about 4.5 times that per meal and stay at 10-11% bf with 0 cardio.

ok so i posted that before i read anything below it. ha ha.
    so wood and i are on the same page man, you have to eat carbs. cutting, bulking man it don't matter you got to have em'. less when you cut, more when you bulk, but never ever go without them. it's not healthy, safe, or anabolic.

1g per lb of body weight is good for cut.
    2-3g for bulk.

i eat about 3.5 per lb of bw, which as of this month is 805g per day man. about 100 per meal. crazy sounding eh'?
    it's just about the type of carb. sugar carbs are bad which is what fruit is but i still recommend at least one piece of fruit per day. your body does need some sugar to operate properly, but more than 60g per day is bad. a piece of fruit is about 30g of sugar.

and for cramping....... eating 0 carbs per day would make you cramp all freaking day man.

just go simple at first and add 25g of carbs per meal. only complex carbs.
    then go from there, see how you react, feel, body fat etc.....

for the lat pulldowns....
    if you dont have something to hold you down like most pulldowns do, then i would say just do pullups instead but weighted pullups.

Rockoid... you always make me laugh! I am actually looking for new equipment for November... something the Mrs. can use as well. I believe I am finally going to take the plunge and get a powertec system. I would love the big one, but there is just not enough room in my gym for it. I am going to measure my arcade & see if there is room in there... if there is, I may end up switching my arcade around with the Gym... I leave the jukebox though! If not I will get the second one down... doesnt have the "perfect" squat station, but I can still do unassisted squats with it. Unfortunately I dont have a spotter & am semi limited on space... so I have to concede to get what I need. Long way to say that the lat pull downs wont be an issue much longer I guess.

WW: I can give up my Twizzlers... but I just cant give up the watermelon. I usually do not eat it after 3pm, there have been a couple of times I have had it at 1am, but a small amount. The bananas are for cramps... which are not working... but I will tell you, I tried some whole grain rice today and my traps & lats feel a lot better. (had some with 4 meals so far)... so maybe that was the issue. I am eating very clean... wrong... but clean...lol Watermelon is my only "cheat" I have not been eating cheese either the past couple of days... I always have eaten fruit... but I get the message, I will back down a bit. Thank you!

Treed, how are you? There are no real carbs except the watermelon & banana (banana has only been a week). The black bean salad gives me some... but that is it. I have it so in my head carbs are bad... I hardly take any in... unless they are natural through veggies and fruit. On the bright side, I am getting about 2.5-3g of protein per lb of my body weight...lol This alone could explain the severe hunger. I started reading after your post... & that is what is being said. I also lost 1lb (give or take) of muscle during that time... so that sucks hard. I will start on my oatmeal (whole) in the am... God I miss it anyway! I will do rice a couple of times per day as well (I only eat brown whole grain). See if that stems the hunger and the need to wake up in the middle of the night and eat again.

You have all pointed it out, so I will give in on this... I am so paranoid about the fat gaining... it is so damned hard to get off my frame... and I am turning 42 in January... so it wont get easier...lol But with Rockoid's help with advice on the run I am doing now... the fat is coming off pretty steady... so I am going to go all in here and start this (as stated I started today). The rice was so good today my mouth WATERED when i ate it. I didnt add any oil or butter... just plain rice, and it was one of the best things I have eaten in a month...lol Go figure... guess it is my body's way of telling me something!

I just want to add... I am amazed at how much better I feel already today adding the rice. I was going through some pretty painful cramping/spasms... I have had no new ones today... the the trap spasms (which were just all day and the frikin hardest to deal with) are already subsiding... I am actually dead tired now... dealing with the pain must have taken more out of me than I thought.

You guys are AWESOME & I truly thank you for the input!

you wont gain fat from good carbs man. just sugary ones. or if you ate about 1000g a day.

they help with lifts, energy, fullness, cramps etc.....

they make me cramp but that is because i eat 805g per day, lol.

and i am grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!!!!!!

and like i said man, fruit is fine just dont get more than 60g worth of sugar from it per day.
    that's a few cups of watermelon , or 2 bananas maybe 3, or 2 oranges.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast