Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First Prohormone Log - Dewman/Trenavar

Dewman. I agree with Treed 100%. His advice matches the advice I have been paying a lot of money for from trainers & a pro.

I would like to add, it seems to me like you haven't made a decision whether to bulk or to cut. I know you are trying to bulk, but your diet looks like a cutting keto diet. If you make the changes recommended by Treed you will gain muscle, and a little bit of fat, but that is how it goes with a bulk.

My last bulk, I kept my fat gain low and figure I gained only a few pounds of fat, while gaining twice that in muscle. I also put on some water / glycogen. I figure out of 15lbs of overall gain, I gained 7lbs muscle, 3lbs fat and 5lbs water/glycogen. That was a very successful bulk, though some guys can put on more on their first time.

This bulk, I am shooting for 10lbs of muscle and a similar amount of fat/water/glycogen. I figure if I can do that three times per year, in a couple years I'll be huge and lean!

Anyway, you are getting some first rate advice here from Treed. If you follow it, I am sure you will get great results, and won't become fat and bloated.

As to the cramping, I got those when I was on a keto diet. Sucked.

As to feeling tired, when you eat carbs, your body releases insulin. After the insulin takes the carbs out of your bloodstream, you crash and feel tired. To counter that, you can eat some more carbs or get some caffeine. Just be sure they are complex carbs, which means they will digest slowly, and minimize the insulin crash.

I agree, good advice. I have actually been taking in 1/2 cup (dry) whole oatmeal in the am, and cooking a cup (dry) of whole grain brown rice every other day.
    I eat the rice with every meal until about 3pm, then I cut out all carbs.

No more cramps believe it or not!

My 16th wedding anniversary was yesterday... so the diet went out the window last night as my bride wanted to go out to eat...Italian. She informed me I was eating like a normal person... I dont argue with the love of my life when she wants things on our anniversary, her bday, or Xmas... so I had some pasta, cheese, salad (full fat dressing) and some bread. Even had some tiramisu for desert! No booze, but tons of mozzarella cheese... too much!

Soooooooo back to the diet today feeling like crap cuz I blew it... but again, sometimes you have to let go for loved ones.

Today... funny feelings in all of my muscles... would all those carbs and dairy pump my muscles? My muscles all feel really tight today... sort of like after a workout. Very odd. I have a shit ton of energy today (go figure)...lol

I also have decided to buy a Powertec WB-MS11 as soon as they have black back in stock. I have lusted after a machine like this for years... and rather than get a rack & smith machine so I can use free weights without a spotter... I am just going to get this machine and cover all bases. I will have to pick up the fly attachment, but it will come with the curl attachment and new lat pull down. Also, I like the fact that it forces you to do a proper squat... on more knee or back issues if I fuck up form.

It's more money than I want to spend... but a used one is only a couple hundred less... and for $200-$300 I would rather have new... and un sweat on...lol

Back, lats, traps... and prolly calves today. I will be doing abbs shortly as well. Time to eat some chicken and rice! woohoo!

OH! My Halo & Trenazone arrived for my next run in November. Already have them in the vintage keeper...lol I also got a supply of Ostanish for my PCT and bridge. My wife will be trying that as well. I will likely come off of it for my next run though... but we have enough to last at least that long.

That is all!...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
    I agree, good advice. I have actually been taking in 1/2 cup (dry) whole oatmeal in the am, and cooking a cup (dry) of whole grain brown rice every other day.
    I eat the rice with every meal until about 3pm, then I cut out all carbs.

No more cramps believe it or not!

My 16th wedding anniversary was yesterday... so the diet went out the window last night as my bride wanted to go out to eat...Italian. She informed me I was eating like a normal person... I dont argue with the love of my life when she wants things on our anniversary, her bday, or Xmas... so I had some pasta, cheese, salad (full fat dressing) and some bread. Even had some tiramisu for desert! No booze, but tons of mozzarella cheese... too much!

Soooooooo back to the diet today feeling like crap cuz I blew it... but again, sometimes you have to let go for loved ones.

Today... funny feelings in all of my muscles... would all those carbs and dairy pump my muscles? My muscles all feel really tight today... sort of like after a workout. Very odd. I have a shit ton of energy today (go figure)...lol

I also have decided to buy a Powertec WB-MS11 as soon as they have black back in stock. I have lusted after a machine like this for years... and rather than get a rack & smith machine so I can use free weights without a spotter... I am just going to get this machine and cover all bases. I will have to pick up the fly attachment, but it will come with the curl attachment and new lat pull down. Also, I like the fact that it forces you to do a proper squat... on more knee or back issues if I fuck up form.

It's more money than I want to spend... but a used one is only a couple hundred less... and for $200-$300 I would rather have new... and un sweat on...lol

Back, lats, traps... and prolly calves today. I will be doing abbs shortly as well. Time to eat some chicken and rice! woohoo!

OH! My Halo & Trenazone arrived for my next run in November. Already have them in the vintage keeper...lol I also got a supply of Ostanish for my PCT and bridge. My wife will be trying that as well. I will likely come off of it for my next run though... but we have enough to last at least that long.

That is all!...lol
    Hell yeah they would! Extra sodium and carbs will def pump you up. Congratulations on 16 years, that's great.

Hey thanks Canucklehead... answers a few concerns I had today...lol

Is Canuckle a reference to Captain Canuckle?...lol

Hey thanks Canucklehead... answers a few concerns I had today...lol

Is Canuckle a reference to Captain Canuckle?...lol
    Canuck + knucklehead, as I am Canadian and stubborn.

LOL, I go up to Sherbrooke all the time to get chocolate & Doritos for the family. They dont sell Jalapeno Cheddar in the states anymore... at least not around here. Just some yucky jalapeno popper flavor.
    I was real disappointed they started adding caffeine to the Mt Dew up there... was a great way to let my son have some and not get overloaded with caffeine.

Nizoral is 2% up there & no script needed too! Man I love Canada! (dont love the taxes up there though!...lol)

LOL, I go up to Sherbrooke all the time to get chocolate & Doritos for the family. They dont sell Jalapeno Cheddar in the states anymore... at least not around here. Just some yucky jalapeno popper flavor.
    I was real disappointed they started adding caffeine to the Mt Dew up there... was a great way to let my son have some and not get overloaded with caffeine.

Nizoral is 2% up there & no script needed too! Man I love Canada! (dont love the taxes up there though!...lol)
    WTF?!!? That's not right. One place I used to work at had lots of Indian employees, the machine in the break room had Tandoori Chicken doritos and chili masala chips.

yeah buddy carbs will make you full and tight all day, give you energy, and make the cramps go away.
    glad you are taking in some carbs now .
    The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten

Okay... I have two rounds of workouts left (about 10 days).

I am very happy with this and how it is going! I will also be upping my weight again on arms today for the last time. This will be the weight through my last 2 arm days.

I will be taking "after" BF, weight, measurements, & pics and posting all of that around the 23rd. As well as my before info/pics.

Wanted to take a moment and reflect... not for everyone here, but in the chance that someone reads this and they are going to consider doing a first time run of prohormones.
    This was my first run, and these are some things I believe may help people... especially older guys trying this for a first time.

First... no matter what you think you know, listen to the major theme on this board... diet it the biggest/best thing you can do on any run. I found out the hard way that if your diet is not dialed in, it can cause problems... painful ones. Also, you may as well do it right if you are going to do it. You are putting your body through some real stuff here internally, not to mention the time, money etc... be serious and dialed in so you get everything you can out of this.

2. Nizoral. Now, at 41 I am running both Nizoral every other day (wash, rinse, lather and leave until the shower is over... then rinse again) and I also run Minoxidil. My hair is actually fuller and MUCH better than it was before I started. I have had such great luck with the Nizoral I have the 2% coming from Canada. I have small hairs coming in where my hairline was receding & my bald spot is almost completely gone. (Nice side effect!). Check the research... if you are over 30... get and use the Nizoral.

3. Shower every day. I know it sounds stupid... but you need to get rid of the oil build up in your hair and on your face. You are playing with hormones here... showering daily (at night) helped me greatly with overnight acne/pimples.

4. Find a buddy... or two. Someone you can confide in off board. There will eventually be things you need to ask that you may not want to ask publicly. I found that guy and I have bugged the crap out of him for advice. It doesnt hurt either to show your appreciation for all their time and advice by picking them up a bottle of something. Ostra, Test booster, Halo... anything to show you are thankful to have been walked through things.

5. Start a log. People will come in and say things... some you will like, some you wont, but it is all advice from people that have already done what you are doing. Keep an open mind... understand you do NOT know everything, nor have you experienced everything... take the advice... it's free!

6. GUM GUM GUM. You will need sugar free gum to help with your rotten breath. All this meat gives your mouth a special kind of smell. Keep a pack of gum with you at all times so you do not kill the people you are talking to. Especially your wife, girlfriend or boyfriend. You dont want them to associate your new muscles with ass breath!

7. You cant be too careful. I took way more protective supplements than I was told I needed... You only get the one body... protect it... take from an old dog, you want everything functioning when you hit my age... protect it. Doesn't make sense to spend $150-$200+ on a prohormone run and only $25 on protection. Do yourself a favor and outspend your run with protective supps. Your body will thank you for it.

8. Give your body what it craves. Even if it is off diet. I'm not talking pizza and fruit pies... If your body is craving cheese & sunlight... you need vitamin D... eat a little cheese and go out and get some sun. Sometimes you need something sweet... fruit... sometimes you need veggies... listen to the ole body and if it is "unprocessed" or natural, and our body wants it... give it some... there is a reason it is asking for it.

Nothing outlandish ... just some small tips I noticed while making my run here, now that I am headed for the clubhouse.

I can honestly say... I have not felt this good in a couple of years... and I am sad this is coming to an end as I know I am going to start being tired all the time again after the run is over. It sucks hitting 40+ I was so tired all the time before the run, I had ZERO energy... the past 5-6 weeks I have been my old self again... not the 20-something self... but how I was in my early 30's... ten years ago. I cant believe how much like myself this made me feel! I wish I could keep it going... but all good things must come to an end. I will be doing an 8 week PCT

This will be:
    Erase
    Titanium XL
    Ostanish (SARM)

I will kill the Titanium after 4 weeks... run 4 weeks clean with just some Creatine, Ostanish, & Erase. Then Nov. 22nd, I will be running Trenazone & Halo.

I am going to use the Ostanish during PCT to try to cut a little while keeping my gains. Going to dial in my diet and see if I can get to about 10% BF before the next run.

I am buying a leverage gym in the next week or two so that I can do free weights without a spotter. Has a REAL Squat station!!!... cannot wait!!!!

That is about all. Just doing some reflection before I head down to do Biceps and Legs.

Will keep updating until I post all the after stuff... again, these were just some thoughts I was having!

damn i posted a lengthy response to your post but refreshed the page before posted it.

good post.

don't get discouraged about the energy thing. if you keep the diet on track your energy levels will stay pretty high, hormones play a part but diet and training play a bigger part.
    keep training and eating right and you will still feel good.

test replacement should be in your thoughts .
    just something small, you don't have to be bodybuilder. but 200mg a week or something would be good for you. 1, 10ml vial would last 10 weeks and that is about 30$. one year of test replacement would be less than $200.
    just an idea, safer, stronger, cheaper.

glad you wrote a log, hope you do again.

The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten

Hey Treed... thank you.

To be honest, my Dr. isnt going to give me any script for test. I had my blood done and I am still withing "normal" ranges... even if it is just barely. I think I am 50-ish points inside the "normal range"... but that range is like an 800 point spread. No idea why he wont, but I think he thinks I am too young... which is funny cuz half the time I feel 80!...lol

I may have to look into other sources... but this, this made me feel really good again, so I hope it continues. I am not going off diet... and my new gym actually arrives today! So I will be staying with all of this.

Very excited the new gym gets here today!

Thanks for the advice Treed! (as always)

He wasn't talking about a prescription costing $30 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by woodswise View Post
    He wasn't talking about a prescription costing $30 . . .
    LOL I figured.

Gaw Damn! I go off on a drunken stupor and miss out on a lot of posts here.

Anyway, good work!

LOL, Rockoid!

Okay, being serious... no idea where to get any kind of injectables like test. Against board rules to ask as I understand it. Might be something i would consider if the pins were small enough...
    When i was a kid I had really really bad asthma. I used to get rushed to the hospital 3-4 times per year. (This is why I have issues taking most creatine, feels like my lungs are filling with water). When I would get there, they would have me breathe out of a tank and give me injections that took 45-90 seconds to get completely in. Blood would run down my arm, and every time the needle moved it hurt like hell. But the serum was so thick, they needed big needles and it took time.

Since then, not the biggest fan of needles... it's silly, but even at 41 (nearly 42) that shit still gets to me. Been 30 years, you would think I would be over it by now.

Anyway, if I could get clean stuff, and small enough pins, I may be able to get my wife to pin me. She has no issues with that type of stuff...lol My only fear with that is during PMS (YIKES)

On a side note. I usually get 100% Gold Whey by Optimum Nutrition. I have always liked it... but is there something better out there? I am getting ready to order again, and if there is something better, I would consider it... otherwise, more Tropical punch!...lol

Okay, Today starts my last four days of lifting on the prohormones.
    It feels weird & a little sad... though I am looking forward to the Ostanish I will be running in my PCT! I am wondering how that will affect me!

Anyone know if I ran Erase correctly? Is that supposed to be done on cycle or during PCT? I assume it was done right with it on cycle... but I am wondering because of how it is listed on a particular site.

I will finally be setting up my Powertec WB-MS11 today! I bought it used so I need to hose it down a bit. Has a few dings & scrapes, but for $700 I couldn't say "No" I also got a nice weight tree & about 120lbs of weight with it, so I had to go to Dicks and get another 300lbs of Olympic weights, and that ran me about $200. So I am into this thing for about $900 now. But I have a proper squat rack I cant get hurt on, I can use all free weights during PCT and my next run, and I have just over 400lbs. I am happy if it goes together and works for me! I really like this one as it has the triceps pull down extras, and the curl attachment as well.

Popped my old gym & punching/speed bag set up on Craigslist and am hoping to offset the cost of the extra weights when those sell. If I could be at $700 for all the weights, curl attachment, the tree and the gym... I would be very happy.

I have to get on maintenance shortly, so expect an email Woodwise...lol

So, here we go... let's hope I have made the progress I think I have made over the past 6-7 weeks and it is noticeable!
    Going to be pushing hard this coming week. Doubt I will be upping any weight as I just did a round of upping last week... I usually like to run with that a couple/several weeks before upping again. It could actually be a long time here if the Ostarine/Ostanish doesnt do what it claims!...lol

I will take a picture of the gym when/if I get it all set up today... have to clean out the old gym stuff, clean the area, move some of my pinballs out of the home arcade and into the current gym, cuz the Powertec will only fit in that back of the arcade area downstairs... so I guess it is going to become a "slash" gym area! Good news is that is where my 1962 Seeburg is... so I can listen to some 70's rock during my workouts...lol

ears0002.jpg

On a side note. I usually get 100% Gold Whey by Optimum Nutrition. I have always liked it... but is there something better out there? I am getting ready to order again, and if there is something better, I would consider it... otherwise, more Tropical punch!...lol
    Many choices using the custom blending at TN: https://www.truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx

(the "premium" flavors are the best IMO)

Snoop around the web for 10% off discount codes if you go this route.

Good to see you have the carbs worked out also. On that note...I like to use the oat poweder (along with a small amount of protein) as a post training recovery shake.
    http://www.truenutrition.com/p-955-s...arch-1lb.aspx?

Incidentally, try to minimize regular ole` white bread. It can produce an insulin response quicker than sugar. Stick to chunky 7-12 grain dark breads.

Anyone know if I ran Erase correctly? Is that supposed to be done on cycle or during PCT? I assume it was done right with it on cycle... but I am wondering because of how it is listed on a particular site.
    Well the tren is strong stuff. Prevention is still vastly superior to treatment after the fact so I don't think you can go too wrong running it during and a couple weeks after.

I will finally be setting up my Powertec WB-MS11 today! I bought it used so I need to hose it down a bit. Has a few dings & scrapes, but for $700 I couldn't say "No" I also got a nice weight tree & about 120lbs of weight with it, so I had to go to Dicks and get another 300lbs of Olympic weights, and that ran me about $200. So I am into this thing for about $900 now. But I have a proper squat rack I cant get hurt on, I can use all free weights during PCT and my next run, and I have just over 400lbs. I am happy if it goes together and works for me! I really like this one as it has the triceps pull down extras, and the curl attachment as well.
    You're gonna enjoy that equipment!

So, here we go... let's hope I have made the progress I think I have made over the past 6-7 weeks and it is noticeable!
    Look at the big picture. Compare the last few years of brutal workouts along with the injuries. Now contrast that with your last 5-6 weeks. Which was the more effective period?

I will take a picture of the gym when/if I get it all set up today... have to clean out the old gym stuff, clean the area, move some of my pinballs out of the home arcade and into the current gym, cuz the Powertec will only fit in that back of the arcade area downstairs... so I guess it is going to become a "slash" gym area! Good news is that is where my 1962 Seeburg is... so I can listen to some 70's rock during my workouts...lol
    Looking forward to the pics!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast