Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Contest Prep: Fat loss

Question Contest Prep: Fat loss

Has anyone found that no matter how much cardio they do or what nutrition program they follow or fat burner they use...the fat loss during contest prep is about the same? (ranging from 500g to 1 kg per week....ie 0.5 pounds to 2 lbs).

The right diet and cardio makes a big difference IMO.

Bottom line though is to create a calorie deficit and to eat very clean.
    Strictly Business

Question

Hi,

Sure the right diet and training makes a difference...what I am saying is that once you get on your diet and you are doing your training.....has anyone noticed that it does not matter how much they change their cardio or supplementation...the fat or weight loss stays about the same...ie...one week you can do 30 min cardio and the next 60 min cardio but your weight loss will stay about 1 to 2 lbs per week regardless of how much cardio you do or what supplement you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by ricphoenix View Post
    Hi,

Sure the right diet and training makes a difference...what I am saying is that once you get on your diet and you are doing your training.....has anyone noticed that it does not matter how much they change their cardio or supplementation...the fat or weight loss stays about the same...ie...one week you can do 30 min cardio and the next 60 min cardio but your weight loss will stay about 1 to 2 lbs per week regardless of how much cardio you do or what supplement you are on.
    I honestly have never run into this. After so many weeks of contest prep I have weeks that I don't lose any weight. At that point, I either increase cardio or make cuts in my diet. This will then allow me to drop some additional weight. It also seems to continue to lean me out.

Guess everyone is different when it comes to contest prep.

Best of luck in your upcoming competitions. Peace.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by drjoe View Post
    I honestly have never run into this. After so many weeks of contest prep I have weeks that I don't lose any weight. At that point, I either increase cardio or make cuts in my diet. This will then allow me to drop some additional weight. It also seems to continue to lean me out.

Guess everyone is different when it comes to contest prep.

Best of luck in your upcoming competitions. Peace.
    Have you found that there is a particular range of weight that you can drop? For example you said some weeks you drop none and then increase your cardio and you continue dropping more...but have you noticed there is a particular range in weight that comes off...no matter what you do? So your range might be 0.0 to 2 lbs per week

I am starting to think that the body has a set point of how much weight it will let you drop in a short period.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by ricphoenix View Post
    Have you found that there is a particular range of weight that you can drop? For example you said some weeks you drop none and then increase your cardio and you continue dropping more...but have you noticed there is a particular range in weight that comes off...no matter what you do? So your range might be 0.0 to 2 lbs per week

I am starting to think that the body has a set point of how much weight it will let you drop in a short period.
    I seem to run into this also but a little differently if I increase my cardio and reduce my calories the weight drops off much faster (3-4) pounds a week, but I tend to fall off the wagon after a couple weeks then I eat like crazy for a few days, then when I get it back together I only lose 1-2 for the next couple of weeks I think it averages to about 2 pounds a week. It probably would be better if I stayed on a steady pace.