Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Mars Landing May Be A HOAX

Bro Scientist

Default Recent Mars Landing May Be A HOAX

In this article I have some questions as seems the writer. Given the technology available all over the world now from micro HD cameras to HD audio, why would the US send a rover to Mars with a LOW RESOLUTION CAMERA? Why is the US using BLACK AND WHITE PICTURES when color photos would reveal a whole lot more? Better yet why not have sent up a Black and White as well as COLOR camera? Something to hide? How come viewers of the photos have remarked that the supposed Mars looks a lot like the Mojave Desert in the US? Could it be that it is? Remember the supposed MOON LANDING and the revelation later of the landscape being filmed in Nevada, film footage showing people walking around on the moon without a suit and in regular clothes, film footage showing guide wires on the astronauts to make them appear to be in weightlessness and worst of all the MYSTERIOUS ERASING of film footage when the public began demanding the ORIGINAL FILM FOOTAGE due to questions about honesty. We may have another HOAX here. Nice way to take taxpayer money by claiming to have gone to Mars at a cost of BILLIONS when they at best only went to the Mojave Desert in the Mars case and the Nevada desert in the Moon Landing.

Scientists: Martian crater where Curiosity rover touched down looks ‘Earth-like’

View Photo Gallery — Rover Curiosity touches down on Mars: NASA’s rover Curiosity touched down deep in a Martian crater after a picture-perfect descent and landing, beginning what promises to be one of the most ambitious planetary missions in history.

By Associated Press, Published: August 7 | Updated: Wednesday, August 8, 6:40 PM

PASADENA, Calif. — The ancient Martian crater where the Curiosity rover landed looks strikingly similar to the Mojave Desert in California with its looming mountains and hanging haze, scientists said Wednesday.

“The first impression that you get is how Earth-like this seems looking at that landscape,” said chief scientist John Grotzinger of the California Institute of Technology.

NASA Curiosity’s ambitious Mars mission: NASA’s sedan-size Mars rover landed safely Monday on the Red Planet and will begin its search for the building blocks of life.

Explore the mission to Mars

AUG 6

Curiosity is equipped with a full array of instruments aimed to determine if the Red Planet was ever capable of support ing life.

Overnight, the car-size rover poked its head out for the first time since settling in Gale Crater, peered around and returned a flood of black-and-white pictures that will be stitched into a panorama.

It provided the best view so far of its destination since touching down Sunday night after nailing an intricate choreography. During the last few seconds, a rocket-powered spacecraft hovered as cables lowered Curiosity to the ground.

In the latest photos, Curiosity looked out toward the northern horizon. Nearby were scour marks in the surface blasted by thrusters, which kicked up a swirl of dust. There were concerns that Curiosity got dusty, but scientists said that was not the case.

“We do see a thin coating of dust, but nothing too bad,” said Justin Maki, imaging scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, which manages the $2.5 billion mission.

Scientists were giddy about the scour marks because they exposed bedrock below — information that should help scientists better understand the landing site.

Since landing, Curiosity has zipped home a stream of low-resolution pictures taken by tiny cameras under the chassis and a camera at the end of its robotic arm, which remained stowed. It also sent back a low-quality video glimpsing the last 2 1/2 minutes of its descent.

The rover successfully raised its mast packed with high-resolution and navigation cameras. With the mast up, it can begin its shutterbug days in force including taking a 360-degree color view of its surroundings as early as Thursday.

Grotzinger said he was struck by the Martian landscape, which appeared diverse. There seemed to be harder material underneath the gravelly surface, he said.

“It kind of makes you feel at home,” he said. “We’re looking at a place that feels really comfortable.”

Mars, of course, is very different from Earth. It’s a frigid desert constantly bombarded by radiation. There are geological signs that it was a warmer and wetter place once upon a time. One of the mission’s goals is to figure out how Mars transformed.

After sailing 352 million miles and eight months, Curiosity parked its six wheels near the Martian equator where it will spend the next two years poking into rocks and soil in search of the chemical ingredients of life. It is the most expensive and ambitious mission yet to Mars.

Its ultimate destination is a mountain towering from the center of the crater floor. Preliminary estimates indicate Curiosity landed four miles away from the base of Mount Sharp, thought to contain intriguing signs of past water — a starting point to learning whether microbial life could exist.

Before the one-ton, nuclear-powered Curiosity can start roving, it has to undergo several weeks of tedious but essential health checks.

Since it was too heavy to land using traditional air bags, it used a heat shield, parachute, rockets and cables. An orbiting spacecraft spotted the discarded spacecraft hardware, including the ballast weights that were shed soon after atmosphere entry.
    LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by HERCULES1X View Post
    In this article I have some questions as seems the writer. Given the technology available all over the world now from micro HD cameras to HD audio, why would the US send a rover to Mars with a LOW RESOLUTION CAMERA? Why is the US using BLACK AND WHITE PICTURES when color photos would reveal a whole lot more? Better yet why not have sent up a Black and White as well as COLOR camera? Something to hide? H

What are you talking about?
    The Mars rover is sending back high resolution color photos.

http://www.nasa.gov/home/index.html
    Curiosity Sends 1st Color Panorama of Gale Crater

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/6...-full_full.jpg

PrunaGrow.com
    The only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!
    Promo Code: Oldfartrep#1

Muscular Development Forum Rules

"How come viewers of the photos have remarked that the supposed Mars looks a lot like the Mojave Desert in the US?"

Because the Mojave Desert looks a lot like Mars.

PrunaGrow.com
    The only Myostatin inhibiting geriatric Follistatin peptides that I trust 100%!!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

But that does look a lot like a dessert Bowden...

"when they at best only went to the Mojave Desert in the Mars case and the Nevada desert in the Moon Landing."

FYI:
    Part of the Mojave Desert is in southern Nevada.
    Maybe 'they' should spend more time studying geography than conspiracy theory.

PrunaGrow.com

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    What are you talking about?
    The Mars rover is sending back high resolution color photos.

http://www.nasa.gov/home/index.html
    Curiosity Sends 1st Color Panorama of Gale Crater

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/6...-full_full.jpg

Did you miss this part of the article above

Since landing, Curiosity has zipped home a stream of low-resolution pictures taken by tiny cameras under the chassis and a camera at the end of its robotic arm, which remained stowed. It also sent back a low-quality video glimpsing the last 2 1/2 minutes of its descent.

What would the government gain by orchestrating such a hoax?

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    "when they at best only went to the Mojave Desert in the Mars case and the Nevada desert in the Moon Landing."

FYI:
    Part of the Mojave Desert is in southern Nevada.
    Maybe 'they' should spend more time studying geography than conspiracy theory.
    So Bowden have you been to Mars to be sure what we are seeing and being told is really MARS adn not the Mojave or some other desert area?

Look at this MOON HOAX video

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

I swung by and checked it out, its the real deal......
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Get to an observatory and look for yourself.

Rocks and dust look like rocks and dust? Unbelievable!
    "Hallelujah, holy-shit!! Where's the Tylenol?!"

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOPATH II View Post
    What would the government gain by orchestrating such a hoax?
    NASA who perpetrated this project would gain BILLIONS claiming it went to the Mars, when it actually may have gone only as far as the Mojave desert. Lets say the project would have cost 10 Billion to get to mars but would only cost 100 Million to fake in teh Mojave. So they fake the mission, bill the US government BILLIONS and pocket the difference.

One time I was in the forest in Germany and I said "This looks a lot like the forest in Wisconsin" I never figured out the mystery of the terrain. I still think the Army tricked me with a fake 8 hour flight just so they could pocket my time.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    One time I was in the forest in Germany and I said "This looks a lot like the forest in Wisconsin" I never figured out the mystery of the terrain. I still think the Army tricked me with a fake 8 hour flight just so they could pocket my time.
    They tricked you into being a cop also. They did the same to one of my best friends.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Herc, you must waste a lot of energy being so skeptical of everything!

Oh before I forget, have you heard the rmours that the Olympics is not real? Aparrently it's all staged, if you look closely at the far away shot of the crowds in the stadium you can see they've actually just copied a large group of people so it appears like there are thousands of people there. Supposedly what we are watching now was filmed a couple of years ago at a few different undisclosed locations.

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    They tricked you into being a cop also. They did the same to one of my best friends.
    I have like 5 best friends from the military, 4 are police.

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Herc, you must waste a lot of energy being so skeptical of everything!

Oh before I forget, have you heard the rmours that the Olympics is not real? Aparrently it's all staged, if you look closely at the far away shot of the crowds in the stadium you can see they've actually just copied a large group of people so it appears like there are thousands of people there. Supposedly what we are watching now was filmed a couple of years ago at a few different undisclosed locations.
    Skepticism keeps a person from being a VICTIM...sadly some people like being VICTIMS.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by HERCULES1X View Post
    Skepticism keeps a person from being a VICTIM...sadly some people like being VICTIMS.
    You're right, but there would be many people that go through life without knowing that they are 'victims'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast