Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2300 Here we come !!!!

Eric Spoto just barely, and I mean fucking barely, missed his 3rd attempt. It was so close, too. This kid is a sick, sick bencher and he'll do it in the future.

Very close for spoto. Today just wasn't his day. Bad that the loaders got the weights wrong twice, thank god it was spotted before the weight was lifted. I hope the 85 year old is ok after losing the bar, absolutely sick that he benched 107kg!

Damn, talking about letting the wind out of the sails. All that hype and they both fell short.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Can't believe both Spoto and Efferding bombed, lots of people saying how Spoto looked really nervous and not as confident as the KOB meet a few weeks back?

Stan must have been going in with an 'all or nothing' attitude to open up with a 903 squat, feel bad for both of them. Congrats to Lilliebridge for his WR, awesome. Anyone know how Urbank went?

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

crazy.
    I didn't even get to see the live stream so I hope there are no injuries.
    hopefully Mark does a good "post show" power project with all the details...
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Can't believe both Spoto and Efferding bombed, lots of people saying how Spoto looked really nervous and not as confident as the KOB meet a few weeks back?

Stan must have been going in with an 'all or nothing' attitude to open up with a 903 squat, feel bad for both of them. Congrats to Lilliebridge for his WR, awesome. Anyone know how Urbank went?
    That's why you open up with something you know you can hit. That way it gets you on the board. I'm surprised Efferding did that since he was going to try to set the world on fire with that 2300.

With Spoto that was the biggest concern.... can he do it in a meet b/c he's really only done it in a gym where he's confident/comfortable.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

A few vids from the meet...

Brandon got a 2,204 total I believe.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

He just missed that 903 but according to Marke Bell he nailed an 859 WR.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I hope Claymore will chime in and give his perpective of what went down over the weekend

Spotter

not gonna lie little dissappointed, but stan an eric will be back and breaking wr very soon, seems like they both had an off day.

Perhaps he wasn't recovered from that meet and that's why he didn't perform as expected?

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    Perhaps he wasn't recovered from that meet and that's why he didn't perform as expected?
    I would say that Eric may have done too much too soon. 700 at the KOB may have sapped him a little, but then again attempting 700 at the KOB lets him know where he's at. So if Eric hadn't attempted 700 at the KOB I'm not sure how confident he would have been going for 716, but he may have been fresher. Regardless, I think the thing that hurt Eric the most was opening with 716. He's only done one meet prior to this so 716 as an opener may have been a little much. I personally think 675 as an opener and then 716 for the 2nd attempt would have been a good plan. I understand that he was going for the record so he was either gonna get it or he wasn't. However, a 675 opener that he nails calms his nerves a little and I think he has more confidence going after 716.

I do think that Eric's biggest weakness is his lockout. Off his chest he's killer. Board presses and chains should get him over the hump. Regardless, I wish him luck and I can't wait to see what he can do next time.

Quote Originally Posted by zzmacman View Post
    I would say that Eric may have done too much too soon. 700 at the KOB may have sapped him a little, but then again attempting 700 at the KOB lets him know where he's at. So if Eric hadn't attempted 700 at the KOB I'm not sure how confident he would have been going for 716, but he may have been fresher. Regardless, I think the thing that hurt Eric the most was opening with 716. He's only done one meet prior to this so 716 as an opener may have been a little much. I personally think 675 as an opener and then 716 for the 2nd attempt would have been a good plan. I understand that he was going for the record so he was either gonna get it or he wasn't. However, a 675 opener that he nails calms his nerves a little and I think he has more confidence going after 716.

I do think that Eric's biggest weakness is his lockout. Off his chest he's killer. Board presses and chains should get him over the hump. Regardless, I wish him luck and I can't wait to see what he can do next time.
    Yes, I agree with this. I don't compete, but even I know, you should always use a lighter opener to make sure your on the board. That's what they do in olympic weightlifting all the time.

I may be wrong, but I've noticed in a few of the vids posted on here, that when spoto benches in the gym, he sometimes doesn't come all the way down to his chest, and sometimes doesn't pause, which he'd have to do in competition, so I think, maybe, that could have something to do with it too?? Maybe??

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

nah, he killed 700 a couple weeks ago. I'll wait for an "official" vid from claymore, Eric or Bell but I would guess 700+ that many times in two weeks was just a bit much.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

I hope Claymore will chime in and give his perpective of what went down over the weekend
    Just wanted to say thanks to all the support given to us and we're very sorry that things went they way they did.....now on to the good news. WE"RE COMING BACK HARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna take a little break and just rest a little and then it's on with everything we got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan and Eric have never felt that feeling of failure and all it's gonna do is push us that much harder to do what we set out to do 14 weeks ago. We timed warmup wrong as **** for Stan, his last set was 700 for squat and then we jumped all the way to 903 (Terrible Move) we wanted to do an 800, 850-875, 903 but the two hundred and three pound jump was just not a good move....it won't happen again !!!!!! Eric was there all day and should've not come until it was time for him to bench, the third bench was perfect but he was shot after the first two attempts. We're extremely sorry to everyone that drove down to see history in the making, but make no mistake....We're not through !!!!!!!!!!! On a lighter note it was great to meet the whole Lilliebridge posse they travel at least 10-12 deeeeep lol We got something in the making with them out in there neck of the woods so keep your ears tuned. Air Hickson is by far the fastest puller in the WORLD !!!!!!!!! his speed is unreal, Stan and I sat and watched all of them warming up for deads and everyones style is so different, but Hickson is just unreal with his speed. Pete Rubish, what can I say he lived up to what he's famous for....INTENSITY !!!!! like no other, that guy has no stop in him !!!! Hit a PR in the squat and almost blacked out lol. Brent Willis floor speed is BONKERS ???? Brent had a great day, set a PR in the bench and pulled very well. Vince Urbank, landed on the 3rd came straight from airport to ST and pulled lol who does that ??? last but defnitely not least "Babyslayer" I was standing 2 ft. from him when he pulled that 865 and he had it locked out and the speed was great as well, but his hands just fell apart. George if your reading this....Once we figure out the hand thing, you've got a 900lb pull in you !!!!!!!....I'll keep you guys updated with training for the next meet.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior View Post
    Yes, I agree with this. I don't compete, but even I know, you should always use a lighter opener to make sure your on the board. That's what they do in olympic weightlifting all the time.

I may be wrong, but I've noticed in a few of the vids posted on here, that when spoto benches in the gym, he sometimes doesn't come all the way down to his chest, and sometimes doesn't pause, which he'd have to do in competition, so I think, maybe, that could have something to do with it too?? Maybe??
    Regarding the pause, there was a video of him a month or so back where for his last set he hit a crazy 500 x 17 ~ the last couple of reps showed him doing a massive, overly long pause. I don't think that's a major issue for him IMO.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast