Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2300 Here we come !!!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to all the support given to us and we're very sorry that things went they way they did.....now on to the good news. WE"RE COMING BACK HARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna take a little break and just rest a little and then it's on with everything we got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan and Eric have never felt that feeling of failure and all it's gonna do is push us that much harder to do what we set out to do 14 weeks ago. We timed warmup wrong as **** for Stan, his last set was 700 for squat and then we jumped all the way to 903 (Terrible Move) we wanted to do an 800, 850-875, 903 but the two hundred and three pound jump was just not a good move....it won't happen again !!!!!! Eric was there all day and should've not come until it was time for him to bench, the third bench was perfect but he was shot after the first two attempts. We're extremely sorry to everyone that drove down to see history in the making, but make no mistake....We're not through !!!!!!!!!!! On a lighter note it was great to meet the whole Lilliebridge posse they travel at least 10-12 deeeeep lol We got something in the making with them out in there neck of the woods so keep your ears tuned. Air Hickson is by far the fastest puller in the WORLD !!!!!!!!! his speed is unreal, Stan and I sat and watched all of them warming up for deads and everyones style is so different, but Hickson is just unreal with his speed. Pete Rubish, what can I say he lived up to what he's famous for....INTENSITY !!!!! like no other, that guy has no stop in him !!!! Hit a PR in the squat and almost blacked out lol. Brent Willis floor speed is BONKERS ???? Brent had a great day, set a PR in the bench and pulled very well. Vince Urbank, landed on the 3rd came straight from airport to ST and pulled lol who does that ??? last but defnitely not least "Babyslayer" I was standing 2 ft. from him when he pulled that 865 and he had it locked out and the speed was great as well, but his hands just fell apart. George if your reading this....Once we figure out the hand thing, you've got a 900lb pull in you !!!!!!!....I'll keep you guys updated with training for the next meet.
    Awesome min-review, thanks Claymore

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

thanks c!
    Glad to see there were no injuries.
    and look forward to the next batch of updates and vids!
    with all the hype going into this one and then the outcome... I can only imagine the fire is hotter than ever.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Sometimes all it takes is for you to taste 'failure', really gets you motivated to resettle the score.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    thanks c!
    Glad to see there were no injuries.
    and look forward to the next batch of updates and vids!
    with all the hype going into this one and then the outcome... I can only imagine the fire is hotter than ever.
    The FIRE is out of control !!!!! lol we're coming out hard as FUCK this time !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Sometimes all it takes is for you to taste 'failure', really gets you motivated to resettle the score.
    So true my friend, there's no way I'm letting Stan go out like this.....NO WAY !!!!!!! He's been to good of a friend and I don't wanna hear later on in life how I should've not let him stop. It's a feeling that will haunt him forever and that's not anything I would wish on anyone !!!! FAILURE is not an option.

Regarding the pause, there was a video of him a month or so back where for his last set he hit a crazy 500 x 17 ~ the last couple of reps showed him doing a massive, overly long pause. I don't think that's a major issue for him IMO.
    Yes, but it's one thing pausing with 500lbs and pausing with 700+, even though that was amazing as fuck!!! It was just an observation and just something I was wondering that might have been part of the reason. But as a few have said, it maybe just that pressing 700 twice, that close, is what could have been the cause. Who knows. I've no doubt, that as claymore said, it won't happen again, and can't wait to here when they've "done it!!!!"

Here's some sick highlights from the meet - later on around 16:30 there's footage of the warmup room for deads with all the 800lb+ pullers... it's pretty crazy

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior View Post
    Yes, but it's one thing pausing with 500lbs and pausing with 700+, even though that was amazing as fuck!!! It was just an observation and just something I was wondering that might have been part of the reason. But as a few have said, it maybe just that pressing 700 twice, that close, is what could have been the cause. Who knows. I've no doubt, that as claymore said, it won't happen again, and can't wait to here when they've "done it!!!!"
    Eric just had an off day, we've started to regroup and we'll be fine...I look at it like this, we know how the feeling of defeat is now and it's not a pleasant one let me tell you. So we're gonna make sure it don't happen again !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Eric just had an off day, we've started to regroup and we'll be fine...I look at it like this, we know how the feeling of defeat is now and it's not a pleasant one let me tell you. So we're gonna make sure it don't happen again !!!!!!!
    I know that, and I'm sure you won't. Great to hear. I wish you all the best, and can't wait to hear when you've all done it. We're all rooting for you. Good luck and all the best.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Thanks for the video Boro, will check that out. Mark Bell was saying the warmup room for the DL's was outta control!

Thanks for the video Boro, will check that out. Mark Bell was saying the warmup room for the DL's was outta control!
    The DL warmup room was BONKERS !!!!!!!!

Here's Erics last warmup with 675....

hows he feelin now?

hows he feelin now?
    He's more focused than I've ever seen him !!! This needed to happen, sometimes to get where you need to be you gotta taste sum humble pie !!! He's tasted it and he doesn't like the taste at all !!!!! LOL There's no doubt the next time he get's on the platform whatever the current record is at the time ?? He'll beat it !!!

I agree.
    I know he's got the record in him but I also think he may have been going just a bit too hard toward the end there. Going 7+ as frequently as he did is going to take it's toll. I recall one vid (maybe the 705 single) where he appeared to be "working"... and I was thinking, huh... usually when he racks a weight it looks like he had another few pounds or another rep in him and that particular vid made me think he was getting close.
    Can't wait to see him finally get it though!

Hope Stan has his head on right too! I am sure he wasn't too pleased either.
    Should be some great training in the next few months!

When is the next comp for you guys claymore??

I agree.
    I know he's got the record in him but I also think he may have been going just a bit too hard toward the end there. Going 7+ as frequently as he did is going to take it's toll. I recall one vid (maybe the 705 single) where he appeared to be "working"... and I was thinking, huh... usually when he racks a weight it looks like he had another few pounds or another rep in him and that particular vid made me think he was getting close.
    Can't wait to see him finally get it though!

Hope Stan has his head on right too! I am sure he wasn't too pleased either.
    Should be some great training in the next few months!
    Stan is fine, we sat down and put together a SOLID plan. We trained for 14 weeks straight (which was to long at the level of intensity) all we need is about 8-9 at the max. We doing a few things different and we'll be putting up some new videos soon of our training....stay tuned !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior View Post
    When is the next comp for you guys claymore??
    We've got one or two in our sights but don't know which one yet ??? I'll let you guys know as soon as we decide.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast