Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with 8X Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman!

Ronnie I noticed on your dvd relentless that a few weeks out from the olympia in 2006 your back workout had been altered. You were using light weights (for you)and i was wondering when about did your back start to bother you to the point where you couldn't train heavy? Because I noticed in the off season portion of that dvd you were still doing heavy rows but no deadlifts, had you stopped deadlifting at that point? And if not when did you stop doing deads?

Quote Originally Posted by swiftriz View Post
    ronnie ever think the saying "yeah buddy" would be so big all over.. i hear people on tv shows now saying it. thats awsome!!
    I noticed the same thing. Should have trademarked it lol

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    How long did you play Football for? And why no college ball? Don't tell me you cheer for the Texans?
    he played in college...for grambling state...in Louisiana...SWAC conference

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOf1 View Post
    Didn't mean it as an insult big ron. I and many others just found the picture funny. Just wanted to know if you might have wrote it as a joke or to troll someone who was clearly ignorant lol.
    I don't take it as an insult, however, it's an insult if people really think that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by mackdaddy567 View Post
    Ronnie could you post some pictures of you from the 2003 olympia from your own personal collection? That year you looked crazy and got me interested in bodybuilding. It would be great to see some pre contest photos for that show or some from the stage. They are hard to come by. I bought an old flex mag off ebay just to see some shots of you from that show.
    Yes I will. I have tons of personal pics I'm going to share. Need a few day though

Quote Originally Posted by bennq View Post
    Hi Big Ron, see you in Jakarta in November, you will be there, won't you? i want you to sign my MD magz just like in ur avi
    Greetz from Indonesian fans
    Didnt know what you were talking about for a second but yes I'm coming to Indonesia and I'm super excited... Heard nothing but good things and RCSS is killing it over there! YBLWB

Quote Originally Posted by destinywin View Post
    Ronnie - how did you know when to change it up?
    Did you always just do the same split .. something like Monday chest.. Tuesday back.. wednesday rest.. thursday friday saturday etc? Also I know you stuck to the big exercises.. but did you ever hit plateus? I'm just curious because I'm constantly trying to change it up.. drop sets.. forced reps.. high volume.. but sticking to the main type of program (5 x 5) that makes me grow.. I'm just wondering if hitting heavy bench and heavy deads on your chest back days ever caused you to stall progress wise.

Also.. did you enjoy the routine of waking up.. getting in the cardio.. then eating.. going to lift.. and then going to work? I know you said that was your routine for something like 12-14 years...

Also do you think being a police man facilitated your lifting? It would seem like a big benefit to knowing during your workout that after this your going to have to go into the police station and put people in line.. so why not getting a big pump going and get psyched up.
    Ungortunately your nit going to like this answer.. I didn't have to switch it up. My body worked better with consistency. And I ain't going to fix it if it's not broke lol.. I lifted heavy 365.

And no.. But I did go into work everyday wondering whose ass am I going to whip.

Quote Originally Posted by yair2210 View Post
    Really cool to see you post here Ron! definitely a legend.
    just wanted to say that you are probably the best bodybuilder ever and a cool down to earth guy too , I don't see "another" Coleman in the near future.

what do you think about Cedric Mcmillan? does he have the chance to became Mr O'?
    Thanks bro .. Hes got talent. Change your pic

Quote Originally Posted by NFMuscle View Post
    Big Ron, what does your car collection consist of these days? You had some nice rides in the bfto videos.
    Collection??? Lol. I sold everything my friend. I have my 07 escalade left. I needed money to start my supplement company.. Sometimes you have to go all in... We are in 95 counties in less than a year so I hope to build that collection back up. Probably not the answer you were expecting YBLWB

wat up big ron, first let me say thanks for the motivation you gave me a couple of years ago when i met you. how long do you think phil will hold on to the sandow?
    Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Big RONNIE! Great to have you here, I am glad MD finally listened and started doing stuff with their athletes for the fans. Thanks for taking the time to do this RONNIE!

My question is, back in the day when you guys did the crazy back to back to back to back Europe Grand Prix tours.. I know there were some crazy stories from what you guys did and went through.

Can you share a story or experience regarding some of the craziest things that happened with you and your fellow competitors?

Thank you!
    Dude I seen some crazy stuff... Bb wise craziest thing that happened to me was from Kevin. We had a show the following day and he mentioned that wine dried him out so I listened to him and had a couple of glasses..... Next thing I know I won! I lost every show to him but won that show

Quote Originally Posted by milestrong View Post
    It would be great if you have pictures Ronnie, something that until now has never been seen before

Yblwb
    I got tons of stuff.. I'll post them soon but adina wants it in another sectiin

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    How long did you play Football for? And why no college ball? Don't tell me you cheer for the Texans?
    Dude I played for gambling under Robinson. The best coach in college football... And hell no I'm a cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by pound4poundbeast View Post
    wat up big ron, first let me say thanks for the motivation you gave me a couple of years ago when i met you. how long do you think phil will hold on to the sandow?
    Honestly no idea... But best of luck bro

This is a great Q and A.
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
    Yes I will. I have tons of personal pics I'm going to share. Need a few day though
    Thanks so much Ron, means a lot to me, I'm a big fan, you got me into bodybuilding. That 2003 look you brought was the best physique to ever grace the stage. I saw a video of you in singapore in 2010 and you were ripped and big. I think looking like that you can do some damage at a masers show. Hope to see you back up there Big Ron. You'll always be the greatest in my eyes!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    This is a great Q and A.
    Awesome aye, not wanting to sound like either a teenager or an ass-kisser but this kind of interraction is priceless.

I just hope Ron sticks around, some Pro's post on here for a while and then just disappear never to be seen again. Yates comes to mind there lol. But saying that, I know some people aren't into the internet and all this technology stuff and that's fine.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast