Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Evan Centopani Sound Like An Ass In This Video?

^^^
    Posted that while holding back tears.
    ​RED DRAGONS

Wow this thread has really gone to shit since I left.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Exactly. Most people appreciate a great physique. Why would anyone want to cover up all their hard work. I'm sure many people do. But I don't bodybuild to gain others appreciation, respect, approval, admiration etc etc.

It's really weird. Evan seems like the most reluctant bodybuilder I've ever heard. Reluctant to show off in public in order to gain a feeling of approval or to impress others? Yes. Reluctant to do all that I can to "promote" myself? Yes. Ideas and products should be promoted. I don't feel that people should promote themselves...in my opinion it makes you look foolish. Some might argue that as a bodybuilder (a professional no less) I am a product and therefore should promote myself. People are not products. People are people.It's almost as if he's trying to sound like he's the opposite of what he does. I'm a bodybuilder. That's pretty straightforward. I do what I feel is necessary to build my body. I then display what I hope will be an improved version of myself. Unfortunately, the only place to do this is on a competitive stage. Truth be told, competition is my least favorite part of what I do. Sorry if you don't like how that sounds.To me he just comes across ridiculous. My apologies. I don't think anyone buys it. That's good because I don't have anything for sale.He was a fat little kid and he wanted to look awesome. So he started lifting. True. But what you fail to realize is that I do it for myself. I don't do it for you, my fans, my sponsors or anyone else. What's wrong with that? I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I wonder if someone made fun of him for doing it so he's trying to overcompensate. Hahahahaha...you obviously don't know me very well.

All the best.
    I do MMA and train my ass off for months. Then I get my reward. I get to fight. It's my favorite part of the entire process. I can't fathom a professional athlete dreading the best part... the game.

And please don't say it's different. I better myself through practice. Acquire new techniques, get stronger, faster, not unlike a bodybuilder training for a show (which I've also done). But in the end the display of all that hard work (in the ring or octagon) is a thing a beauty. I feel the same about the bodybuilding process.

With all due respect if you do it for just for yourself, as you so vigorously claim, why don't you just pose in the basement of your house alone? Quite bodybuilding if you're so unhappy... seriously, if you just like to lift and better yourself just do that. No on wants you to be unhappy.

All the best to you as well.

^^^
    Ouch
    ​RED DRAGONS

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Lol at these fanbois. Some people fail to comprehend that Evan, and every other bodybuilder in the world, is/are not special. They are regular guys abd gals. Some are cool, some think they are more than they are, some you'd want chill with, some you'd want punch. Point is, they are people. I think these kids and muscle schmoes have some very skewed perception of them. Like they lift weights for their ”fans”. Get fucked you creepy little bastards...
    evan would be the first to admit this. he does not think he is special and is grateful for everything that bodybuilding has given him but knows that at the end of the day he is just like every other guy out there training and eating 6 meals everyday just better at it. he knows what is actually important in life like family the way you treat others and morals.

i met evan about 3-4 years ago when i was just getting into this shit and fuck was he a cool dude. me and my buddies sat there and just talked bullshit the entire time followed by some retarded supplement questions which im sure he just loves answering 1,000 times at every expo he goes to but he did to the best of his knowledge and kept it real by telling us that all you need is viatimins and maybe bcaas all the other shit for the most part is just that shit. anyway he talked to us for about 2 hours while still signing pictures and taking photos for anyone who asked before he went on to guest pose.

point is evan doesnt act like he is better than anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFire View Post
    Wow this thread has really gone to shit since I left.

I do MMA and train my ass off for months. Then I get my reward. I get to fight. It's my favorite part of the entire process. I can't fathom a professional athlete dreading the best part... the game.

And please don't say it's different. I better myself through practice. Acquire new techniques, get stronger, faster, not unlike a bodybuilder training for a show (which I've also done). But in the end the display of all that hard work (in the ring or octagon) is a thing a beauty. I feel the same about the bodybuilding process.

With all due respect if you do it for just for yourself, as you so vigorously claim, why don't you just pose in the basement of your house alone? Quite bodybuilding if you're so unhappy... seriously, if you just like to lift and better yourself just do that. No on wants you to be unhappy.

All the best to you as well.
    because he can make a decent living for him and his family bodybuilding. he might not like the contest aspect of bodybuilding but it doesnt mean he is miserable he seems like a pretty damn happy guy to me

Spotter

Evan has fans because of the way he is. He doesn't owe his fans anything. Personally, I love how simple Evan is in his lifestyle. He eats, cooks and sleeps like any other bodybuilder. He doesn't have a Twitter or Facebook with tonnes of self promotional photos or Products he is trying to promote. He is a human, does things for himself and nobody else. If you are not bodybuilding for yourself, what the fuck are you doing it for.

You, so clearly, have a need to feel accepted. You aren't special. Nobody cares about you.

Hope this helps.
    haha this is so good. its so funny because its true no one is special. be your own hero.
    political correctness is for hypocrites!

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

Basically, this.
    What if you're the kind of guy they like to cuddle with?
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    i love your posts. your brain is working.
    Thanks bro.

I point out that your writing skills are lacking, so you post a gif. Very witty...
    You're one depressing mother fucker aren't you? I was trying to lighten the mood by joking with you.

Geez settle down there killer, I'm sure you're a good writer and everyone thinks you're super smart.

Quote Originally Posted by sammysosa20 View Post
    every bb wants attention thats usually a reason why they start lifting..just like you by postin that pic as your avi (not sayin theres anythin wrong with it either)
    That's what I'm saying. It sounds tough to say you just do it to better yourself, and I'm sure that's part of it, but it's not the only reason. And I'm calling people out!

Quote Originally Posted by mandor View Post
    he doesn't sound like an ass. he sounds like a man with an opinion. since when did it make you an ass to have an opinion on something? freedom of speech is great!

also, bodybuilding and animalpak videos are not your guide to life. it's just a cool art project documenting this guy: how he trains, wat he eats, his opinions and outlook on life, etc.

he's not an ass.
    Good point. I respected Evan, so maybe I took the video too personal. Like he said he was talking about himself and no one else. I might have been projecting a bit here .

Quote Originally Posted by romant56 View Post
    I personally agree with what Evan said but honestly, who gives a fuck? He's a bodybuilder. Are you going to live your life according to what Evan Centopani thinks?

Best of luck to Evan at the Olympia and it's good to hear a bodybuilder make a controversial statement.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    Zero Fire must be small. Everyone knows that once you're big enough, it doesn't matter what you wear, you look big. Why perpetuate douchebag stereotypes. Most everyone who is big thinks like this, unless you're a douchebag. I agree with everything he says.
    I am incredibly small. Right now 6 foot 260.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    You really must be an obese fat kid behind a computer. As you can see your thread failed... Pretty much everyone agrees wit Evan Twinkie boy
    I must have struck a nerve with you. You just keep trying to insult me. The point of this thread isn't to have everyone agree with me. I wanted to know what everyone thought. But that was before I heard you speak.

Keep lifting big guy. Maybe soon you'll be able to reach the counter top in your avatar and use the big boy soap.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdn View Post
    Evan has fans because of the way he is. He doesn't owe his fans anything. Personally, I love how simple Evan is in his lifestyle. He eats, cooks and sleeps like any other bodybuilder. He doesn't have a Twitter or Facebook with tonnes of self promotional photos or Products he is trying to promote. He is a human, does things for himself and nobody else. If you are not bodybuilding for yourself, what the fuck are you doing it for.
    Normally I do too. I just felt like he took it a bit far this time.
    Last edited by ZeroFire; September 9th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
    I think the lesson we learned today is that bodybuilders aren't big teddy bears filled with millions of gallons of love. They are normal people that love what they do, just like any other sport, hobby, profession, etc.
    gay alert..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    Go get them boy, fetch!
    pics faggot..

you said you would in the other "turn pro" thread..

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    gay alert..
    <3.
    ​RED DRAGONS

gay alert..
    Says the guy with the naked oiled up guy in his avvy....
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt View Post
    Says the guy with the naked oiled up guy in his avvy....
    Wolf is not gay bro.. Nick Trigililili is..

Wolf is not gay bro.. Nick Trigililili is..
    So why, in your heterosexual manlyhood, would have have another naked man represent who you are?
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

you said you would in the other "turn pro" thread..
    PICS.......????
    All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

Quote Originally Posted by °º©SIL©º° View Post
    ahahahahahahaha lol o jesus lmao. wow

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast