Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Like action movies?

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=70931

TRON Sequel Closer To Becoming A Reality! Disney Hires Jesse Wigutow To Rewrite The Script

Let's pretend I had a budget of around $175 million to go make a movie. Then that movie went on to generate just over $400 million at the worldwide box office. So with that bit of info, would you say I had a hit movie or a flop? You have a hit movie of course... unless you're Disney's Tron: Legacy which for some odd reason has the word "flop" pinned to it far too often. Sure the film wasn't the monster hit that Disney was hoping for and outside of some neat special effects, a groovy soundtrack from Daft Punk, the story was a complete mess. But! It made money. And since it made some serious dough it shouldn't be a big surprise that Disney has taken another step forward in making Tron 3 a reality.

The Hollywood Reporter reports (lol), that the Mouse House has hired Jesse Wigutow ("Peter and the Starcatchers") to rewrite a script originally penned by David DiGilio ("Eight Below").

Not for nothing, but when your biggest weakness was a shaky script, maybe you shouldn't hire two guys that have as many writing credits as I have parking tickets (7 total). Realize your weakness and bring in a seasoned scribe to at least give you a base to work with, right? Either Disney knows something I don't know or they think they can wow audiences again with neon light cycles. Too bad we've already seen that one trick pony.

Besides that, Joseph Kosinki, will be back to direct Tron 3. He helmed 2010's Tron: Legacy which starred Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Jeff Bridges.

As of right now little is known about the plot of the third Tron movie, but back in April of 2011 Joseph Kosinki did share his plans at that time, of course a lot could've changed in over a year.

"I think we will pick with where Tron: Legacy left off with Quorra (Olivia Wilde) in the real world and what does that mean and the possibilities it opens up for the next chapter. It’s that relationship between the two of them that’s the next step."

He also envisioned Cillian Murphy having a much bigger role in the film as opposed to his brief cameo as Ed Dillinger's son. Which you can view in the video above.

Dillinger was a really important part of the first film and felt like an easy way to continue that storyline and thread to have his son in the new movie. That way you have people ask those questions of what the Dillinger legacy is in the world of TRON. We didn’t want to ignore it completely and it leaves a really nice springboard for some intertwining development for the next film."

Amateur Threat

Amateur Threat

The international version

Amateur Threat

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71101

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS IMAX Footage Details Hit

Today a few lucky folks got to see the 9-minute IMAX prologue of J.J. Abrams highly anticipated Star Trek sequel. The director asked those in attendance not to go into too much detail, but we have a brief outline for you here if you're interested. There are some mild SPOILERS

First off, the general consensus seems to be a very positive one, and I haven't heard from anyone who wasn't thoroughly impressed by what they saw. By all accounts the 3D/IMAX experience went over very well, and there was a surprisingly light tone to the footage screened, as Abrams wanted to assure fans that there would still be a sense of fun to the film despite the title, and the pretty gloomy announcement teaser we saw the other day. Another thing to note is that the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's villain is still unknown, despite appearing in the prologue and actually being asked outright who he is by another character. Anyway, the most revealing breakdown I've seen came from the guys at Cinemablend, so have a look at what they had to say..
    "The first half of the footage begins with Noel Clarke and Kayla Hassan as parents visiting their sick child – who appears to be losing her hair – in the hospital. We see Cumberbatch come up from behind Clarke while he is standing on a terrace grieving and the mystery man says, “I can save her. I can save your daughter.” As an extra tease, Clarke actually asks Cumberbatch who he is, but instead of getting an answer we just get a slow zoom on the Sherlock actor’s face. So we know that his character has some kind of healing ability – whether he’s a doctor or it’s something supernatural – but we remain in the dark about his actual name.

That part takes up all of two minutes, leaving the rest of the footage to focus on the crew of the Enterprise – Abrams’ really living up to his word in that respect. As seen in the trailer that was released this past week, Kirk (Chris Pine) and Bones (Karl Urban) are down on a strange planet with weird red plants running for their life while Uhura (Zoe Saldana), Sulu (John Cho) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) are flying around on a hovercraft somewhere else on the same world dealing with an erupting volcano that threatens to destroy everything on the planet (this also happens to be the scene where Spock is wearing the volcano suit that we got to see not only in on-set photos but also the three-frame clip that Abrams brought to Conan last month). It’s an interesting way to re-introduce the characters, as they are seemingly three-quarters through a mission we know very little about, but it’s definitely thrilling and by the end the stakes are so high that you become immediately engaged with what’s going on."

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71116

UPDATED: New Image From STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Released

UPDATE: According to Coming Soon, Paramount Pictures claims that the name of Benedict Cumberbatch's character in the film is John Harrison, which is probably a misdirection as they will try to keep the real name a mystery.

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71140

Brenton Thwaites And Nicola Peltz To Join Mark Wahlberg In TRANSFORMERS 4

According to Twitchfilm, Transformers 4 has found its pair of young co-stars to battle Decepticons alongside Marky Mark. Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) is said to have beat Isabelle Cornish, Gabriella Wilde and Margaret Qualley for her role, while Thwaites (soon to be seen in Maleficent) was up against the likes of Luke Grimes, Landon Liboiron, Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish. Apparently Peltz will play Wahlberg's teenage daughter, and Thwaites her race car driver boyfriend. How super awesome does that sound? The story will revolve around the Transformers blowing up The Great Wall Of China or something.

Amateur Threat

Amateur Threat

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

I don't know if It qualifies as 'action' but Lawless was great.

Amateur Threat

Amateur Threat

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71338

20th Century Fox Reveals Worldwide Release Dates For THE WOLVERINE

Directed by James Mangold and starring Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Hiroyuki Sanada, Tao Okamoto and Svetlana Khodchenkova, The Wolverine is set to hit theatres on July 26, 2013.

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71344
    UPDATE: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS IMAX Preview (Low-Res)

Please set your phasers to stunning! Hit the jump in order to check out a low-resolution version of the exhilarating nine minute IMAX preview for JJ Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness.

Amateur Threat

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71419

Jackie Chan To Appear In THE EXPENDABLES 3

With Lionsgate's The Expendables 2 being another box office success, work is moving forward on a third installment in the series which teams up various action stars from the past and present. It was recently reported that Nicolas Cage, Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes were all being sought to join the threequel, with Clint Eastwood saying that he probably won't be in it. Afterwards, it was rumored that Cage was confirmed to be in the film, but then it was reported that Sylvester Stallone "had no knowledge" of the Ghost Rider star joining the cast of The Expendables 3. Now, we have one actor confirmed to be signed on: Jackie Chan.

At a press conference promoting his new movie CZ12, Chan confirmed that he will be in the next Expendables movie after being offered a role by Stallone. "Sly had invited me to be in "Expendables 2" but I was too busy filming "CZ12" and couldn't make a commitment to the film. But he did extend his invitation to the third movie, which I agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes," he said. He also told Stallone that he hoped the threequel would "run along the lines of a 'buddy-buddy' movie if he's in it, to which Sly obliged. The Expendables 3's script is currently in the works. To see what Chan has to say about some of his other upcoming projects, including Rush Hour 4, click the source link below.

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/ne...072400081.html

Amateur Threat

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71435

Michael Bay Denies TRANSFORMERS 4 Script Leak And Casting News

Early this morning, the script for Paramount and Michael Bay's fourth Transformers movie, which has Mark Wahlberg set to star, allegedly leaked online. I won't go into detail about what the script contains, so click HERE if you want to know what it features. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Bay has taken to his official website to report that the script currently going around online is NOT the real screenplay.

"Some Internet sites this morning reported that some document recovery guy has found a legitimate 120 page script of Transformers 4. I can absolutely 100 percent say this is completely false. The only two people in the world that have our unfinished script are Kruger and myself. Also we are only up to page 70 in our T4 script. Maybe this guy has a cartoon or something else – but definitely not our movie!"

Also, earlier this month, it was reported that young actors Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) were cast as Wahlberg's character's daughter and her race car driver boyfriend, respectively. On December 6th, Bay also denied this on his website. "Actor announcement on some web sites last night about Transformer cast joining Mark are completely false."

With filming set to begin in May, Transformers 4 is set to hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71412

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast