Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Rhoden: Next Mr Olympia or Lucky SOB? Commentary by Shawn Ray

Default Shawn Rhoden: Next Mr Olympia or Lucky SOB? Commentary by Shawn Ray

It was barely a year ago that Shawn Rhoden competed in the Mr. Olympia and missed the top 10 final placings— leaving some people to state he “may” have potential one day to be a “good bodybuilder” in a contest like this. However, Shawn had other ideas of what he wanted people to think of his potential— and he displayed them at the 48th Annual Mr. Olympia for the world to see...

iWarrior

Next Olympia hopeful for sure. I can't discount Cedric.

Freak of Nature

Great read and advice to Rhoden.

Rhoden is awesome and Shawn gave some excellent critiques and FREE business advice. Shawn was spot on that once Rhoden improves his arms and chest, and I feel back thickness as well, he could make a run for the top prize.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Does Rhoden win the Arnold next year? Assuming Kai doesn't do it, he has to be the front runner right now right? The Arnold is really shaping up. Hopefully it'll be Rhoden vs Cedric vs Evan vs Wolf vs Dexter. That's a hell of a top 5 right there.
    Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Great read and advice to Rhoden.
    Thanks big homie!

Iron Addict

I wanted a case to be made for him to win the '12 O! The back needs to come up though. Due time, he was out of the game for a bit and now he's catching back up! Congrats on 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by jpz13 View Post
    Does Rhoden win the Arnold next year? Assuming Kai doesn't do it, he has to be the front runner right now right? The Arnold is really shaping up. Hopefully it'll be Rhoden vs Cedric vs Evan vs Wolf vs Dexter. That's a hell of a top 5 right there.
    Might not be. I heard if Wolf wins the Arnold Madrid he'll be qualified for the O so I doubt he'd go for the Arnold Classic in the US.

Also sound business advice from Shawn regarding branding himself. He and every other top 6 athlete can take a page from Shawn's book regarding this.
    ‎"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't" ~ Iron Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOf1 View Post
    Might not be. I heard if Wolf wins the Arnold Madrid he'll be qualified for the O so I doubt he'd go for the Arnold Classic in the US.
    That's a hell of a paycheck to skip out on.

That's a hell of a paycheck to skip out on.
    That also cuts into his off season in which he could be using to improve for the Olympia and get a higher placing there. If he cuts for the Arnold Classic US and doesn't win it, he won't even have the momentum going into the Olympia. He'll be seen as washed up if he places lower than top 3 at the Arnold.
    ‎"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't" ~ Iron Mike Tyson

The Arnold Classic is a prestigious show but I'd like to see Shawn skip it. He can improve more if he just focuses on next years Olympia. I agree that he would be the front runner if he did decide to do the show. I don't think we'll ever see Kai do the Arnold again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    The Arnold Classic is a prestigious show but I'd like to see Shawn skip it. He can improve more if he just focuses on next years Olympia. I agree that he would be the front runner if he did decide to do the show. I don't think we'll ever see Kai do the Arnold again.
    I hear you, but Rhoden has a much better chance of winning the Arnold than improving on 3rd at the Olympia next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Shawn said himself he gets better and better the more shows he does so it works in his favor if he does the arnold.

I hear you, but Rhoden has a much better chance of winning the Arnold than improving on 3rd at the Olympia next year.
    Yeah you have a point. With Cutler coming back I'm sure the judges will automatically bump him down a spot no matter how much he improves.

very good read, and sound advice.

Definitely earned his placing. Won't be dethroning Phil within the next year but has the tools to be as good as he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_29 View Post
    Shawn said himself he gets better and better the more shows he does so it works in his favor if he does the arnold.
    I think a few PROS would learn more about their bodies doing a few more shows in a year and learning how to peak properly. The Mr.O was Rhodens 5th show of 2012 and he got BETTER as he went along with an incredible 3rd place finish at sow of shows...the Mr.O. He's doing the SHERU, show #6 and maybe the EURO ARNOLD and British Grand Prix....shows #7 and #8 WOW!!! Thats what lots of greats from the 90's did and we all know they were some of the BEST conditioned guys ever. Let that be a lesson to all the PROS who think they need to only compete once a year and yet they don't place too well.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast