Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PL Meet Prep!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

From the weekend just gone...

Chasing my raw competition PB's now which are S264 and B231. Should get them, still have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    From the weekend just gone...

Chasing my raw competition PB's now which are S264 and B231. Should get them, still have plenty of time.
    You gotta focus on that squat. It should be up where your pull is. Check out your shins/knees. They're shooting WAY to far forward. You need to be sitting back more and not sitting down.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    You gotta focus on that squat. It should be up where your pull is. Check out your shins/knees. They're shooting WAY to far forward. You need to be sitting back more and not sitting down.
    Yeah, I gotta try and get my arse out and open my hips more. Definately my focus is to continue to bring this up now, I'm not worried about my bench or deads. Thanks

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

weight is holding steady. (216.4 today)
    squats and deads tonight. Easy though, some light sets of 4s (hopefully easy).
    diet is off for the next 4 days but I won't go too crazy. Lots of stuff going on here for the lil guys Bday so I am not going to stress over food. Monday morning I will be right back at it.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Cant sleep lol

go GIT SUM!!

Good luck bro!

Thanks homie. Weighed in and got my openers listed.

Have a few guys from YouTube here that are experienced. I know them from my videos so their helping me a ton with when to warm up and all that shit.

w York state junior record for bench is 335 in the 220 junior. My openers 340. Haha.

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

Foot to ass Austin.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Report:

Some good things happened and some bad or at least things I would change for next time.

I enjoyed the lifters there. Made a lot of friends. Got a lot of help from more experienced guys with warm ups setups etc.

Hit an easy 405 and then 445 squat. Real deep, fast reps especially 405. At this point my glute is hurting so I pass on third attempt to save for deadlifts.

I bomb all 3 bench attempts which really was dissapointing and put a damper on my confidence. First attempt I lift my head off the bench as I lower the bar, press the weight easily and get DQed for head off the bench.

Second attempt I bump up weight, I thought I heard the judge give the start, but he didnt and I realized so I went down an inch, went back up, got the start but got DQed for going up and down.

Last attempt I was burnt.

I foam roll the glute, hit 555 and 585 on deadlift. It's a grinder and that's it.

---

Other mistake, getting 2 hours of sleep the night before which left me exhausted for 10 hours there.

Again I loved the people there and the atmosphere and will pan another meet soon. I got the feet wet, learned from some mistakes and have some easy PRs to beat next time.

Big shoutout and thank you to the guys that made this possible. Sorry I didn't do anything crazy, but the opportunity was great. I'll see if my friend got some vids.

Bummer about the bench Austin. That's why it's good to get the experience though. Guy at my last meet got DQd for the head lift as well. I would say the biggest mistake was going up in weight on the bench for the second attempt. Even though you got the first one easy, should have left the weight the same for attempt 2 just to get a number on the books.
    I know you are planning on switching gears already but you should think about finding another one that is SOON just to get a good total under your belt. Now that you have joined that fed and got a singlet only cost would be the meet itself. Just something to ponder.
    The big question... Glad you did it??

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
    Big shoutout and thank you to the guys that made this possible. Sorry I didn't do anything crazy, but the opportunity was great. I'll see if my friend got some vids.
    It was for you bro, not us! Nothing to be sorry about.
    and yes, get up some vids or even pics!

Definitely glad I did it, and will be doing another, I think next March, same location.

Bench was a mistake. If I did not DQ I would have come first even with the 340 bench (opener).

Unfortunate though cause lifting my head does nothing...But rules are rules.

March would be great. I think that is when my next one would be as well although it's not posted yet...
    Thinking of running Wendlers 5/3/1 until then (although with me that could change in 5 minutes! LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    March would be great. I think that is when my next one would be as well although it's not posted yet...
    Thinking of running Wendlers 5/3/1 until then (although with me that could change in 5 minutes! LOL)
    Haha yea I change my mind a lot too at times.

What was nice at this meet is a few older lifters and spectators saw my frustration on bench and talked to me about it with encouragement and offered advice etc.

I met up with some guys from youtube. One deadlifted 670, the other squatted 545, benched 380 and deadlifted 650 in the 198....Both great guys, a few years older than me, late 20s, and had great help. Got me fired up before deads. And hopefully I can grab some workouts with them when I am back on long island.

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

That's awesome! Sucks about the disappointments but still awesome. I'm glad you did it.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
    Haha yea I change my mind a lot too at times.

What was nice at this meet is a few older lifters and spectators saw my frustration on bench and talked to me about it with encouragement and offered advice etc.

I met up with some guys from youtube. One deadlifted 670, the other squatted 545, benched 380 and deadlifted 650 in the 198....Both great guys, a few years older than me, late 20s, and had great help. Got me fired up before deads. And hopefully I can grab some workouts with them when I am back on long island.
    That's awesome. They'll be able to help you in your weaknesses and it's always better to lift with a group than by yourself. That's what I miss the most switching gyms.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast