Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: working weight bench vs squat vs dead lift

either cooking, eating, sleeping or crapping

Default working weight bench vs squat vs dead lift

I use pretty much the same weight for all of them on my heaviest sets, just wondering where everyone else is. Seems odd to me they are all the same.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

it is odd.
    I'm into PLing but even in BBing I would assume the squat and DL would be higher than the bench.
    My working weight is usually % based but my best singles are S-555, B-425, DL-675 (gym lifts, not in comp), so my working weights would lower obviously but still much different between the 3.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Probably should get all of your affairs in order and say your goodbyes.

Quote Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
    I use pretty much the same weight for all of them on my heaviest sets, just wondering where everyone else is. Seems odd to me they are all the same.
    No disrespect but that is odd....my max squat is just a little better then my deads but way above my bench. Ive never done a single best on squats but i could get a few at 495. I can get a single 495 on deads but 300 or so on bench. Thats at 220-230lbs
    All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

either cooking, eating, sleeping or crapping

why would it be disrespectful?? i said i thought it was odd.

I agree with the post that deads should probably be my strongest. I did bust up both my hands a few years back and holding on to heavy weight is a problem. I have been using straps lately and this is helping tremendously so it wouldnt surprise me if my dead lift shot up.

My physique is pretty balanced and I train everthing with equall intensity so Im not really worried about it just wanted to hear others opinions.

My deadlift used to be twice my bench press.

why would it be disrespectful?? i said i thought it was odd.

I agree with the post that deads should probably be my strongest. I did bust up both my hands a few years back and holding on to heavy weight is a problem. I have been using straps lately and this is helping tremendously so it wouldnt surprise me if my dead lift shot up.

My physique is pretty balanced and I train everthing with equall intensity so Im not really worried about it just wanted to hear others opinions.
    Some people are sensitive.....lol I try not to offend.
    All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

does seem kinda odd...deads are by far my best, followed by squats, then bench

is your 1RM the same for all 3?

Banned

Dude wtf? You are so imbalanced, your squat and deadlift is supposed to be the same, yes, but your squat and deadlift should be a LOT more than your bench, basically a good ratio is, if you can bench 315x4 reps, you should be able to squat and deadlift 315x20 reps, that would be excellent balance

Banned

Legs are WAY more powerful than arms, most people can squat and deadlift way more than what they can bench

Banned

Rule of thumb, an excellent powerlifter can bench twice his body weight, and squat and deadlift 3 times his body weight. If a powerlifter can lift even more than that, that's even more impressive. If your total is 10 times your body weight that's really outstanding and few have ever reached that level

you are probably just really good at benching, or really bad at squatting/ deadlifting. hope this helps.

lol
    Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

Nobody

I deadlift about twice what I bench, squat is somewhere in between. I never max.

Quote Originally Posted by swollix View Post
    I deadlift about twice what I bench, squat is somewhere in between. I never max.
    That's pretty spot on.

Was squatting the same as what i benched for the longest time. Now it's more, but deadlift is by far the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    My deadlift used to be twice my bench press.
    if my deadlift was twice my bench i would be a real good lifter.

I've known all sorts of people who squat and dead close to the same or one is higher than the other, typically dead is higher. I have met no serious lifter who benches what they dead. you must do crossfit.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast