Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 187 of 191 FirstFirst ... 87137177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 3,163 to 3,179 of 3235

Thread: 2012 MR. OLYMPIA FINALS - LIVE PLAY-BY-PLAY w/Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Peter McGough!!

Beach Body

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Peterson View Post

These pics show what I meant.

Forum Leader: Chemical Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOf1 View Post
    I agree Phil edged it out last night but please get off his jock. Prime Ronnie Coleman would make short work of Phil heath. Stop acting like he's the best thing that's ever walked onto an olympia stage.
    I never said I thought Phil was the best Olympia, but any priase he gets is well deserved. I stand by my statement that I don't think I have EVER seen anyone look quite like Phil did at last nights final comparisons.

Ronnie at his "best" would've defeated Phil, but I do believe Phil would've defeated Ronnie on his bad years, of which there were a few, particularly in 2002, when a leg-less Kevrone should've defeated a flat and relatively smallish' 246 lb, 6 foot Ronnie. Phil weighed the same as Ronnie did that year (at 3 inches shorter)...AND Phil's condition was superior to Ronnie's in 02'. I think you're mkaing a mistake if you think any version of Ronnie would've handed Phil his ass. Not happeneing. Only Ronnie's best years would've convincingly beaten Phil.

It is funny to me that you're actually irritated that I am praising Phil, especially when it is rightfully due. Sorry of that bothers you, but I love BB'ing and the Mr.Olympia is my favorite time of the year. I don't beloeve any compliments I've given Phil were undeserved.
    www.IronMagLabs.com Discount Code: MIKE15

"Mike Arnold Coaching"...PM for details.

Kai can outmuscle Phil, it s just that he was down in size a bit to achieve the condition he displayed. Nonetheless, Phil is an outstanding Mr.O and deserves the 2012 title. Kai should rethink his two versions of his MM, both of which make him look small compared to Phil. Kai beats Phil in the FDB, RDB, RLS,side chest, and also the AB/Thigh, and the 2011 NY pro version of Kai could potentially have dethroned Phil. Next week in Sheru Kai gets
    another shot, and this rivalry is far from over. The war has only begun...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    You're absolutely right. The ONLY one who is going to dethrone Phil (if he keeps coming in like this) is a monster...someone who is significantly bigger (which will be hard because Phil carries a ton of muscle for his frame)...attains Heath-like condition...and also possesses balance. Such a BB'r will not necessarily have to have the best shape, but he will have to be an utter beast of a man. I don't see this happening any time soon.

The only man I can reasonbly see potentially beating Heath in the next few years is Cedric McMillan....because of his massive genetic potential. NO ONE...and I repeat...NO ONE has the genetics of Cedric McMillan.

Wolf:
    As much as I love Wolf, I don't think he will ever beat Phil. At this point, we know he will not be able to completely balance out his physique. You can't fill in areas where there aren't enough muscle fibers to do it. I do think he has the "potential" to place as high as 2nd ONLY if he adds another 20-25 lbs of pure muscle to his physique "proplerly" and gets in great condition, but this will be extremely hard to do and honestly, I do not think he will do it. He is already close to his mid-30's and I don't see what more he can do to add another 20-25 lbs of evenly distributed mass. It would take something very special for Dennis to accomplish this...something he is lacking right now.

Kai:
    He could potentially beat Phil, but I personally don't see it happeneing, especialy if Phil gets any better. I can see Kai continuing to place 2nd for the next several years though. Phil would have to be worse than he was this year to lose to Kai. I don't see Kai getting any better than he is now, but if he does, it will be by a very, very small margin. Kai is already about 40 years old and his days of gaining more size or making dramatic improvments have come to an end. Someone might say..."Look at the improvments he made this year. How can you say he can't make further improvments?" Let me clarify. Kai "ALREADY" had the physique to come in like he did yesterday...he has for a few years now. It was only yesterday that he "finally" was able to bring his physique in the way he should have been the last 2-3 years. He already had the development...he only needed to hone everything into the package we saw last night. Kai's condition is already steller, so I doubt it will get any better. I don't think he will be able to significantly improve his weak areas much more (traps, delts...and to a point, tris) or he already would have. Kai knows how to build size, so by virtue of the fact that these weak areas are still present, I think we can safely assume that genetics are holding im back in those areas. In this respect, it much like Wolf and his weak points. While not as dramatic, I don't think Kai will be able to bring them up much more unless something radical takes place, which is unlikely, especially at 40 years old. Wth this said, what else can Kai do in order to significantly improve upon the package we just saw?

Branch:
    Forget about it. His genetics will never allow him to win the Olympia unless out top guys were not in the Olympia and everyone else was out of shape. Even then, Branch is going downhill recently. His chest has gotgen noticably smaller. Look at pics of his side chest from yesterday compard to 3-4 years ago....big difference in thickness and fullness. His legs are no longer the dominating bodypart they used to be. Not only does he have the right-left imbalnce (which will never be fully rectified), but his overall leg shape has gone downhill over the last few years. Look at pics of Branch's legs from 4-5 years ago compared to now. His legs are becoming stumpy and his quad sweep is declining. His legs used to be noticably better than they are now...and with legs being one of Branch's previous strong points against the competition, this was NOT something he could afford to lose.

Vic Martinez:
    While the "potential" is there, at about 40 years of age and still not being able to acheive the condition of the top guys (as well a still needing a bit more size, in my opinion, especialy against guys like Phil & Kai) , I just don't see it happening. Like I've said before, if he could have, he would have by this point.

Shawn Roden: Beautiful potential. Great legs...great upper-body potential. I think this guy is just scratching the surface of what he "could" become. While Peter McGouch is right...the comparisons to Flex are premature (Flex was much better), he does have the "potential" to approach Flex IF he is genetically and mentally able to add a significant amount of size to his upper-body and balance out his development. He will also need to improve seperation throughout his back, especialy, and improve his overall upper-body detail and hardness. With Rhoden already placing 3rd in the biggest contest in the world behind two phenominal BB'rs...and with it being apparent that he can further improve his physique "substantially"...Rhoden should be considered a future threat to the Olympia title.

Cedric McMillan: Going back to how this monilogue started...let's finish with Credric McMillan. Potental Galore...a future Mr. Olympia in the genetic department. He is the ONLY man today who has the combination of height, balanced development, shape, structure, symmetry...and the potential to build a freak amount of size at the same time. If he can bring the condition of the top guys, while adding another 20 lbs of evenly placed muscle to his physique, we are looking at a new Mr. Olympia. I hope this man does what he is capable of. What we saw this year was only a sneak peak of what he could eventually become.
    Just so you know, Shawn Rhoden is 38yrs old..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Amateur Threat bantamweightchamp2014's Avatar

this
    Quote Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
    congrats Phil. and congrats to Kai for bringonh his "A" game. If he hadn't,the contest would have been lame as know one else even stood a chance against Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    You're absolutely right. The ONLY one who is going to dethrone Phil (if he keeps coming in like this) is a monster...someone who is significantly bigger (which will be hard because Phil carries a ton of muscle for his frame)...attains Heath-like condition...and also possesses balance. Such a BB'r will not necessarily have to have the best shape, but he will have to be an utter beast of a man. I don't see this happening any time soon.

The only man I can reasonbly see potentially beating Heath in the next few years is Cedric McMillan....because of his massive genetic potential. NO ONE...and I repeat...NO ONE has the genetics of Cedric McMillan.

Wolf:
    As much as I love Wolf, I don't think he will ever beat Phil. At this point, we know he will not be able to completely balance out his physique. You can't fill in areas where there aren't enough muscle fibers to do it. I do think he has the "potential" to place as high as 2nd ONLY if he adds another 20-25 lbs of pure muscle to his physique "proplerly" and gets in great condition, but this will be extremely hard to do and honestly, I do not think he will do it. He is already close to his mid-30's and I don't see what more he can do to add another 20-25 lbs of evenly distributed mass. It would take something very special for Dennis to accomplish this...something he is lacking right now.

Kai:
    He could potentially beat Phil, but I personally don't see it happeneing, especialy if Phil gets any better. I can see Kai continuing to place 2nd for the next several years though. Phil would have to be worse than he was this year to lose to Kai. I don't see Kai getting any better than he is now, but if he does, it will be by a very, very small margin. Kai is already about 40 years old and his days of gaining more size or making dramatic improvments have come to an end. Someone might say..."Look at the improvments he made this year. How can you say he can't make further improvments?" Let me clarify. Kai "ALREADY" had the physique to come in like he did yesterday...he has for a few years now. It was only yesterday that he "finally" was able to bring his physique in the way he should have been the last 2-3 years. He already had the development...he only needed to hone everything into the package we saw last night. Kai's condition is already steller, so I doubt it will get any better. I don't think he will be able to significantly improve his weak areas much more (traps, delts...and to a point, tris) or he already would have. Kai knows how to build size, so by virtue of the fact that these weak areas are still present, I think we can safely assume that genetics are holding im back in those areas. In this respect, it much like Wolf and his weak points. While not as dramatic, I don't think Kai will be able to bring them up much more unless something radical takes place, which is unlikely, especially at 40 years old. Wth this said, what else can Kai do in order to significantly improve upon the package we just saw?

Branch:
    Forget about it. His genetics will never allow him to win the Olympia unless out top guys were not in the Olympia and everyone else was out of shape. Even then, Branch is going downhill recently. His chest has gotgen noticably smaller. Look at pics of his side chest from yesterday compard to 3-4 years ago....big difference in thickness and fullness. His legs are no longer the dominating bodypart they used to be. Not only does he have the right-left imbalnce (which will never be fully rectified), but his overall leg shape has gone downhill over the last few years. Look at pics of Branch's legs from 4-5 years ago compared to now. His legs are becoming stumpy and his quad sweep is declining. His legs used to be noticably better than they are now...and with legs being one of Branch's previous strong points against the competition, this was NOT something he could afford to lose.

Vic Martinez:
    While the "potential" is there, at about 40 years of age and still not being able to acheive the condition of the top guys (as well a still needing a bit more size, in my opinion, especialy against guys like Phil & Kai) , I just don't see it happening. Like I've said before, if he could have, he would have by this point.

Shawn Roden: Beautiful potential. Great legs...great upper-body potential. I think this guy is just scratching the surface of what he "could" become. While Peter McGouch is right...the comparisons to Flex are premature (Flex was much better), he does have the "potential" to approach Flex IF he is genetically and mentally able to add a significant amount of size to his upper-body and balance out his development. He will also need to improve seperation throughout his back, especialy, and improve his overall upper-body detail and hardness. With Rhoden already placing 3rd in the biggest contest in the world behind two phenominal BB'rs...and with it being apparent that he can further improve his physique "substantially"...Rhoden should be considered a future threat to the Olympia title.

Cedric McMillan: Going back to how this monilogue started...let's finish with Credric McMillan. Potental Galore...a future Mr. Olympia in the genetic department. He is the ONLY man today who has the combination of height, balanced development, shape, structure, symmetry...and the potential to build a freak amount of size at the same time. If he can bring the condition of the top guys, while adding another 20 lbs of evenly placed muscle to his physique, we are looking at a new Mr. Olympia. I hope this man does what he is capable of. What we saw this year was only a sneak peak of what he could eventually become.
    Word for word perfect Mike. Sad for Dennis but so true. Kai was so good I only hope he can repeat the formula exactly and always have such a narrow margin to Phil, I finally became a Kai fan last night. I agree that people need to compare the old Branch to this one before they talk about 'gas in the tank', he's in the 4-7th place 'O' arena now along with Dennis.

Phil now has what I always wanted, fear. He won't have had it this past year but now he has the full need to not let it get so close as waiting for that announcement. If he asked you exactly what you would recommend in terms of making it more certain next year what would you say? Because that's the question I'm sure he'll be pondering hard.
    Confirm what I already know

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    Questions started with Nicole Wilkins.

Nicole said she was ahead of schdule and was ready 4 weeks out. Her prep just did not work out. She also said she would be back and that Erin deserved the win. She said she will be back next year.
    Seriously, how complicated can prep be for figure girls and how could she not hold that "extreme" conditioning for four weeks. To be blunt she basically admitted to being lazy and not committing to either her training or diet or both. You think about what the men and women bodybuilding and even fitness has to go through and you can't really let any excuses fly for a figure girl being out of shape. I know they have different standards and don't need to be that extreme but seriously its not that hard to figure out. It's not like they have to dial anything in. Sweeet Jebus!
    When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead...True Story.

Previous Quote..
    People may not realize those few inches stepping forward
    make a big difference in the perception of size.

Here are pictures showing that Phil purposefully got in front of Kai
    to negate Kai's bigger structure. If they had been standing even
    I believe the feelings would have been more like prejudging.
    Kai shouldn't have allowed that shit to happen though.
    The 3rd-5 pics are just ridiculous how much further Phil's
    standing in front of Kai. They should have had an expediter
    to put an end to that bullshit.

More fuel to the fire. The prejudging had them pretty
    much even on the line. Just further proof here that Phil
    was standing and fighting to stand in front of Kai to negate
    Kai's size advantage....which he succeeded in doing.
    This should piss people off.
    I just wanted to see them judged fairly-side by side at equal distance.
    Total BS!

Young man let me tell you something - It's called strategy ! If your conspiracy theory is accurate it's called strategy !
    If I am doing a job interview against you or playing a sport against you you bet your life I'm goping to maximize my advantage !..Goood for Phil Heath IF he did just that ! It's called growing up and taking initiative !!!! Deal with it monster boy !
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeKindofMonster View Post
    Previous Quote..
    People may not realize those few inches stepping forward
    make a big difference in the perception of size.

Here are pictures showing that Phil purposefully got in front of Kai
    to negate Kai's bigger structure. If they had been standing even
    I believe the feelings would have been more like prejudging.
    Kai shouldn't have allowed that shit to happen though.
    The 3rd-5 pics are just ridiculous how much further Phil's
    standing in front of Kai. They should have had an expediter
    to put an end to that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
    Ummm... no

[

That extra foot or 2 infront of the line really makes Phil appear bigger.

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Misc View Post
    That extra foot or 2 infront of the line really makes Phil appear bigger.
    I´m sure it does make him look more ripped and full too

Quote Originally Posted by ducatikid View Post
    what the f##k are you talking about crushed ? he won by a point he should of lose strait up that extra he got to win was because he was the Mr O this was kais show if you dont see that then your not seeing it with out being a phil lover , it could be all even in every pose until they turn around then kais back just takes over
    He won by more than a point, retard. Bob Chic was talking about the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by bantamweightchamp2012 View Post
    Young man let me tell you something - It's called strategy ! If your conspiracy theory is accurate it's called strategy !
    If I am doing a job interview against you or playing a sport against you you bet your life I'm goping to maximize my advantage !..Goood for Phil Heath IF he did just that ! It's called growing up and taking initiative !!!! Deal with it monster boy !
    What you call strategy most will look down on as trying to get an advantage unfairly.
    Personally, if you have to fight to stand up to a foot in front of your competitor
    then your strategy absolutely sucks.

lol....I feel ya bro...and I wasn't trying to be condescending with the monster boy comment just having fun....I understand where your coming from...it looks deceptive and downright unfair....but if the lady holding the mic and the judges aren't making him line up with Kai then who you gonna hold accountable ?...They were both in great shape....Phil may or may not have been trying to accentuate his visual advantage by stepping forward backward or sideways...but if it was that blatantly unfair...then the judges and intructor lady should have made him line up completely and perfectly in sync with Kai...they didn't.....what I don't understand is why it bothers you so much ?...If I am trying to beat you be it arm wrestling, soccer, baseball, sword fighting, mma, ...I'm going to do my best to beat you be it by strategy or advantage.....but saying it's unfair is really pushing it because that gets into someone's INTENT.......and that is incredibly hard to prove brother !
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeKindofMonster View Post
    What you call strategy most will look down on as trying to get an advantage unfairly.
    Personally, if you have to fight to stand up to a foot in front of your competitor
    then your strategy absolutely sucks.

MD Radio #174 Mr. Olympia 2012 in REVIEW!
    http://www.voiceamerica.com/episode/64725/md-radio

Page 187 of 191 FirstFirst ... 87137177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191 LastLast