Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evan Centopani on his First Olympia and 212 Runner Up David Henry on his Return to the Stage!

Default Evan Centopani on his First Olympia and 212 Runner Up David Henry on his Return to the Stage!

Evan Centopani discusses his first Mr Olympia experience and tells us he was not happy with his physique on Saturday night on the Olympia stage and how he plans something different in his eating and training in 2013.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Thanks Butch,Ive been waiting for this interview!

I really give props to Evan for being so young and taking his prep into his own hands and doing as well as he has that really says a lot about him, diet wise I think he has things nailed up until the last 3-4 weeks where he seems to lose fullness and it shows on stage. Would love to see him hook up with Aceto and give someone else control over the final stages and correctly peaking for the show.

He didnt bring it but he's ONLY 30 years old! I think Evan's the guy who has to play it big like Jay always did. He will slowly progress into top 6 and stay there.
    I think he will never be Mr. O because of new direction, but he's gonna have the most fans along with Kai.

not working

Evan looked a lot better in the relaxed poses than when he flexed. How did he diet his legs down to nothing? They where good 4 days out.

I'm not fan of evan but I think he did very well and he deserved to be in the top 6 after that Dennis clearly deserved 5th place, I do not understand how the Branch was in 5th place ... my god!
    Last edited by Herneide; October 1st, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonjohn View Post
    Evan looked a lot better in the relaxed poses than when he flexed. How did he diet his legs down to nothing? They where good 4 days out.
    He's a smart guy, but should have help from someone!

Banned

Dave Henry was robbed

I think Evan will start to work with Palumbo, its one of the few Evan respects and they have worked before. Plus you could tell from the rx wrap up video that Palumbo was angling for this. Would be a good choice in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by guyhard View Post
    Dave Henry was robbed
    I think the judges gave Flex a gift since he was robbed last year.

Quote Originally Posted by guyhard View Post
    Dave Henry was robbed
    clearly!

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    He didnt bring it but he's ONLY 30 years old! I think Evan's the guy who has to play it big like Jay always did. He will slowly progress into top 6 and stay there.
    I think he will never be Mr. O because of new direction, but he's gonna have the most fans along with Kai.
    Yeah, he's young and he'll figure it all out...problem is that when you don't compete very often it takes a bit longer to figure out what works and what doesn't. Look at Rhoden, 3rd at the Mr.O in his what?....4th show of the year? That's how you do it. Compete, peak, learn. So the options are compete more and do it on his own and learn what works for him.....or continue to compete less and work someone who can offer that peaking advice hes obviously missing as even though hes won shows hes always been flat and somewhat depleted looking. Regardless, he could easily carry another 20lbs and once he does.....HOLY FUCK LOOK OUT!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Spotter

Evan did great for first time out. David Henry, IMO is one of the best overall BB's, I had him ahead of Flex but the overall it could have gone either way, much respect to David for what he's done. I hope and look forward to seeing featured in MD or any other publications as well as a major sponsor to allow him an outlet to connect more with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DMarty View Post
    Evan did great for first time out. David Henry, IMO is one of the best overall BB's, I had him ahead of Flex but the overall it could have gone either way, much respect to David for what he's done. I hope and look forward to seeing featured in MD or any other publications as well as a major sponsor to allow him an outlet to connect more with fans.
    I had Henry winning too....guess his time out of the "spot light" may have hurt his preshow hype? it was close but Henry looked a bit better.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Evan has competed in 5 pro shows and won 2! He has the mental strength to lean from the Olympia.8th place in the world is not too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Evan has competed in 5 pro shows and won 2! He has the mental strength to lean from the Olympia.8th place in the world is not too bad!
    Did you ever think that Shawn Rhoden or Dexter beat Evan? ahahahahahah....No hate on Evan!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast