Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back in the gym - Hide Yamagishi - may consider 212 division in 2013

Default Back in the gym - Hide Yamagishi - may consider 212 division in 2013

Hide Yamagishi's best placing at the Mr Olympia was ninth back in 2009. In both 2010 and 2011 he placed tenth. In the 2012 Mr O, Yamagishi fell to 15th place. "The Dragon's" contest weight can hover right around the low 200s. In the past, Yamagishi has always said he is not interested in competing in the 212 division. However, after this season he says he might consider it and will think about it after he competes in the Arnold Europe October 12-13 and the British Grand Prix October 20-21. Video by Dave Bourlet

Spotter

Great decision. Guy has a great build but just doesn't have the mass to hang in the open class. He's no giant killer but could do some serious damage in 212.

Its not the mass he is missing, its the shape of guys like vic,roden,heath,dex,wolf,kai, freeman, he genetically just cant compete

But in the 212 his shape is good enough and he can out muscle everyone

iWarrior

This guy deserves recognition. Whether in the open or 212 class.

I agree with MadMax, as long as he keeps improving, which he has, there's no reason to move down. The prize money at 212 is shit anyway. Top placing is only 20k. He's been top 10 before and he can be again.
    ‎"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't" ~ Iron Mike Tyson

The fact that Hide is going down to 212 is a step in the right direction. With guys like this going to the 212 the prize money will go up.

Props to Hide. It's amazing what Hide has been able to accomplish in this sport. I wish Hide the best regardless of his decision but I hope he stays in the open cass. If he can make the Oympia four years in a row I don't see why people keep taking about the 212. He's at the top of the game.

Props to Madmax for the quality interviews. Always does a great job.

Heisenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by romant56 View Post
    Props to Hide. It's amazing what Hide has been able to accomplish in this sport. I wish Hide the best regardless of his decision but I hope he stays in the open cass. If he can make the Oympia four years in a row I don't see why people keep taking about the 212. He's at the top of the game.

Props to Madmax for the quality interviews. Always does a great job.
    if he was at top of the game then he woulndt be going to 212 now would he,lol

I like to see him stay in open class

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    The 212 class is for show.. it doesn't give respect to the guys and it gives them peanuts for $$$. Much better to stay in the open class and collect. Hide has shown year after year that he can win OPEN pro shows.
    He won 1 Small Pro show in his entire career..what are you talking about?

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg. View Post
    if he was at top of the game then he woulndt be going to 212 now would he,lol
    You got that right.....He was at the "top of his game" 2009..

Spotter

If he has kept "improving" why has his placing kept dropping the last couple years??

Heisenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by METALVET View Post
    If he has kept "improving" why has his placing kept dropping the last couple years??
    not enough mass

he is too tall for 212

Heisenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    he is too tall for 212
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by romant56 View Post
    Props to Hide. It's amazing what Hide has been able to accomplish in this sport. I wish Hide the best regardless of his decision but I hope he stays in the open cass. If he can make the Oympia four years in a row I don't see why people keep taking about the 212. He's at the top of the game.Props to Madmax for the quality interviews. Always does a great job.
    Thank you for saying so.

If he finishes even 10th, what is the prize money? Is it not better to do 212 and finish say, top 3 money-wise, or???

In any case the guy got screwed, there were a couple guys in the top 10 he should have or could have beaten.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast