Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 45

Thread: 5'9" 185 lbs?!

  1. #1
    iWarrior
    Guest

    Default 5'9" 185 lbs?!

    Is this true? Read on another site. Freakin amazing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Default

    I believe it looks great. Only the generations after were so damn concerned with WEIGHT that it fucked up how everyone looks. Fucking Lesukov had the best most ideal physique at one point and just fucked it up, same with Cutler and Branch Warren. Go back and look at what they used to look like, they actually looked real good at one point. Kai made the mistake, Phil is on his way to making that mistake. BBing is a joke now back then it wasnt it even used to be on ESPN, now you are lucky to get a terrible stream lol!
    I back eees normal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Zb92IfHkI

  3. #3
    iWarrior
    Guest

    Default

    I have seen many in the past when up and coming and they did look much-much better IMO. I'm starting to come up with a formula that depending on bone mass and consistent training one should push for a 10 lb gain per inch (give or take) when striving for that classic look. For example Zane at 5'9" is 185 lbs so add another 5 inches 6'1" ideally would be about 225lbs. That's not impossible by no means. Of course most likely you'll win some local shows but not a national level contest.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SURV1VOR View Post
    I have seen many in the past when up and coming and they did look much-much better IMO. I'm starting to come up with a formula that depending on bone mass and consistent training one should push for a 10 lb gain per inch (give or take) when striving for that classic look. For example Zane at 5'9" is 185 lbs so add another 5 inches 6'1" ideally would be about 225lbs. That's not impossible by no means. Of course most likely you'll win some local shows but not a national level contest.
    True but you will look great and who the hell needs a shitty plastic trophy lol, i have enough of those from sports growing up lol.
    I back eees normal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Zb92IfHkI

  5. #5

    Default

    I saw Zane win all three of his Mr. Olympia titles and he was in the low 180's to about 190 for his last one in 1979. Back then, the bodybuilders would only gain a couple of pounds a year, not put on 20 pounds in one year like they do now.

  6. #6
    iWarrior
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    I saw Zane win all three of his Mr. Olympia titles and he was in the low 180's to about 190 for his last one in 1979. Back then, the bodybuilders would only gain a couple of pounds a year, not put on 20 pounds in one year like they do now.
    20 lbs is so unrealistic.

  7. #7
    Amateur Threat bigdealbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,509
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SURV1VOR View Post
    I have seen many in the past when up and coming and they did look much-much better IMO. I'm starting to come up with a formula that depending on bone mass and consistent training one should push for a 10 lb gain per inch (give or take) when striving for that classic look. For example Zane at 5'9" is 185 lbs so add another 5 inches 6'1" ideally would be about 225lbs. That's not impossible by no means. Of course most likely you'll win some local shows but not a national level contest.
    That is a sound theory!

    As long as it's "quality" weight. I know so many guys at the gym who tell me all the time they're 100kg and all they're moving so much weight but more ofter than not theyre just fat with shitty form.

  8. #8
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    216
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I'm 5'6" and 199-200 and want 220.... Maybe I should rethink some things

  9. #9
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Only thing is i bet he's not actually 5'9, prob couple inches shorter.. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Arnold wasn't really 6'2" either.

  10. #10
    Amateur Threat daciz2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,104
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigal View Post
    Only thing is i bet he's not actually 5'9, prob couple inches shorter.. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Arnold wasn't really 6'2" either.
    This says he's 5'10 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger
    You could've had a V8.

  11. #11
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Even allowing for age shrinking (arnold and ali are only a few years apart anyway, so they have both shrunk) shoe lift conspiracies etc. there is no way arnold was below 6'1:

    Ali towering over the Beatles:


    8b1fb62233d93b84.jpg



    Arnold and Ali:

    56960317.jpg

  12. #12
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    Not many 5'9 185# guys are going to look anything like Frank.

  13. #13
    iWarrior
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_mofoman View Post
    I'm 5'6" and 199-200 and want 220.... Maybe I should rethink some things
    In theory, I'm talking about starting at a very lean body weight give or take starting at the height of 5'0" & adding 10-15 lbs. per inch, because it is true, you or anyone else can't look like Frank Zane. You want 220 but I'm talking about a more classic look. I think Dexter is somewhere in that neighborhood but I could be wrong. Think classic way before Dexter. 220lbs sounds as if your getting ready for Nationals IMO.

  14. #14

    Default

    The thing about Zane or Paris or any other very aesthetic physique is not just the height and weight ratio, it's how that physique is put together. Zane's physique just flowed better than his competitors so even if he wasn't as big as they were, he just looked better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    iWarrior
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    The thing about Zane or Paris or any other very aesthetic physique is not just the height and weight ratio, it's how that physique is put together. Zane's physique just flowed better than his competitors so even if he wasn't as big as they were, he just looked better.
    Truth!

  16. #16
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Watching evolution of bodybuilding, they also said Sergio Olivia only weighed 190. Crazy how things change

  17. #17
    Amateur Threat daciz2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,104
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    one thing i think we agree on is there's alot of lying going on. amirite??
    You could've had a V8.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •