Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MD members meet results

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Post MD members meet results

Wanted to give a slap on the back to Austin Bicep for making it through his prep, this weekend will see him giving it a go in his first powerlifting meet. I know he's capable of some good numbers.

Also a shout out to Diabetic Muscle who has a 'fun' meet on this weekend. Best of luck guys

Thanks MF. Found out yesterday that the guy that had the biggest bench last year hit 505lbs weighing 239lbs. I'll be getting video of any lifts like that for sure.
    413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Had some fun yesterday and almost set a PR bench with very little training. Also did a tandem deadlift with some random guy. Our strength levels were not close. I didn't realize it was going to turn into a rep out but we ran out of room for plates. So 765 for reps. You'll notice my side came off the floor first. It was putting a shit ton of pressure on my pulled quad and right side of my low back. Just called it before I hurt something. I knew we weren't going to beat the previous guys so not much point.

413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

Good Work Hoss!
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Have to give a belated shout out to tjoe who totalled a raw 1515 in the 220 class last weekend. I believe he now has the open records for both the 220 & 242 classes. Great effort Joe!

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Have to give a belated shout out to tjoe who totalled a raw 1515 in the 220 class last weekend. I believe he now has the open records for both the 220 & 242 classes. Great effort Joe!
    Thanks Jim. Open record in MA for 100% RAW Powerlifting. Yes 220s and 242s.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

How did I miss this? That is awesome man. Great job.
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diabetic Muscle View Post
    Had some fun yesterday and almost set a PR bench with very little training. Also did a tandem deadlift with some random guy. Our strength levels were not close. I didn't realize it was going to turn into a rep out but we ran out of room for plates. So 765 for reps. You'll notice my side came off the floor first. It was putting a shit ton of pressure on my pulled quad and right side of my low back. Just called it before I hurt something. I knew we weren't going to beat the previous guys so not much point.

The tandem lift was sooooo cool to watch ...DM your such a cute fuzzy bear with that beard

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Congrats to zzmacman for winning the 220 class as well as the overall at the IPL Worlds. Some big lifting went down, he has a thread in this section which have videos of his lifts, worth taking a look at.
    Good job, that's a great achievement!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I guess it's my turn next weekend

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    I guess it's my turn next weekend

Had a decent day yesterday, won my class and finished 4th overall by Wilks formula (weighed in at 139lb). Goal was to finish top 5 so I did that. Deadlift was a 3xbw pull so that was another of my goals and I reckon I could have got 192.5 as I was pretty angry for that final lift haha. Missed a 105 bench but I can't complain too much, I knew my bench was probably slightly off its' best right now.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

MA record holder in 2 weight classes
    100% Raw Powerlifting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Awesome Joe. Nothing beats being official

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

So this weekend just gone saw naturalguy competing in the 2013 RPS NJ State Championships.
    He finished up 2nd in the open and 1st in masters 220 raw classic (no wraps) with a solid 1,325lb total. WELL DONE