Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

Default Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

Dallas McCarver seemed to come out of nowhere to nab the Super Heavyweight and Overall titles at the North Americans. Now he's here at MD, making plans for his pro debut.

If you have a question for Dallas, leave it here. He'll be stopping by here often. Also, look for his blog to go up right after Nationals!
    www.musculardevelopment.com

Dallas first question: Will you take time off or gonna start competing next year?
    2nd: Will you (or if you already have) get a prep coach?
    3rd: What areas do you think you need to improve on?

Do you wanna be a movie star?

Great to have this thread at last!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

If you had to pick between being paralyzed from the waist down, or paralyzed on the left half of your body which would you choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    Dallas first question: Will you take time off or gonna start competing next year?
    2nd: Will you (or if you already have) get a prep coach?
    3rd: What areas do you think you need to improve on?
    ok well..
    1. Yes I am going to take some time off to improve before I get on stage again, which might be around late 2013 or early 2014 not sure.
    2. Yes I have a coach John Oreagan. He has brought me this far no need to fix what is not broke, but we both agree we can do so many things better next time around. We both are still learning my body, keep in mind this is only my third Comp. EVER! lol
    3. All Areas! No but seriously Back, Chest, Legs, Arms... just about everything but calves and Im sure they could even be better

[QUOTE=guruhonza;3254957]Do you wanna be a movie star?[/QUOTE

Maybe one day lol.. I would have to lose my southern hick twang accent first haha..

Quote Originally Posted by HangingLegRaise View Post
    If you had to pick between being paralyzed from the waist down, or paralyzed on the left half of your body which would you choose?
    hmmmm.. thats a unique question lol.. but in all honesty its ironic you ask that, because when i was playing football i suffered a compression fracture on my C3 vert. which left me unable to move the entire right side of my body for a few days then obviously once swelling went down thank God the movement eventually slowly came back. To answer your question I'm not really sure I feel like both would be pretty terrible, but then again there are men and women who live successful fulfilling lives every day with both conditions...

Do you hold any full time jobs aside from bodybuilding?

[QUOTE=DallasMcCarver;3255020]
    Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Do you wanna be a movie star?[/QUOTE

Maybe one day lol.. I would have to lose my southern hick twang accent first haha..
    Don't do it! That could be what sets you apart.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    hmmmm.. thats a unique question lol.. but in all honesty its ironic you ask that, because when i was playing football i suffered a compression fracture on my C3 vert. which left me unable to move the entire right side of my body for a few days then obviously once swelling went down thank God the movement eventually slowly came back. To answer your question I'm not really sure I feel like both would be pretty terrible, but then again there are men and women who live successful fulfilling lives every day with both conditions...
    Damn dude, I would've never guessed that happened to you. Doesn't seem to have effected your symmetry though, so good on ya hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

What are your thoughts on PEDs in bodybuilding. Also as a follow up question, what do you think of the whole peptide rage going on. Seems shady to me, but your opinion is respected here
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Master View Post
    What are your thoughts on PEDs in bodybuilding. Also as a follow up question, what do you think of the whole peptide rage going on. Seems shady to me, but your opinion is respected here
    Not a bad question, just a little vague - I'm just thinking whole books can be written on the topic. More specific question about PED's in bb?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal Master View Post
    As far as the PED's go your going to have to help me out just a tad with that one, That's a HUGE subject.
    On the subject of peptides I honestly don't feel educated on most of them enough to have a solid opinion. That being said there are a few I think are beneficial IGF (both Lr3 and DES-1) seem to have some benefits as for the others who knows, there doesn't seem to be a lot of solid research surrounding them. Half of them I have no fucking clue what they are, I mean with names like Alphanorcarbonbettachain-33840/3948503 I just scratch my head like WTF!? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    Do you hold any full time jobs aside from bodybuilding?
    Well I split my time between the corners of 9th & central ave, and lemont & east chester. haha sorry, but seriously I held a full time job at US Xpress as a fleet manager 45hrs per week sometimes more up until I won the NA's now I do personal training which is a lot easier with my schedule and I have some up coming business ideas I have been working on quite a while. Can't speak too soon though

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    Well I split my time between the corners of 9th & central ave, and lemont & east chester. haha sorry, but seriously I held a full time job at US Xpress as a fleet manager 45hrs per week sometimes more up until I won the NA's now I do personal training which is a lot easier with my schedule and I have some up coming business ideas I have been working on quite a while. Can't speak too soon though
    Bump for this thread, and just asked for it to be moved to MD Q and A with our other athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Bump for this thread, and just asked for it to be moved to MD Q and A with our other athletes.
    You got it

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast