Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

AINTNO indeed

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    lol no there AINT NO ads yet lol

hey dallas with that type of food intake how much cardio are you doing to control bodyfat..understood your 21 and possible off season now in but that amount of food is by any stretch is not all used by the body..6ft or not.. congrats on the pro card and best of luck going foward

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    hey dallas with that type of food intake how much cardio are you doing to control bodyfat..understood your 21 and possible off season now in but that amount of food is by any stretch is not all used by the body..6ft or not.. congrats on the pro card and best of luck going foward
    Ill do 20-30 minutes 3 times a week maybe 4 if im feeling extra hyper, but like I said i honestly believe its much harder to under eat than it is to over train. That meaning when I train its High volume, High intensity, and as much weight as I can handle!.. Its not unusual at all for me to do a 20-25 set quad workout and return and put in just as much sets in hams that night, or for example my back workout two days ago was somewhere around 27 sets maybe more.

Just read your blog, you must've seen what Shawn Rhoden did at Tampa and Dallas this year and he wants to replicate it.

Dallas in Dallas doing europa Dallas, Good luck!

hey dallas the amounts listed are pre-cooked weights yes? whats your daily macros that you are shooting for in a training day plus cardio?

hey man, just wondering what you did for work when you were getting ready for the NA's?

I saw in an other thread you said you were working 45 hours a week and I do long hours too in heavy industry and sometimes I think it would be so much easier if I sat behind a desk or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    hey dallas the amounts listed are pre-cooked weights yes? whats your daily macros that you are shooting for in a training day plus cardio?
    No man those are post cooked weights of the meats. The only pre cooked stuff is the grits veggies and rice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    hey man, just wondering what you did for work when you were getting ready for the NA's?

I saw in an other thread you said you were working 45 hours a week and I do long hours too in heavy industry and sometimes I think it would be so much easier if I sat behind a desk or something lol.
    I was a fleet manager for a trucking company.

Hey Dallas! I was just wondering where I could find an MD red cap like the one you had on in the picture with your blog #1 Eat Clean and Train Dirty. I checked the MD Store and they only had a black cap that looked nothing like that one. I'm actually logged in under my husband's name because I want to get this for him for Christmas. Thanks, LSouthard

Dedicated Noob

Whatsup Dallas. Being a football player did you deal with a lot of injuries or nagging pains coming into bodybuilding, have you had any so far in bodybuilding? If so how did/do you deal with them?

I feel like from my athletic background theres always some sort of past injury acting up in the gym which affects my training. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to but did you feel gh helped your prior injuries at all? I'm around your age and was thinking of running low dose pharma for growth/recovery. Thanks man and gl in the 2013 season, all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by KuRdiSH View Post
    Whatsup Dallas. Being a football player did you deal with a lot of injuries or nagging pains coming into bodybuilding, have you had any so far in bodybuilding? If so how did/do you deal with them?

I feel like from my athletic background theres always some sort of past injury acting up in the gym which affects my training. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to but did you feel gh helped your prior injuries at all? I'm around your age and was thinking of running low dose pharma for growth/recovery. Thanks man and gl in the 2013 season, all the best.
    Hey bro yeah I had many nagging injuries and pains during my football career. I have had three shoulder surgeries, along with quite a few broken bones and other various injuries including a bad neck injury once.
    As far as dealing with these I can honestly say my joint pains and overall aches and pains are much less now than they have been sense high-school. I have been very lucky to have no major injuries other than minor tweaks during my short training career. I would say this is due to several factors, just to name a few...

1. I STRETCH I spend at least 15 minutes every other morning stretching after my first meal. Its the same ritual I eat, then stretch while watching sports center lol. Stretches include everything I know how to stretch properly chest, back, quads, hams, calves.. ect.
    2. I make sure and get plenty of Glucosamine and Chondrotin through a daily joint supplement, which I never did before.
    3. Smarter Lifting, this does not mean I don't go heavy however it does mean that for a period of time I dropped the weight in all of my lifts and practiced strict near perfect form. Once I felt I had the form down better I gradually added more and more weight back into my training, but never forgetting the number one goal is to achieve maximum muscles Contraction through strict form.
    4. Don't forget to warm up before your training. For example on leg day maybe a few sets of lighter high rep leg extensions, or ride the bike for a while. I know for me a big difference in me being able to maximize my shoulder workouts I have a little routine I do with 5-10lbs dumbbells Side, Front, and Rear laterals 15-20 or each, then some various other quick should exercises to warm the joints and muscles up well.

As for the GH man I honestly Don't really know how that affects ones joints and what not I don't consider myself educated enough in that area to give any kind of advise on that particular question bro, I am sorry I couldn't help on that one.

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    Hey bro yeah I had many nagging injuries and pains during my football career. I have had three shoulder surgeries, along with quite a few broken bones and other various injuries including a bad neck injury once.
    As far as dealing with these I can honestly say my joint pains and overall aches and pains are much less now than they have been sense high-school. I have been very lucky to have no major injuries other than minor tweaks during my short training career. I would say this is due to several factors, just to name a few...

1. I STRETCH I spend at least 15 minutes every other morning stretching after my first meal. Its the same ritual I eat, then stretch while watching sports center lol. Stretches include everything I know how to stretch properly chest, back, quads, hams, calves.. ect.
    2. I make sure and get plenty of Glucosamine and Chondrotin through a daily joint supplement, which I never did before.
    3. Smarter Lifting, this does not mean I don't go heavy however it does mean that for a period of time I dropped the weight in all of my lifts and practiced strict near perfect form. Once I felt I had the form down better I gradually added more and more weight back into my training, but never forgetting the number one goal is to achieve maximum muscles Contraction through strict form.
    4. Don't forget to warm up before your training. For example on leg day maybe a few sets of lighter high rep leg extensions, or ride the bike for a while. I know for me a big difference in me being able to maximize my shoulder workouts I have a little routine I do with 5-10lbs dumbbells Side, Front, and Rear laterals 15-20 or each, then some various other quick should exercises to warm the joints and muscles up well.

As for the GH man I honestly Don't really know how that affects ones joints and what not I don't consider myself educated enough in that area to give any kind of advise on that particular question bro, I am sorry I couldn't help on that one.
    Thanks for the detailed answer, it's funny you mention having three shoulder surgeries.. I'm getting labrum surgery (slap lesion) in a month and I know after surgery I'll completely revamp my training style just like you did. Restarting with perfect form, basically. What types of shoulder surgeries did you have? any tips for recovery?

Dallas, props on doing a great job with this Q and A, better than most of the MD pro's at the moment in fact!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

dallas, since you have experience with heavy offseason ( i saw the pic of your chubby cheeks) , is it better to stay in offseason longer and is it better to get as heavy as possible? thnx

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    dallas, since you have experience with heavy offseason ( i saw the pic of your chubby cheeks) , is it better to stay in offseason longer and is it better to get as heavy as possible? thnx
    Not sure what picture your talking about?
    but no I don't necessarily think that. You have to look at the individual and the goals needed to obtain... In my case I am young and undersized to most the top pro's today. So that being said it makes sense for me to try and maximize every off season at this point in my career, meaning I do not try to worry so much about getting a little watery or soft. This does NOT mean that I eat whatever i want and become a complete fat ass, but I do make sure in get in as many clean calories as possible to make sure I am getting as much nutrition as possible to feed muscle growth.
    It is just what makes sense to me, I mean take Jay for example now yeah the guy stays pretty lean off season, but how much bigger does he really want to get? lol Look back in his younger days people were ripping him all the time for being a little soft in the off season, but he came into every show BIGGER AND BIGGER! and in this stage of my career that's what its all about....

Hey Dallas!
    Training videos, when they come out... on the bsn channel on youtube or MD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Dallas, props on doing a great job with this Q and A, better than most of the MD pro's at the moment in fact!
    Thanks Bro

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast