Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

Quote Originally Posted by V-taper1990 View Post
    Dallas congrats on the new pro status!
    Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by AreYouStupid View Post
    can you explain the process of how you got sponsored, how you approached or they approached you?
    I was fortunate enough that BSN contacted me and it all kind of unfolded from there.

No bsn videos yet.... wtf wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    No bsn videos yet.... wtf wtf
    Relax... We are filming an entire week of videos first week in Feb.

can't wait for the vids bro, do you have any tips on keeping your waist in control during offseason, what foods are best to eat, etc..

I'm eating a ton of food but my stomach is getting pretty big too, schould i not pay attention to that and just keep getting heavier?

thanx
    The faggot list:

Silly <gaylord
    ViciousVagina forever buttfucking
    DLB < superman
    SWR < tranny
    Bogdi P the Romanian buttwarrior, loves lorenzo
    Rocky tranny fucker
    Noel fucker => can't help bray
    Lorenzo > likes Romanians up his butt
    ritch the swim bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    can't wait for the vids bro, do you have any tips on keeping your waist in control during offseason, what foods are best to eat, etc..

I'm eating a ton of food but my stomach is getting pretty big too, schould i not pay attention to that and just keep getting heavier?

thanx
    By bigger do you mean softer and fatter? Or distended? If your getting fatter and fatter you might want to slow up on the fats and carbs a tad. If by stomach getting bigger you mean distended then I wouldn't sweat it to much. This is a problem for many people in the off season. In my case I eat a good amount of red meats and lots of carbs too. Over the course of the day these will accumulate in your intestines due to the digestion times and cause a food baby as I like to call it lol. Also I have narrow hips and a smaller mid section which means it shows worse on me
    And people built that way. So its your call bro you just need to look at yourself and ask if your fat or just prego with a food child. Lmao if its the later don't stress it will tighten back up when u begin to eat less and leaner easier to digest foods.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    By bigger do you mean softer and fatter? Or distended? If your getting fatter and fatter you might want to slow up on the fats and carbs a tad. If by stomach getting bigger you mean distended then I wouldn't sweat it to much. This is a problem for many people in the off season. In my case I eat a good amount of red meats and lots of carbs too. Over the course of the day these will accumulate in your intestines due to the digestion times and cause a food baby as I like to call it lol. Also I have narrow hips and a smaller mid section which means it shows worse on me
    And people built that way. So its your call bro you just need to look at yourself and ask if your fat or just prego with a food child. Lmao if its the later don't stress it will tighten back up when u begin to eat less and leaner easier to digest foods.
    i think it's distended i'm currently eating alot of carbs (for me atleast)

I get +- 350 grams protein, 600 gr carbs, 3 tbs of peanut butter is all i'm eating for fats so i don't know why i get distended, i eat red meat 2x a week max.

I eat mostly chicken, eggs, cod , rice(brown or basmati) and gluten free pasta)

anyway thanks for the answer bro
    The faggot list:

Silly <gaylord
    ViciousVagina forever buttfucking
    DLB < superman
    SWR < tranny
    Bogdi P the Romanian buttwarrior, loves lorenzo
    Rocky tranny fucker
    Noel fucker => can't help bray
    Lorenzo > likes Romanians up his butt
    ritch the swim bitch!

Nobody

dallas bro I got a question for you as I can see over facebook you were always a very large kid growing up and I read over another thread you had said you always had the mass you just focused on refining and shaping out your muscle and bringing out definition. im a year younger than you ive always been very large growing up im 20 5'10 260 but I hold a little body fat around midsection and legs I haven't been less than 200 since I was 15 years old. I am in the same boat though as you were I have all the "mass" In my legs and in my upper body I just need to bring out all the detail and get my physique nice and defined. im not going to go into gear or anything because that's not to be discussed on here but as far as cardio and eating bro. what is your weekly cardio at to keep your body fat down? how many minutes and how many days a week? how many days a week do you train? I know im carb sensitive so what would you keep your daily carbs at for a person that wants to get rid of a good 10-15 pounds of bodyfat but still keep all the mass. one more question. for a person like myself would you recommend high reps around 15-20 a set about 5 sets or would you do high intensity low reps? like I said the mass is all there I just need to define and make everything look good

Quote Originally Posted by jdee1234 View Post
    dallas bro I got a question for you as I can see over facebook you were always a very large kid growing up and I read over another thread you had said you always had the mass you just focused on refining and shaping out your muscle and bringing out definition. im a year younger than you ive always been very large growing up im 20 5'10 260 but I hold a little body fat around midsection and legs I haven't been less than 200 since I was 15 years old. I am in the same boat though as you were I have all the "mass" In my legs and in my upper body I just need to bring out all the detail and get my physique nice and defined. im not going to go into gear or anything because that's not to be discussed on here but as far as cardio and eating bro. what is your weekly cardio at to keep your body fat down? how many minutes and how many days a week? how many days a week do you train? I know im carb sensitive so what would you keep your daily carbs at for a person that wants to get rid of a good 10-15 pounds of bodyfat but still keep all the mass. one more question. for a person like myself would you recommend high reps around 15-20 a set about 5 sets or would you do high intensity low reps? like I said the mass is all there I just need to define and make everything look good
    Odds are man like I was a couple years ago you too also have much more fat than you realize on your frame. When I finished football in college I went from 320 down to 240 for my first show. And I still could've been leaner. To answer your question I would stick to a low amount of.low gylcemic carbs and higher protein diet and the main thing isn't your training you don't want to train for weight loss that's why we have cardio. Keep your training heavy and intense and ramp up the cardio. Its not a bad idea to do an hour at a time.

Hey Dallas. Good shoulder video. Would you mind listing some of the tips and tricks you have learned for shoulder growth. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFire View Post
    Hey Dallas. Good shoulder video. Would you mind listing some of the tips and tricks you have learned for shoulder growth. Thanks man.
    Sure man
    Well for me I feel like the best way to train any muscle is to constantly change it up a tad. While my shoulder routine may be pretty similar each week as far as the actual exercises, I make slight changes in the way I do them, for instance one week I may go heavy and wide open on side raises but the next I may do them seated with lighter weight and more drop sets or even super sets. I think a huge.part of it is just intensity you have to push the muscle to failure and beyond in order to stimulate maximum growth. Also don't forget about upright rows both close and wider grip. I think many times people leave these out and they are a great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    Sure man
    Well for me I feel like the best way to train any muscle is to constantly change it up a tad. While my shoulder routine may be pretty similar each week as far as the actual exercises, I make slight changes in the way I do them, for instance one week I may go heavy and wide open on side raises but the next I may do them seated with lighter weight and more drop sets or even super sets. I think a huge.part of it is just intensity you have to push the muscle to failure and beyond in order to stimulate maximum growth. Also don't forget about upright rows both close and wider grip. I think many times people leave these out and they are a great tool.
    Sounds good. I actually quit doing upright rows, I'll add them back in there. Doing shoulders today!

Dallas, would you support an annual "hunger games" in Alabama in order to keep Nick Saban?

bc I would.
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Nobody

Hello Dallas!

Huge congrats on your well deserved Pro Card and supplement contract with BSN!

How does it feel to be an IFBB PRO in such a young age?

What advice would you give to young aspiring bodybuilders who wants to be something in the sport?

Best of luck in the future!

2 questions for you Dallas,
    I saw that you're only 21 and sitting around 300lbs still pretty lean
    1. How tall are you?
    2. How long have you been bodybuilding for? Considering you're so young, but yet still so big. Have you been involved in bodybuilding your whole life (rather it be you personally or just always around bber's), or have you always been really big for football and then decided to tone it up for bodybuilding afterwards? You look like you been in the game for 10 years. So that would make you a novice and what, age 11? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BBOfDK View Post
    Hello Dallas!

Huge congrats on your well deserved Pro Card and supplement contract with BSN!

How does it feel to be an IFBB PRO in such a young age?

What advice would you give to young aspiring bodybuilders who wants to be something in the sport?

Best of luck in the future!
    Thanks for the congrats man.
    My advice would be to.be yourself! Don't try to fit into this cookie cutter mold of these robots that people act like you have to be to be successful in this sport. Live YOUR life to the fullest be happy be yourself and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbgarris View Post
    2 questions for you Dallas,
    I saw that you're only 21 and sitting around 300lbs still pretty lean
    1. How tall are you?
    2. How long have you been bodybuilding for? Considering you're so young, but yet still so big. Have yvou been involved in bodybuilding your whole life (rather it be you personally or just always around bber's), or have you always been really big for football and then decided to tone it up for bodybuilding afterwards? You look like you been in the game for 10 years. So that would make you a novice and what, age 11? lol
    I am right at 6ft tall.
    And I have been actually bodybuilding two years as of this past February. Before that I was a football player I lifted and trained accordingly and I think that is where some of my size cane from. Both that and just being naturally a large person.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast