Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER II View Post
    do you eat fish in the offseason and if so how much?
    Yes I do. Just depends sometimes I may replace a chicken meal with flounder or a steak meal with salmon. During the "off season" which I hate because your not off or taking a break your just growing, my diet changes a pit depending on what my training is like and what my body looks like.

Do you have days where you feel your weak as hell,, like for you ,, whats your favorite bodypart 2 train ? what carbs do you find you don't digest great ?
    Bodybuilding isn't 90 minutes in the gym... Its a lifestyle -Lee Priest

Dallas for some reason i am stronger on days when i eat peanut butter and avocado, this also happens when i eat red meat it's the good fats that make me stronger right?

However with the red meat i'm not sure i already take creatine as a supplement so what is making me stronger when, i eat red meat? when it's not the creatine in the meat?
    The faggot list:

Silly <gaylord
    ViciousVagina forever buttfucking
    DLB < superman
    SWR < tranny
    Bogdi P the Romanian buttwarrior, loves lorenzo
    Rocky tranny fucker
    Noel fucker => can't help bray
    Lorenzo > likes Romanians up his butt
    ritch the swim bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    Dallas for some reason i am stronger on days when i eat peanut butter and avocado, this also happens when i eat red meat it's the good fats that make me stronger right?

However with the red meat i'm not sure i already take creatine as a supplement so what is making me stronger when, i eat red meat? when it's not the creatine in the meat?
    You pretty much answered your own question lol. Its the energy from the fats in the red meat, but thats not always the healthies source of fats. You should try olive oil, or cocnut oil, or maybe even almond butter all are good healthy fats that always seem to help me with my energy levels.

Quote Originally Posted by richieg6 View Post
    Do you have days where you feel your weak as hell,, like for you ,, whats your favorite bodypart 2 train ? what carbs do you find you don't digest great ?
    Of course bro, no one is superman 24/7 lol.. my favorite body part to train would be either Back or Legs, because those are the ones that need the most work!
    But yeah man I find that my body responds well to sweet potatos as well as jasmine rice. I have never really ate Jasmine rice until lately, I am in love witht the shit! ha. Seems like in the correct amounts it keeps me full but not to watery and gives my good energy.

hey dalas what was your cardio regimen for your 12 week diet? you started with 30 min and gradualy build up or something else? and how much you ended up doing? also what intensity?

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    hey dalas what was your cardio regimen for your 12 week diet? you started with 30 min and gradualy build up or something else? and how much you ended up doing? also what intensity?
    Start at 30 min in the morning fasted, then go to 30 am and 20 pm then work my way up. I have done as much as an hour and 45 min total between the two sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    Start at 30 min in the morning fasted, then go to 30 am and 20 pm then work my way up. I have done as much as an hour and 45 min total between the two sessions.
    What machines did you use fore this cardio? Treadmill in the a.m.? Stairmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by deak007 View Post
    What machines did you use fore this cardio? Treadmill in the a.m.? Stairmaster?
    I swap it up, I use them all bike, stair, treadmill, elliptical. It just depends on what I am training that day and how my legs feel, I try not to do the stairs all the time I find that an hour every day on the steps beats the hell out of my legs.

Nobody

Hi Dallas, what ratio of P/C/F works best for you leading in to a show?

Quote Originally Posted by mattryken View Post
    Hi Dallas, what ratio of P/C/F works best for you leading in to a show?
    No magic ratio that I have found, I start out with higher carbs and fats with moderate protein and then the closer I get its obviously less fats and carbs and slightly more protein.

Hey dallas, what does your pre/during/post workout supplementation look like?

Whats your favorite amino x flavor and how many scoops of it do you go through daily?

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Hey dallas, what does your pre/during/post workout supplementation look like?

Whats your favorite amino x flavor and how many scoops of it do you go through daily?
    Usually my pre is 1 serving of Nitrix with 1 serving of NO Xplode.
    During my workout I sip on Amino-x
    Post really depends on my diet, but for off season I would do 2 scoop syntha-6 isolate with some sort of carbs maybe rice, or a few tbsp raw honey.

As far as the Amino X goes I sip it all day in my gallon of water usually, I mix 2-3 scoops per gallon of water. However I normally drink around 1.5 gallons per day so I would say daily I have around 3 servings.

Have you ever tried the fancy carbs like vitargo or karbolyn, and does honey just work/digest better for you?

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Have you ever tried the fancy carbs like vitargo or karbolyn, and does honey just work/digest better for you?
    Yes, I have tried them. Nothing wrong with either of those products...

Nobody

Dallas, I'm always curious to know how much time you guys spend writing articles, answering emails, the business side of bodybuilding and what ways you have found effective in gaining exposure and promoting yourself in the community. Do you have people contacting you guys about fitness opportunities or do you kind of have to go find them?

Quote Originally Posted by QuadCitiesFitness View Post
    Dallas, I'm always curious to know how much time you guys spend writing articles, answering emails, the business side of bodybuilding and what ways you have found effective in gaining exposure and promoting yourself in the community. Do you have people contacting you guys about fitness opportunities or do you kind of have to go find them?
    Uhmm... well thats honestly a tough question to answer, I guess it really just depends on what all I have going on any particular day, and what all is going on in my life. As far as promoting myself, I mean I have FB, Twitter, Instagram all the basic social media stuff is obviously huge. I have never been one to go out and ask anyone for anything as far as sponsorship and what not, my way of looking at it is if you are good enough and worth their money in their eyes and you are someone they see as a potential asset to their business then they will likely contact you.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast