Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    REally??? didn't know that. I am waiting for him to respond. lol that game was the best game ever. let me put it this way. 1st, the iron bowl, 2nd, the ga game, and the 3rd- texas A&M. WAR EAGLE Finxter!! I think we will win Sat! Somehow. lol.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! Bama fan till the day I die. Have been since I was a small kid. But I agree it was a dang good game. Its a lot to expect for a bunch of college kids to stay focused enough to win 3 national titles in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbitjones View Post
    Dallas with your training styles what have you noticed worked the best for you. As in do your prefer heavy weight in the low rep ranges or little lighter better contractions at a higher 8-12 range. Also between off season and during the season what changes do you tend to make to your training style if any? Thanks bro. The MD videos are great!
    yes to both.. I train heavy and with volume! reps 10-15 with heavy as I can go!

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    Anyone else want to make my hit list!? In all seriousness though that was the national Championship game and everyone knows it. Thats what happens when you lose your drive and hunger, you get you feelings hurts!
    Haha! It's just nice to be back. Iron bowl should be back to normal for many years now.

You still coming to Huntsville and Decatur to train any, or you setup in TN fulltime now?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! Bama fan till the day I die. Have been since I was a small kid. But I agree it was a dang good game. Its a lot to expect for a bunch of college kids to stay focused enough to win 3 national titles in a row.

Wow! You are from TN, correct? Where did you go college? that's cool that you are a bama fan. that's is my hometown. lol. True, but don't forget that AU beat AL 6 years in a row. lol. Thanks for the reply. I am gearing up my first contest in May- that is why I asked about volume. I do train heavy on some days. Dorian Yates and Ben (that's my name too) the Pac Man both have said squeeze the muscles as much as possible. I find that very effective. I also switched things up too not to get bored. Plus the eating plan is so demanding. It kind of drives me crazy. lol know what I mean? Anyway excited to know 2 state college FB teams getting the national champs 5 years in row. WAR EAGLE !!!!

An example of my Diet on say a leg day which is of course much higher calorie day would go as follows
    6 am- 12 oz 93/7 lean ground beef, 4 whole eggs, 1 cup grits (pre cooked)
    8 am- 14 oz chicken, 14oz white potato, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil
    10 am- 3 scoop syntha 6, 1.5 cup oats, 1/4 cup walnuts
    12 pm- 14 oz top sirloin, 14oz white pot, 1 cup asparagus, 1 tbsp oilve oil
    2 pm- train quads
    330 pm- post workout shake 100grams carbs/ 2 scoops syntha-6 isolate, 1 cup white rice
    5 pm- 14 oz chicken, 14 oz sweet pot
    7 pm- 14 oz top sirloin, 14 oz white pot, 1 cup asparagus, 1 tbsp olive oil
    9 pm- train hams and glutes
    1030 pm- same post workout shake w/ 1 cup of white rice
    1130 pm- 14 oz chicken/ 14 oz sweet pot
    sleep till 2 am
    when I wake up to pee I have 2 scoops of syntha-6
    Dallas, first off looking great brother and I have to say very impressed with the level of professionalism you convey. I was hoping you hadn't answered my question already, but I was wondering if you could give an example of the switches made to a non training day diet (slower carbs/less fats) vs. the one you posted. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Grim Repper View Post
    Dallas, first off looking great brother and I have to say very impressed with the level of professionalism you convey. I was hoping you hadn't answered my question already, but I was wondering if you could give an example of the switches made to a non training day diet (slower carbs/less fats) vs. the one you posted. Thanks!
    well thats an old diet you replied to the post of, from back when I was CLUELESS and had no idea what I was doing. My current diet was posted just a few post ago, you can look back and find it and really it doesnt change that much on off days, only thing that changes is like on a leg or back day I may throw in some cheat meals or extra carbs.

well thats an old diet you replied to the post of, from back when I was CLUELESS and had no idea what I was doing. My current diet was posted just a few post ago, you can look back and find it and really it doesnt change that much on off days, only thing that changes is like on a leg or back day I may throw in some cheat meals or extra carbs.
    After posting I read the last few pages, saw your new diet and I thought "Damn, that diet sure looks a heck of a lot cleaner!" LOL
    Thanks for the shout back and info. Good luck and stay strong man.
    Grim

hey Dallas, how are you doing? sorry that BAMA lost. I was hoping they would win but I have NO idea why. You need to root for AU tonight. WAR EAGLE MAN!! AJ is rooting for them and he is now wearing orange and blue color all day today. Haha! anyway, it is going to be a good game to watch. Take care man and hope you will win some of the contest this year. have a great new year man.

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    hey Dallas, how are you doing? sorry that BAMA lost. I was hoping they would win but I have NO idea why. You need to root for AU tonight. WAR EAGLE MAN!! AJ is rooting for them and he is now wearing orange and blue color all day today. Haha! anyway, it is going to be a good game to watch. Take care man and hope you will win some of the contest this year. have a great new year man.
    yeah... about that.. leave it to *uburn to screw up the SEC win streak and let the title go to another conference lol.

hey dallas what on tap for you in 2014

Barbarian christianausdemspreewald's Avatar

Hello Dallas,
    What do you think abour your new team mate Flex Lewis?

Best Greetings from germany
    Christian
    The real and only... http://www.body-xtreme.de

it is ok, but we will be back next year but much better. although, we are the SEC champs and the IRON BOWL champs. AU is still the best and I am proud of them. lol it was a major turn around for AU. there were a lot of Bama fans who didn't care , and lot of them did care. it was mixture of all kind of emotions man. it was a great game thou. War Eagle!!

Quote Originally Posted by christianausdemspreewald View Post
    Hello Dallas,
    What do you think abour your new team mate Flex Lewis?

Best Greetings from germany
    Christian
    I am very excited to have Flex as a team mate. He has always been a huge inspiration of mine and someone I have really always looked up to. Obviously it was a great move by BSN and I couldn't be more happy or excited about him joining the team.

You still come to Decatur and Huntsville, or you fulltime in TN now?

Quote Originally Posted by finxster View Post
    You still come to Decatur and Huntsville, or you fulltime in TN now?
    only to visit friends

war eagle Dallas. lol. just picking on ya. how are things going? which show are you prepping up for? hope all is well man.

Dallas,
    When do you plan to step on stage next? I like your methodology of getting the right amount of size and such before competing next. I am a fan of you physique, so naturally I want to see it in competition... no homo.
    Deak
    Instagram: Deak007

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213