Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Takeaway from Atlanta & Bodybuilding’s Delicate Condition - The McGough Report

Default The Takeaway from Atlanta & Bodybuilding’s Delicate Condition - The McGough Report

I really dont agree with Peter.

if we take out condition as a decising factor then bodybuilding becomes even mor abstract than what it is today.

Great condition separates the champions and those that are willing to suffer, endure and take that extra step towards displaying their phusique.

One example:

This years nationals was a disappointment mainly because a lot of the competitors WERE NOT CONDITIONED!

You then go and see pictures of the IFBB worlds were everyone is peeled! (yes they have striated glutes cause if everything is peeled so are the glutes...) and people reaction is : " wow... these guys look way better than the US guys even top pros... what are this guys doing?... what a show!!!"

Condition does matter and sgould be the decising factor and striated glutes are part of it just has any bodypart.

Quote Originally Posted by Natzo View Post

if we take out condition as a decising factor then bodybuilding becomes even mor abstract than what it is today.

Great condition separates the champions and those that are willing to suffer, endure and take that extra step towards displaying their phusique.

One example:

This years nationals was a disappointment mainly because a lot of the competitors WERE NOT CONDITIONED!

You then go and see pictures of the IFBB worlds were everyone is peeled! (yes they have striated glutes cause if everything is peeled so are the glutes...) and people reaction is : " wow... these guys look way better than the US guys even top pros... what are this guys doing?... what a show!!!"

Condition does matter and sgould be the decising factor and striated glutes are part of it just has any bodypart.

Well put! And I agree %100

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yusef View Post
    Well put! And I agree %100
    I agree with Nat to a degree but because its sooo hard to get that detailed especially to get so peeled so dry that your glutes are striated but come on most were not close to great conditioning( they dont have to have striated glutes) but they should have deep separation to body parts and veins popping with graininess. Some brought it but most didnt
    Last edited by lil mama; November 12th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Spotter

It is also a genetic thing....

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by heftizzle View Post
    It is also a genetic thing....
    The striated glutes that is

it is a little...but its also a fat thing......you get ripped enough and your ass will be shredded...but are you willing to be ripped that much....ripped and muscular are two different things.......I get tired of this word genetics....it is used as a buzz word for everything in bodybuilding....genetics my ass lol....your ass will be shredded if you cut down enough
    Quote Originally Posted by heftizzle View Post
    The striated glutes that is

THIS 100%I really dont agree with Peter.if we take out condition as a decising factor then bodybuilding becomes even mor abstract than what it is today.Great condition separates the champions and those that are willing to suffer, endure and take that extra step towards displaying their phusique.One example:This years nationals was a disappointment mainly because a lot of the competitors WERE NOT CONDITIONED! You then go and see pictures of the IFBB worlds were everyone is peeled! (yes they have striated glutes cause if everything is peeled so are the glutes...) and people reaction is : " wow... these guys look way better than the US guys even top pros... what are this guys doing?... what a show!!!"Condition does matter and sgould be the decising factor and striated glutes are part of it just has any bodypart.[/QUOTE]

Agree with Peter, focusing on conditioning gives you the Branch Warren's of bodybuilding!

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natzo View Post

One example:

Agreed. Big big is impressive, but being shredded is MORE impressive!!!! It seems like a lot of guys are not as shredded as they used to be. The Nationals back in the early-mid 90's wer STACKED!! 1st-15th were in good shape!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Seems he really is speaking more from the men's competition than anything. Correct?
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Bellon View Post
    Seems he really is speaking more from the men's competition than anything. Correct?
    Yes Shawn, I was only talking about men's bodybuilding. By comparison the women's bodybuilding, women's physique and men's physique classes had a much higher level of conditioning -- quite impressive actually.

Thanks for clarifying sir. Yes from the photos the Mrs. and I agree.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Blame Gaspari for having to have ripped glutes!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

I don't believe that a competitor has to have shredded glutes to win a contest...but that's definitely NOT what current judging standards are. In my opinion a lot of guys that come in that crazy conditioning DON'T LOOK LIKE BODYBUILDERS...yeah I said it - particularly on the amateur/national stage. Guys usually come in looking stringy and flat to get those ridges in the glutes.

The most complete physique should win and that doesn't leave out conditioning - but conditioning should not be the end all be all when it comes to judging and placing physiques.

I've see guys with ridiculous conditioning win shows, but are lacking body parts - proportions- muscle size and fullness - or maybe even just have fuck all for structure. It even gets weirder when you see shredded glutes but no real muscle separation in other body parts.

Just my .02 cents

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Blame Gaspari for having to have ripped glutes!
    Yup and Ronnie for really fucking up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adam View Post

The most complete physique should win and that doesn't leave out conditioning - but conditioning should not be the end all be all when it comes to judging and placing physiques.

I've see guys with ridiculous conditioning win shows, but are lacking body parts - proportions- muscle size and fullness - or maybe even just have fuck all for structure. It even gets weirder when you see shredded glutes but no real muscle separation in other body parts.
    I never said conditioning should be the only criteria.. of course muscularity and aesthetics play their part.

But a conditioned athlete should place ahead of soft 5 weeks out physique any day.