Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Interview with Lee Haney with Peter McGough at the NPC Nationals

Default Exclusive Interview with Lee Haney with Peter McGough at the NPC Nationals

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Peter and Lee Haney two legends of our industry!

Freak of Nature

There was more, but Peter accidentally muted the microphone touching the buttons on the bottom side. He closed by noting Lee was a true ambassador of the sport and said it in his on extremely eloquent manner. Lee gave Peter accolades noting he was the sports true historian and how vitally important and appreciated he was. Peter noted historian is another way of calling one an old man and they both had a good chuckle.

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    There was more, but Peter accidentally muted the microphone touching the buttons on the bottom side. He closed by noting Lee was a true ambassador of the sport and said it in his on extremely eloquent manner. Lee gave Peter accolades noting he was the sports true historian and how vitally important and appreciated he was. Peter noted historian is another way of calling one an old man and they both had a good chuckle.
    Ohhhh lordy someone please show him where the buttons are so this wont happen again

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Ohhhh lordy someone please show him where the buttons are so this wont happen again
    This was the last interview he did for the night or I would have alerted him. Freaked me out when he handed it to me and I saw it was muted. Thankfully it was only the latter portion. Couldn't hang I had to run back in and try to get coverage of the bikini class winners and overall interview.

Great interview even with the missing piece. Haney is a class act all the way. Well spoken as well which is an anomaly these days in bbing haha.

So the hand of god helped him become Mr. Olympia. Is that what we call Dianabol now?

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Blimey, what a dufus I am. And there was me thinking that during interviews I knew exactly which buttons to press. What I said at the end to viewers was something like, "The word ambassador is often overused. But in the case of Lee Haney it fits perfectly because this sport has never had someone who represented us as well as him. As a competitor his physique and the way he presented it was first class. And offstage he was, and is, a perfect gentleman, who alway conducted himself in a professional and friendly style. In the way he lived his iife as a bodybuilder, and as a family man and how he lives his spiritual life makes him the best advertisement we've ever had for bodybuilding. He's not only a credit to our sport, he's a credit to the human race."

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    Blimey, what a dufus I am. And there was me thinking that during interviews I knew exactly which buttons to press. What I said at the end to viewers was something like, "The word ambassador is often overused. But in the case of Lee Haney it fits perfectly because this sport has never had someone who represented us as well as him. As a competitor his physique and the way he presented it was first class. And offstage he was, and is, a perfect gentleman, who alway conducted himself in a professional and friendly style. In the way he lived his iife as a bodybuilder, and as a family man and how he lives his spiritual life makes him the best advertisement we've ever had for bodybuilding. He's not only a credit to our sport, he's a credit to the human race."
    wow what a way to end that interview. . . Just beautiful <3

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post

Amen to the last part. As for the first you sir are no dufus, but rather a masterful button pusher

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

I saw Haney guest pose at the 1990 Jan Tana. I was competing and teh night before the show I saw him and Ropeman eating in the hotel resturant. I was 16 at the time and it was like seeing God at that point in my life. I walked over to him and asked for an autograph. He gladly signed it and actually TALKED to me for a few minutes! WTF...Lee Haney is talking to me!

The next day after my class was over, i ended up in 4th and went to the lobby to get an 8x10. He asked how i did and told me to keep my head up and come back better then next year! For him to take a time to ask a 16 yr old how he did at the show was amazing!

But actually seeing him guest pose was UNREAL! He was 6 weeks out and looked like a cartoon character!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    I saw Haney guest pose at the 1990 Jan Tana. I was competing and teh night before the show I saw him and Ropeman eating in the hotel resturant. I was 16 at the time and it was like seeing God at that point in my life. I walked over to him and asked for an autograph. He gladly signed it and actually TALKED to me for a few minutes! WTF...Lee Haney is talking to me!

The next day after my class was over, i ended up in 4th and went to the lobby to get an 8x10. He asked how i did and told me to keep my head up and come back better then next year! For him to take a time to ask a 16 yr old how he did at the show was amazing!

But actually seeing him guest pose was UNREAL! He was 6 weeks out and looked like a cartoon character!

lee spoke incredibly. fantastic mind

One of the best interviews ever.

War Haney! I can watch interviews with him all day.

Haney was definitely not my era, but the more I listen to him the more respect and admiration I have for the guy. How everyone should act, and something that makes me think to myself about improving in my own life. Discipline, character, respectful. Seriously awesome.

And remember... stimulate not annihilate.

Lee is so hyper (in a great way) that you never get from his pics. What a fantastic bloke!

It wasn't all gifted to him though, I remember his book where he said there were times of doubt and soul searching when all was being pinned on his succeeding before he actually did. His digging deep then is as inspirational as his 8 run.
    Confirm what I already know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast