Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NPC National Contest Schedule - 2013 IFBB Calendar coming shortly!

Rick stays leaner than me - my metabolism is pretty fast, but nothing like his.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    MD has to interview BMC! This guy is a very good bodybuilder and kick ass forum member. Im a BMC SCHMOE LOL!
    I need to make it on one of your shirts
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Not sure it's as cut and dried as that. This is a guy who is naturally very, very lean - graduated HS at 105 pounds! So he doesn't really have a choice.

Your question is really moot Mike, I personally feel you have all the mass you need. You're one of those guys who never seems to grasp how big he really is!
    I "feel" like im still a LW LOL BBing is such a mind trip
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    I need to make it on one of your shirts
    I've been on it...twice. (Don't hate.)

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    (Don't hate.)
    lol

If the IFBB is going to screw the 212 at least they can kiss them. Is the WPD more popular than the 212????????
    This is very disappointing however, I don't think it's the IFBB' fault , rather the promoters putting on these shows. It's all about the money, if you only got 5 or sometimes less 212 guys competing in these shows compared to the hoards of WPD & MPD competitors who will create more ticket sales from friends & family. Can't really blame them. I just hope a few more promoters step up to the plate & put on some more 212 shows. Also as far as I know the prize money for these divisions is half that of 212's which isn't saying much!

Jose, of course it's IFBB's fault. I know at your position you are not convenient to comment on IFBB. Whoever prick(s) that came up with MPD would be someone who probably don't even lift. As the biggest bodybuilding federation, IFBB is at full responsibility of promoting bodybuilding. So when there are like 5 guys doing a 212 competition it's IFBB jerking themselves off with the board shorts telling those chopstick necks don't do bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    This is very disappointing however, I don't think it's the IFBB' fault , rather the promoters putting on these shows. It's all about the money, if you only got 5 or sometimes less 212 guys competing in these shows compared to the hoards of WPD & MPD competitors who will create more ticket sales from friends & family. Can't really blame them. I just hope a few more promoters step up to the plate & put on some more 212 shows. Also as far as I know the prize money for these divisions is half that of 212's which isn't saying much!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    I've been on it...twice. (Don't hate.)
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

But im willing to bet that a 212 class at the Arnold would do REAL well!!!!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

But im willing to bet that a 212 class at the Arnold would do REAL well!!!!
    I would LOVE to see that!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Wll Jose You did your part by compeing alot and I hope your Sponsors respect your efforts in the 212 Class!

Sadly, as predicted the 212 numbers dropped when the 202lb class was raised by 10lbs.
    Fewer "Smaller" guys for whom this divsion was created began to Sit and watch leaving the calss void of participants and promoters stuck with the Bill!

The flip side, this division never had to be created to satisfy the "Smaller" guys since pro Bodybuilding is an "OPEN" competition of Professionals.

End the end, this division is not long for this world with dwindling numbers as well as contests. Fewer shows I am certain are designed to have the athletes focus on competiting in them when they come along on the calendar.
    Sadly, if the Athletes dont show up these shows will got the way fo the 8 track Player and the competitiors will be thrown once again into the Deep End of the Ocean to swim with the Sharks!

So, who's right?

The Athletes complaining or the Promoters who are losing money?

Things that make you go "HHhhhhmmmmm.....?"

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Sadly, as predicted the 212 numbers dropped when the 202lb class was raised by 10lbs.
    Fewer "Smaller" guys for whom this divsion was created began to Sit and watch leaving the calss void of participants and promoters stuck with the Bill!

The flip side, this division never had to be created to satisfy the "Smaller" guys since pro Bodybuilding is an "OPEN" competition of Professionals.

End the end, this division is not long for this world with dwindling numbers as well as contests. Fewer shows I am certain are designed to have the athletes focus on competiting in them when they come along on the calendar.
    Sadly, if the Athletes dont show up these shows will got the way fo the 8 track Player and the competitiors will be thrown once again into the Deep End of the Ocean to swim with the Sharks!

So, who's right?

I think the issue is off base. It is the cost of hosting the show. It went from 5k to 15k just to host the 212 division. Then when you have competitors bail on the show it leave the promoters holding an empty bag. Tricky Jackson won a show last year at the Iowa Pro and he is not where near 212. At the Olympia weigh-ins the heaviest guy was 207 I believe. The IFBB needs to do the right thing and lower the cost of holding a 212 show, and with that money they can also raise the purse. NPC and IFBB have had more money than they have ever had. It is up to them if they want to spread it around and not raise fees to hold these events. The NPC will continue to grow and feed the IFBB...They just need to stop paying themselves and look out for the people competing.

Spotter

As a promoter and a business person would you rather pay a 15K fee or a 5K or no fee to a starting division? Also, with more competitors and friends and fam like you mentioned. Then there is the purse. WPD and MPD have a total purse of 2K to 5K. 212 is double that...do the competitors deserve more? Yes, but if the promoters could get more hard commitments from competitors then they could host it. If you, Flex, English, or Dave Henry, Ed don't compete then the show will not pay off. They don't want to risk it, esp having to pay 10K more just because the IFBB said so.

I am probably going to compete at the Masters Nationals Over 35 as a Light Heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkshirt4life View Post
    I am probably going to compete at the Masters Nationals Over 35 as a Light Heavy.
    Thanks for letting us know! I'm marking it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

So, who's right?

The IFBB is giving more pro cards away so im sure the numbers will be up.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast