Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Evan Centopani Meets Toughest Fan - VIDEO! Plus update from Chris After Surgery.

Spotter

Chris...believe...

god bless

Quote Originally Posted by G Diesel View Post
    Inspiring and humbling video from yesterday, courtesy of Animal. Thanks to NG for shooting it...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-4KfPHWvc&list=UUpdqwOGsGSuI50cQ76kUEnA

Much respect to all involved parties--Evan, Animal, MD, naturalguy and Big Chris Slavin for making this happen.

Peace, G
    Man, I never watch any vids of myself...be it an interview or a training vid etc etc. But I had to watch this one. Chris is an inspiration to us all!

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Man, I never watch any vids of myself...be it an interview or a training vid etc etc. But I had to watch this one. Chris is an inspiration to us all!
    evan i was a fan of your since 2010 but now im a fan for life.thanks for being so awesome

Truly inspiring! I'm touched by this story, Evan proves time and time again that their's a lot more too him than just bodybuilding. We need more pro athletes like him, and for the sponsors to support and pay for bodybuilders to go out there and help and support others such as Chris. Wishing you the best Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by yusef View Post
    Truly inspiring! I'm touched by this story, Evan proves time and time again that their's a lot more too him than just bodybuilding. We need more pro athletes like him, and for the sponsors to support and pay for bodybuilders to go out there and help and support others such as Chris. Wishing you the best Chris!

i think once hes good to go, animal should sponsor chris's comeback first bodybuilding show

My heart and blessings go out to Chris and his family. Evan is such a stand up guy. How many other pros would really do the kind gestures he does. I got a chance to meet and talk to him at the Meet the Olympias during the Mr O weekend. He was one of the coolest pros I spoke with. He was real with me. Even my wife was impressed by how cool he was and the time he is willing to spend with his fans. She even wanted to take a pic with him. I think he had a lil crush on him. Its all good cuz it gave me a good reason to go stare at Nicole Nagrani. LOL

Big respect for Evan. He's a great guy with a big heart! All the best to Chris and his father

Banned

nice..great job done!

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    I just got home from visiting Chris. Where do you begin? The email that Chris sent to the guys at Universal was passed on to me Wednesday night. Ironically, I spent all of last Thursday going from appointment to appointment with my father who also happens to have cancer. My father had his right lung and a section of his heart removed last year because they found a neuroendocrine tumor (it's a rarely seen form of cancer). He has since been receiving chemotherapy. A few weeks ago, I met my father to watch my younger sister's volleyball game and he told me that they found that his cancer had spread to areas in his neck and chest. So the day after receiving Chris's email was spent with my father visiting his oncologist and his surgeon in Westchester and Brooklyn respectively...right near Chris who also happens to be in Westchester. In any case, what I'm trying to say is that hearing what Chris had to say really hit home in light of everything happening right now with my father.

Chris and I spent a while talking and I hope he was left having benefited as much from our conversation as I did. I don't have cancer and that makes me unable to sit next to Chris or my father or anyone else and tell them that I know how they feel or that they have to do x, y and z to make it through. In reality, I can offer things that I have learned and suggest things that have helped me but at the end of it, when I'm sitting across from someone who, at the age of 22, has already had open heart surgery, is currently awaiting a heart transplant and facing odds that are not in his favor the fact of the matter is that I'm the one who walks away inspired. When someone like Chris won't stop thanking you for taking the time to come visit him you begin to feel really ridiculous because it only makes you uncomfortably aware of the fact that you should be doing more to give back.
    ...and you seriously stop and wonder why people look up to you so much Evan, this is just another example of something YOU do that makes us aspire to change our lives and look up to you.

You really are a class act Evan, all the best for 2013 and more importantly, best wishes to Chris for a full recovery.

Chris is an inspiration..!!This could have happened to anyone of us...it happened to him and he gives the fight!!!Stay strong man!!Best thoughts and wishes from Greece!

About Evan,i can see why Chris admires him and why we all respect him so much as a person.!Evan is a real man,something i strive to be everyday.!
    "“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”"

This is awsome i wish i was feeding people today for thanksgiving

Wow...This is why I love Universal/Animal...and Centopani!

I dont know Evan personally (obviously) but he seems like the kind of guy that would do this even if the camera's were not rolling.
    "The word you are looking for gentlemen, is incredible" - Master Shake

Nobody

Wow, I'm blown away. Huge props to Evan, Universal/Animal for showing some love to Chris. This is what's great about the best sport in the world. Even though we're all at different points in our personal lives, we're not in it alone. This community is absolutely fantastic, and Evan along with Universal/Animal proved this with such a gracious gesture here. Hang in there big Chris! We're all behind you brother!

God Bless.

Why doesn't this story make it to mainstream media?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    Why doesn't this story make it to mainstream media?
    That's what i was thinking.Society unfortunately thinks of bodybuilders as these ignorant meat heads but im sure peoples opinions would change if they saw what Evan did.
    Bodybuilding isn't about how much you can lift.
    It's about how much you say you can lift.

thats awesome !! all the best for this kid!!
    Victor Bortoletto - Brazilian ifbb States Champ

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast