Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Evan Centopani Meets Toughest Fan - VIDEO! Plus update from Chris After Surgery.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daveymeister View Post
    That's what i was thinking.Society unfortunately thinks of bodybuilders as these ignorant meat heads but im sure peoples opinions would change if they saw what Evan did.
    The media is Ignorant in general! Ive met Plenty of well spoken bodybuilders over the years,Phil,Jay,Evan and matt Duvall,Lee Haney,Shawn Ray,Its hard to understand bodybuilders if you dont go to shows and meet these guys.The media thinks Jersey shore is bodybuilding!

PS Evan is the Anti Meathead!

I saw this video link of facebook and clicked on it not knowing what it was. Awesome to see Evan give Chris something to push for, a reason to dig that little bit deeper. All it takes is a reason to fight and your ability to battle such a beast is that much greater. I just got in touch with Chris, Im going thru the same situation with Heptocellular Carcinoma which is a severe liver cancer...they gave me 2 years to live..so I can relate to the animal this kids gotta be mentally. Im thinking 2 years from now Chris and I do an encore bodybuilding show together just to proove that its all about will!!! Chris you down?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Doherty View Post
    I saw this video link of facebook and clicked on it not knowing what it was. Awesome to see Evan give Chris something to push for, a reason to dig that little bit deeper. All it takes is a reason to fight and your ability to battle such a beast is that much greater. I just got in touch with Chris, Im going thru the same situation with Heptocellular Carcinoma which is a severe liver cancer...they gave me 2 years to live..so I can relate to the animal this kids gotta be mentally. Im thinking 2 years from now Chris and I do an encore bodybuilding show together just to proove that its all about will!!! Chris you down?!
    Wow, Brendan, Ron mentioned your illness in the DPP, so sorry to hear that dude. Your attitude and will are incredible brother, truly inspirational, keep fighting!

Thanks YB thats always nice to hear! I dont wanna get off the focus of Chris here, just wanna be a voice to help everyone relate to the feelings of going through somethign of this nature. The support for him is awesome!

iWarrior

Much respect to Evan.

Spotter

Amazing to hear Evan do something like this. Really great person. Goodluck to Chris and hope he eventually starts bodybuilding again. Im 17 and can't imagine being in that situation. Hang in their Chris and keep pushing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Doherty View Post
    Sorry to hear that, stay strong! Don't underestimate the power of the mind and your attitude. You can defeat this just like Chris will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-4K...SuI50cQ76kUEnA

I read the comments on the vid above and read the posts on the FORVM, and BB.com... Amazin all the positivity coming from everyone.

Things like this really put things into perspective of what is truly important. Wishing both Chris and your father, Evan, the quickest recovery in their battle.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    The media is Ignorant in general! Ive met Plenty of well spoken bodybuilders over the years,Phil,Jay,Evan and matt Duvall,Lee Haney,Shawn Ray,Its hard to understand bodybuilders if you dont go to shows and meet these guys.The media thinks Jersey shore is bodybuilding!

PS Evan is the Anti Meathead!
    I think ur right... Its far easier to stereotype and dismiss than to take time to understand. I think thats just human nature. So its easier for the mainstream public to see Ox or any other bodybuilder as just selfish and narcisstic or fill in the blank ________________. But at the end of the day, BBers are people, and just as people have different characters, values and motivations, so too do BBers... Ive long believed that the best parts of the sport have the ability to bring people together in a meaningful way and build genuine community. I still believe that...

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Seriously the kid is a good kid regardless if he is a bodybuilder or not. He was raised well by his parents and has great character, integrity and is a giving person PERIOD. He does the right thing because HE FEELS its the right thing to do.

When someone like Chris won't stop thanking you for taking the time to come visit him you begin to feel really ridiculous because it only makes you uncomfortably aware of the fact that you should be doing more to give back.
    This

Forget the physique, forget the name and the accomplishments that go with it... At the end of the day those things only mean so much and you can tell Evan is aware of that. This is just some insight into the heart of a champion and one more thing that makes Evan a solid role model for up and comers. Praying for Chris and Mr. Centopani, keep doing your things Ox!!

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Dmob View Post
    Forget the physique, forget the name and the accomplishments that go with it... At the end of the day those things only mean so much and you can tell Evan is aware of that. This is just some insight into the heart of a champion and one more thing that makes Evan a solid role model for up and comers. Praying for Chris and Mr. Centopani, keep doing your things Ox!!
    Agreed! Wishing Chris and Evans Dad a speedy and full recovery!

I don't think people realize how much a visit means to someone who's cooped up in the hospital all day. Me having lived with someone "very young" who had cancer, I remember the visits. There was a guy who would come to the hospital and sit with the kids and make origami animals and it seems so simple, and so easy but it means a lot to them. It's really great that you did this Evan, I don't know if you can realize how much this must have meant to this guy, It's really awesome.
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

We put together a feature article about Chris and the visit:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=623

^^^^

it would be cool to have updates from Chris like once a month or something!

Wish him all the best!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast