Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 34

Thread: 2013 NPC Team Universe - IFBB Pro League Qualifiying Rules

  1. #1
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default 2013 NPC Team Universe - IFBB Pro League Qualifiying Rules


    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; November 27th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Let me know if you're competing!

  3. #3
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,558

    Default

    Hmm, now that they broke up Masters into over 35 and over 40 instead of just over 35. . . . it's those 35-39-yer-olds that are usually the biggest pains in the ass to compete against.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  4. #4
    Freak of Nature David Lees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MA/South of Heaven
    Posts
    12,519
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I'll be there competing!!! Hopefully this will be my show to turn pro in 2013...Thank you for the info Adina!

  5. #5

    Default

    It's 35-44 at the Team U, & 35-39 at the Masters Nationals & North Americans. Both categories have evened out the age difference that has existed for a long time for masters men & women at the national level, because women were competing as masters at 35 for a long time but the men were having to wait till 40.

  6. #6
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    66,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Hmm, now that they broke up Masters into over 35 and over 40 instead of just over 35. . . . it's those 35-39-yer-olds that are usually the biggest pains in the ass to compete against.
    I think more guys in the 35 and over would show up at the Masters Nationals.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  7. #7

    Default

    haha look at the joke.

  8. #8
    IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,767

    Default

    Will there be women's bodybuilding? am asking cause I DONT see it on the list. Perhaps an oversight???

  9. #9
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,301
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Will there be women's bodybuilding? am asking cause I DONT see it on the list. Perhaps an oversight???
    Sadly, it is left out and being phased out I guess.

    If they offer an "over 50, over the hill with arthritic shoulder/back division", count me in for sure :-)

    I can still pose, but in some poses I look crooked now.
    Last edited by Howard; November 27th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT03DAL View Post
    I'll be there competing!!! Hopefully this will be my show to turn pro in 2013...Thank you for the info Adina!

    Go get it buddy!!!
    IFBB Figure Pro Laurie "Freak Diesel" Green
    *facebook.com/LaurieSchnelle*ig@laurieschnelle

  11. #11
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,301
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Hmm, now that they broke up Masters into over 35 and over 40 instead of just over 35. . . . it's those 35-39-yer-olds that are usually the biggest pains in the ass to compete against.
    Based on last yr, I think you would have a better shot at winning here then at the over 40 masters nationals. True?
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  12. #12
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Based on last yr, I think you would have a better shot at winning here then at the over 40 masters nationals. True?
    It's pretty much all the same guys - the shows are 2 weeks apart and both on the East Coast.

    But for the last 2 years Masters was just one big group, over 35, that they broke down into over and under 176 pounds.

    The flyer shows that there are now 3 distinct age groups: over 35, 40, and 50.

    I make no silly predictions on which show I would do better at, how I might place, etc. Bottom line is you never know who will show up. All I can do is get into the best shape possible and let the chips fall where they may.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  13. #13

    Default

    oh wow, there's 35+ and 40+ MPD?

    haha, if you are 35+ or even 40+ years old and still do MPD, you are what's wrong with the world.

    Man up and do real 40+ bodybuilding like our MD's Ron Harris.

  14. #14
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Will there be women's bodybuilding? am asking cause I DONT see it on the list. Perhaps an oversight???
    I had not caught that. I've got a message in to clarify.

  15. #15
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice Without Regrets View Post
    oh wow, there's 35+ and 40+ MPD?

    haha, if you are 35+ or even 40+ years old and still do MPD, you are what's wrong with the world.

    Man up and do real 40+ bodybuilding like our MD's Ron Harris.
    Not everyone wants to look like a bodybuilder.

    But I will say that a local guy did MPD at age 50 recently at a local NPC show - and it was rough watching him up there with way too much bodyfat and very little hair on his head getting owned by a bunch of shredded 25-year-olds with fauxhawks.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  16. #16
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT03DAL View Post
    I'll be there competing!!! Hopefully this will be my show to turn pro in 2013...Thank you for the info Adina!
    My pleasure! I will see you there!

  17. #17

    Default

    More like they can't. Not everyone can
    50 years old and still do FPD? Wisdom doesn't come with age at all.

    Good luck at Team U Ron Harris!


    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Not everyone wants to look like a bodybuilder.

    But I will say that a local guy did MPD at age 50 recently at a local NPC show - and it was rough watching him up there with way too much bodyfat and very little hair on his head getting owned by a bunch of shredded 25-year-olds with fauxhawks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •