Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What's up with MD's vids??

Default What's up with MD's vids??

Why is it that when they release there vids they are always old? Like 2,3,4 weeks? Adina, Ron or Madmax will say a vid is being filmed today yet we won't see it for weeks?

I'm no film editing genius but I have edited film before and it don't take too long. And it ain't like most clips are longer than 10mins. Yet Antoine can film himself and Mike today and post it tommorow? Wtf? Always wondered what was up wit this...

Id assume they probably just need to hire someone efficient at this, like when Robbie D was here. Im assuming

Antoine is in control and supplies 99% of his own footage for the most part, he can crank it out and that's why he has such a great following

I might be able to shoot, but not edit and upload, so then it must be sent to someone that can for them to do it. They probably have 20 other vids they need to do the same thing for. I see why/how it can be a tedious task.

I agree its kind of retarded to get a 5 week out video, 2 days before the show.
    Instagram - tkajfasz

It's kind of sad how easy it would be to make a video with many of their signed "athletes," yet how they seemingly neglect any modern advances.

All you would have to do is the following:
    1.Go on a college/uni facebook page with the MD handle
    2.Ask for anyone in a media art type program with film/production experience that wants to help film a bodybuilder's workout
    3.Tell them the type of shots you want and the basics of what they should do (not like there is anything innovative about workout videos anyways)
    4.Send them some prepared questions to be covered by the filmed bodybuilder
    5.Pay them $50 and give them a reference on their resume (thus saving flight/hotel money for whoever they use now)
    6.Produce a shit ton of videos that way/acquire people that want to film and hook them up where you can

The students get experience/monetary compensation and they get to meet someone somewhat famous.

MD gets quick/easy videos that can be uploaded weekly, growing the brand and getting the name out there.

Oh the drama
    Plus bi also means i have more choices than you, thats all._DKalban

Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post
    It's kind of sad how easy it would be to make a video with many of their signed "athletes," yet how they seemingly neglect any modern advances.

2.Ask for anyone in a media art type program with film/production experience that wants to help film a bodybuilder's workout
    3.Tell them the type of shots you want and the basics of what they should do (not like there is anything innovative about workout videos anyways)
    5.Pay them $50 and give them a reference on their resume (thus saving flight/hotel money for whoever they use now)
    6.Produce a shit ton of videos that way/acquire people that want to film and hook them up where you can

The students get experience/monetary compensation and they get to meet someone somewhat famous.

MD gets quick/easy videos that can be uploaded weekly, growing the brand and getting the name out there.
    I'm starting to believe neither FLEX nor MD actually give a shit about the bolded anymore. And I have no idea why.

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Not give Polumbo too much props but when he was with MD I thought the vids were much better. Then again RX is probably the worst for vids now so who knows... Well, whoever there next editor and chief is please read this thread as well as others and see what could be improved on... Doesn't cost that much more money and shit you got sponsored athletes, use em

Freak of Nature

I'm a nerd I'll learn how to edit them, send the vids to me!

Actually, i totally agree with this. I also don't understand why the bodybuilders themselves don't promote themselves more. It only makes sense. Antoine is one of very few who understand this, and how important it is to cultivate a close relationship with fans.

I love shooting - but I worked in the TV biz for 8 years our in LA and editing is like watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Actually, i totally agree with this. I also don't understand why the bodybuilders themselves don't promote themselves more. It only makes sense. Antoine is one of very few who understand this, and how important it is to cultivate a close relationship with fans.
    I continue to quote this, but it doesn't get any less true. As Arnold says

"Bodybuilders are lazy"

The majority of them don't come even close to maximizing their earning potential or marketability.

Go look at the youtube fitness community, it doesn't take much to become popular, let alone if a decent IFBB pro made the effort.

I have plans for 2013. We'll be visiting each of our guys. You're going to start seeing more videos going up every week.

editing should take like 30 minutes for a short video. that's the fun part!

Hmmm the videos are free to the fourm. How many here acutally pay for MD. I doubt MD has a bunch of video editors. Steve's son does most of the videos. And im sure he has a full time job making way more money some where else.

MD should film Evan, Jay, Branch and Victor each once a month..then that way they can upload a new vid each week of their most popular pros, without it being a massive burden on the pros. E.g. week 1 - Evan, week 2- Jay, week 3 - Branch, week 4 - Victor..repeat.
    Milk is for babies, when you get older you drink beer.

Actually, Lucas, that's on the agenda for 2013. I'm in the process of scheduling it all out right now.

Spotter

i know there`s a video of antoine training back in venice and one of dallas mccarver one week after north americans what happened with that?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast